💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

What was your reaction to Lady Gaga's 2009 VMA performance?

Hyperballad

Featured Posts

Hyperballad

When I watched Gaga at the VMAS 2009 was when I became a true Little Monster!!

Now I wanna hear your reaction Little *******s!:stalkga:

homomo

I honestly didn't know about it until 2011 when I found it on YouTube.

RebeldeFaith

I saw blood and I called 911.

Turns out I was several years late.

She's OK now.

Something something idk

I was still getting over the death of MJ so I didn't really pay too much attention to the time upcoming artists.

I watched it towards the end of 2010 and I was already a stan at that point. The performance only reinforced my like for the woman. 

Sizzily

I was 12 and my parents and i were watching the VMAS. I had heard and like Just Dance and Poker Face but I don't think I knew they were by the same artist :toofunny:. That year, I went through this weird obsession with horror movies(closely followed by my obsession with horror games) and it really stuck a cord with me. A pop star who could execute that concept of dying by fame with those amazing visuals just amazed me. I was one of those little s**ts that say "music today sucks, the 70's were better" (I also had a thing for disco and funk :air: f**king cringey). Anyway, it helped me get out of that weird kid phase which, thank god, only lasted from the end of 6th grade to the middle of 7th grade so I didn't make a jackass out of myself right before high school.

And I become a fan and then a Little Monster when that became a saying.

One Banned Boi

Curunir

watched it live. my jaw dropped. for the first time in my life i was actually SHOCKED (in the best way possible ofc) by a singer :worship2:

I remembered the first lines of the performance caught my attention and pulled me in. The set was amazing, the costumes, Gaga's headgear, the freaking ambiance to it was spectacular. I got freaking chills when she was profusely bleeding through her dress and singing like she was suffering then I was disturbed when I saw her hanging "dead" on that stage. But I loved it, though. Great ending to a great performance. The performance was so iconic, so theatrical, very different from all the other artists I've seen, so artistic, has a profound meaning to it, I mean.... HOW COULD YOU NOT DROP YOUR JAW AFTER WATCHING THAT???

Sorry for mumbling too much, it's just that that performance turned me into an obsessed fan. I thank God (aka Lady Gaga:derpga:) for that masterpiece of a performance.

Archived