Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"DW" To Sell Less Than "Focus"

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I hope this isn't cue for another era restart. Hit or not, this is a brilliant lead single and pulling out for the second time in a row will look terrible and won't make for a profitable era. The public hates stop and starts. Clearly, her team were confident enough to put out this single along with an official album name, cover and release date, so there's no way they can back out now. She's stuck with the decision. Not every lead single is a success but is no indication that the album won't be a hit. Sam Smith's initial lead single, Lay Me Down, flopped and look how his album turned out (the flop was later re-released as a 5th single that went on to sell 2 million in the US and there was a third version with a John Legend feature specially for charity the next month and ended up going to #1 in the UK). A flop beginning doesn't have to necessarily mean the end. It's sad how labels build up their artists in such a way where anything less than #1 for the lead is unacceptable and the plug will have to be pulled afterwards. Gaga would have had so much more support from Interscope if Applause had gone to #1 and we know it. The problem (no pun intended) in Ariana's case is that she's yet to have a US #1, so naturally, her team are desperate for her to get one now that this is her third album and if she can't do it with the lead, when can she? They'll probably also be wondering if it the jokes are true, that she really does need a feature tag for success. Her inability to get a successful solo hit is worrying. If she doesn't make a big splash with this album, I doubt she's ever going to.

20 hours ago, Noahhh said:

She signed another WW Arena Tour Contract like a couple of months ago. Which kinda scares me since, DW is flopping outside of the US.

Really? Maybe because she didn't do much international touring last time, it's presumed she'll be safe this time around when she'll hopefully have more hits to sell tickets? But the last album has been her peak so far and she struggled to sell tickets (and they're really cheap too, if her getting less than $1 million for an audience of over 14,000 is anything to go by). Even in the US, most gigs usually didn't have many over 10,000 (the second and third legs were where the numbers went right down). The only song that people know her for internationally is Problem. She's going to need to do more than that if she wants to sell. She cancelled her promo for Focus in the UK last year too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Ryan

GagaDaily loves to live in this world where singles only can do well if they do well in the first week, which has proven to not be true numerous times. Shoutout to Ariana Grande. This place preys on the unsuccessfulness of popstars that can actual numbers higher than Lady Gaga. Unlike, Lana Del Rey and that Diamonds girl.

Everyone hated Focus when it came out and now we're back to loving it? :wtf: And Focus was not a hit - I haven't heard it on the radio or in public places. I'm the only one of my social group that even bought Focus:air:

Archived