achievement

TIHTY Posts Largest Increase Since Radio Release

Economy

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Whats AC? Adult Contemporary?

Cuz its been mostly falling in that chart :rip: 

Who cares? Why you gotta be such a debbie downer about it? It was never about charting anyways, it was about getting the song and the message out there.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 hour ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Who cares? Why you gotta be such a debbie downer about it? It was never about charting anyways, it was about getting the song and the message out there.

Of course!!!

im just concerned this will get radio stations seeing Gaga as still flopping and then be reluctant to play her lead single then this affects her whole era :air: 

InTraumatica
8 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Do you know that part of money from sales goes to BTW Fundation?

Mama Ru

This song was obviously never meant to be a commercial and radio juggernaut. Y'all acting like it's been some sort of flop are out of your whiny a** minds. 

Gaga recorded this as a song to accompany a documentary about rape and it ended up creating MONTHS of buzz, hit #1 on the dance charts (!!), landed her an Oscar nomination(!!!), served as the soundtrack to a pivotal, career-defining performance, and became a top 20 hit on Adult Contemporary radio (the only logical place for this song) and yet you're STILL bashing it as some sort of flop because it hasn't taken off on pop radio. Bye. 

68vzl.gif?w=580

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

aaronyoji

its sad that an empowering song with a real gutsy message cant stand a chance on the radio the way it could've if we were in the 60s or 70s.... 

Juanjo

As much as I want this song to be on radio, mainly because of the message, and the issue at hand, I'm ok if it doesn't become popular. I want Gaga's comeback to feel like one, and be a successful one. 

Jesse Pinkman

Nn

Just be patient and wait for the lead. Of course this isn't gonna smash lol

It's science, bitch

Whispering
18 hours ago, Economy said:

Of course!!!

im just concerned this will get radio stations seeing Gaga as still flopping and then be reluctant to play her lead single then this affects her whole era  

Radio stations are not a bunch of drama queens on pop girl forums. They knew that this song wouldn't be a good fit for pop radio, but at the same time, knew that it was an important message from an artist that gets attention. They are going to welcome the interview and respect Gaga and her message. These are sensible adults, not hysterical pop fans. 

They know that this song has nothing to do with Gaga's next solo era. Gaga will have radio support when she releases her debut single from LG5. 

Goodtimes12128

No need to stress...I heard TIHTY at 5am yesterday on my Top40 station when I was driving to work :toofunny:

But in all seriousness this won't affect LG5 at all. When the lead is released it will probably get played hourly on every station with some sort of iheartradio promotion deal and make headlines etc.

By fully supporting TIHTY, Gaga retains her integrity as an artist, just like she did with ARTPOP while it was not doing well commercially at all. She has to believe in her product and support it, not drop it the second it seems to be floundering.

Gagaloo911
23 hours ago, MichaelC said:

Do you know that part of money from sales goes to BTW Fundation?

I knew they were donating parts but I didn't know where exactly. So good to know thanks! 

Economy
8 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

I knew they were donating parts but I didn't know where exactly. So good to know thanks! 

Not to mention her high budget videos, tv performances we love so much etc kinda have to be supported by success. I still dont get why ppl act like it doesnt matter :saladga: 

On March 11, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Mama Ru said:

This song was obviously never meant to be a commercial and radio juggernaut. Y'all acting like it's been some sort of flop are out of your whiny a** minds. 

Gaga recorded this as a song to accompany a documentary about rape and it ended up creating MONTHS of buzz, hit #1 on the dance charts (!!), landed her an Oscar nomination(!!!), served as the soundtrack to a pivotal, career-defining performance, and became a top 20 hit on Adult Contemporary radio (the only logical place for this song) and yet you're STILL bashing it as some sort of flop because it hasn't taken off on pop radio. Bye. 

68vzl.gif?w=580

This isnt even pop radio. Its so over-all AI on radio.

Adult contemporary makes up small portion of AI and on top of that, the song had the lowest AI in the top 20 never even hitting 1 million

nice it had a buzz for oscars and nice message. But the radio release does more harm than good

Gagaloo911
9 hours ago, Economy said:

Not to mention her high budget videos, tv performances we love so much etc kinda have to be supported by success. I still dont get why ppl act like it doesnt matter :saladga: 

This isnt even pop radio. Its so over-all AI on radio.

Adult contemporary makes up small portion of AI and on top of that, the song had the lowest AI in the top 20 never even hitting 1 million

nice it had a buzz for oscars and nice message. But the radio release does more harm than good

Oh please, Gaga is such a big name in the industry, she would get performances regardless of the success of her future singles on the basis of her name and impact alone. It brings in viewers, even if it doesn't translate into "success" by whatever limited definition you mean by that.

It's all relative. Cheek to Cheek was a massive success and had no #1 or Top 40 singles, so that argument is baseless and inaccurate.

Also, you don't need a huge budget to make a great quality music video. That's just silly. Gaga is here to stay and her name and rapport with others in the industry will make that true regardless of how massive her next album/single will be. It's not even up for debate, so enough with you and all your talk about sales and charts. How typical that you're so obsessed with sales, coming from someone with the name "economy".

Archived