💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

DJ White Shadow expresses his feelings towards Kim Kardashian

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

lego
9 minutes ago, Hauser said:

I get that, but Kim and her family have never claimed to have a specific talent or be role models. It's like coming for Britney Spears for never making "deep" music imo

Even if they never claimed that, they unfortunately have millions of followers, impressionable teens, they became 'role models' to this young generation and DJWS is more like saying to everyone not to look up to them. He's not attacking Kim and her self-centered family. He's educating the kids. :poot:

FreePalestine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kayla
3 hours ago, SarahYuko said:

I could be wrong but I think what he's trying to say is that we shouldn't aim for fame solely by displaying our naked bodies. Kim is famous for her sex tape. And he's discouaraging kids from following her footsteps. I don't think he's saying we should be ashamed of showing off our bodies and cover them up all the time. If we're gonna be famous, it should be because of talent or intellect.

The thing is, Kim Kardashian IS talented and she IS intelligent. Not every rich person could pull off a reality show, for example. Her talent is being famous and she's very knowledgeable about what she's doing. 

Some of us struggle to be the center of attention at a house party; Kim is at the center of attention nationwide. It's not something just anyone can do. She plays herself out to just be a rich airhead, but the woman knows what she's doing and she knows it is controversial, which keeps her relevant. 

EDIT: I don't like it either, but I'm not going to viciously insult someone who isn't hurting me. Like Kim posted a naked selfie- so what? People complaining about her wanting attention are giving her exactly what she wants. And really- being an attention-seeker is an annoying personality trait, but it's not hurting anyone else. Just ignore it. 

Kayla
2 hours ago, Iwontell said:

I think "different strokes for different folks"...some people like her and I respect that, as much as I want my indifference towards her to be respected...and some people really dislike her, and I'm fine with that as well...

Also, I think of Kim not as the problem, but as a materialization of the current "zeitgeist", in the sense that ppl are so consumed with their appearance, with the idea of being famous, rich, desired, that Kim becoming a "role-model" is a natural thing...if it wasn't her it would someone else...it's not like she made ppl a certain way, ppl were a certain way already, that's why Kim was able to make so much money and become so successful...

This I'm on board with. 

I actually posted a FB status today:

It seems overexposure and the amount of money the family makes is the reason for all the hatred, and it is bothersome that industries like Reality TV pull in so much money.

But if you really want them to go away from public view and stop making millions off reality TV we've gotta reroute our priorities.

The Kardashians get a spot on TV multiple times a week to show America what's important to them, and they get those spots because as a population we've showed producers that Kardashian values are our values too. We voted with our likes, our conversations, and viewership.

In reality, Kim Kardashian isn't a bad person. 
She's someone who is famous because America values and wants to see attractive people doing luxurious things while being dramatic about it, and she has the celebrity talent and fame intelligence to make millions off of those interests.

StrawberryBlond

His advice is aimed more at the youth of today, he's not talking about other celebrities. It's completely sound advice to give. Yes, there are young people posting risque pictures of themselves online and sending them to others because they're being sent the message that this is ok by their peers. And it's starting to come from the media too. This is a bad thing. But I think most of them are smart enough to not put it on their social media accounts. A normal person doesn't post nude photos on Twitter because your friends are following you, family might be following you. When a non-famous civilian does it, it's obscene, random and unacceptable. But being a celebrity is different. These pictures are for the millions of fans who follow you. It's a different plane. As a celebrity, you're public property essentially, so posting such pictures doesn't seem as bad as when a civilian does it. And obviously, celebrities post nude in various publications all the time. Because when you're famous, you're putting yourself out there for public consumption, thus, it's an more acceptable thing to do. The key is to educating kids that it's two different worlds and obviously, teaching them the importance of being legal, consent rules and not giving in to peer pressure (and adults should bear this in mind too). Yeah, there's some stupid kids out there, but I don't think the majority are stupid enough to post a nude selfie on Twitter because Kim did it. I just hope all parents are educating their kids about the dangers and don't just think "they'll never do that."

But yes, I totally get his point about how young people should strive to be more than just pretty and sexy. It's a nice side dish, but not essential. Ultimately, you've got to have a back up plan when you get older or start losing your looks. If you make your money off of nothing but your youth and beauty, how will you survive when you don't have those things anymore? And we need to stress the importance of showing intelligence. An young airhead is halfway acceptable. An elderly airhead is not.

TerrenceV2
1 hour ago, Kayla said:

The thing is, Kim Kardashian IS talented and she IS intelligent. Not every rich person could pull off a reality show, for example. Her talent is being famous and she's very knowledgeable about what she's doing. 

Some of us struggle to be the center of attention at a house party; Kim is at the center of attention nationwide. It's not something just anyone can do. She plays herself out to just be a rich airhead, but the woman knows what she's doing and she knows it is controversial, which keeps her relevant. 

EDIT: I don't like it either, but I'm not going to viciously insult someone who isn't hurting me. Like Kim posted a naked selfie- so what? People complaining about her wanting attention are giving her exactly what she wants. And really- being an attention-seeker is an annoying personality trait, but it's not hurting anyone else. Just ignore it. 

Oh right talented at posting selfies on instagram and flop crying on a reality show. Wow screams talent and intelligence.

playground love - josef salvat

XoXoJoanneGaga

It doesn't surprise me that he would post something backwards and pseudo-intellectual like this

Kayla
1 hour ago, Brodinsky said:

Oh right talented at posting selfies on instagram and flop crying on a reality show. Wow screams talent and intelligence.

You don't need to get catty with me.
My point is that she knows exactly what she's doing and when it comes to getting people to talk about her, she IS talented. Just because you don't value the talent someone else has doesn't mean it isn't talent. Plenty of reality stars DON'T get the fame that Kim does, so clearly there's some talent involved in getting people to talk about you, even if that talent isn't actually worthwhile to society as a whole. 

And her intelligence isn't one that sets a good example for others, but the fact is she is intelligent when it comes to celebrity culture and getting people to talk about her. Just because her knowledge isn't something you care about doesn't mean she is stupid. 

LoveandMagic

I guess I can see what he is saying (or trying to say). On one hand, Kim has every right to post pics of her body, selfies, or pose nude in a magazine if she wants. She makes a lot of money doing that, and seems to dig her looks. She also seems quite vapid and materialistic, and her family seems to value fame, wealth, and looks over education and building skills (for the girls at least). However, that's not to say these are bad people (they aren't trying to hurt anyone and don't seem to be cruel people, they also don't seem to be trying to stomp all over people to make money). That's also not to say they don't put some effort into what they do, and seem to have good marketing savvy. Most in the general public will agree though that they don't seem to fit the mold for a traditional role model. Traditionally, a good role model values skills, hard work, intelligence over looks and superficial popularity, because these traits will last a lifetime and often bring both professional success and personal fulfillment. 

Kim seems to have a fairly young fan base, and I can see why her image might bother some people when it comes to impressionable teens and kids. A young person with stars in their eyes might think that the "easy" way to fame and fortune (which to them might be the only thing that has value) would be nude selfies and having the most trendy bag, living in the biggest house, going clubbing every night, and having a superficially fab set of friends, etc. They only see the "results" of Kim's rise (not knowing she was already wealthy to begin with) and have a limited knowledge of how she got her fame. This can lead them down a very destructive path if they are not given any guidance. Now, Kim can't help that younger people look up to her, and I don't know if she targets the younger set specifically (if she does, then she may want to be a bit more mindful in how she presents herself). Ultimately though, it's up to the parents or guardians to decide if she is a fit role model for their kids. Just as it's up to them to dictate their child's upbringing. If they find Kim Kardashian to be too much of a... personality, there are things they can do, such as blocking her show/channel, keeping their kids of certain social media sites, etc. They can also sit down with their kids and explain what they are seeing and why that may not be a good thing (in the parent's eyes). But Kim Kardashian isn't  responsible for raising people's children and isn't likely going anywhere anytime soon. She was made big by the public and it's the public's fault that she is a house-hold name. Kim is just doing what it takes to keep herself marketable, and she's not directly hurting anyone doing so (or trying to anyway). If she is so terrible for society then the public/ media shouldn't be endorsing her and embracing every new product. They are the ones giving Kim credibility as a celebrity and making her and her family "American royalty." This is why it is crucial for the parents/guardians to take the steps necessary to combat their image, if they find it a fault. We can't place all of societies ills on the Kardashians, we made them, and many of the traits we claim to loathe about them we celebrate in other forms of media. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

SarahYuko
6 hours ago, Kayla said:

I agree that she's been really good at keeping her fame. Though (if I'm not mistaken) it was a sex tape that ricocheted her into fame at this level, wasn't it? She wasn't a complete nobody before, but she's making headlines now. So I can understand that it can be considered a talent and it takes a certain kind of intelligence to keep the public interested in her despite her lack of what we usually consider talent and entertainment (singing, dancing, acting, etc.) Naming her child North, for example, was a smart move. But what I understand from DJWS's post is that Kim's beginning as a major celebrity started off from her sex tape, which is something nobody has respect for and nobody considers a well deserved fame. Of course, it's the same public that bashes her that keeps giving her the attention she needs to maintain her fame. But there will always be a big blotch on her name because of her beginning. And it would be more appropriate and preferable to begin to be famous for the usual sort of "talent" than for a sex tape.

Personally, I don't care what she is. But I agree with not starting fame from a video of one's naked self having sex. Now that she IS famous, she can go ahead and post as many nudes as she likes. Nothing we haven't seen before. 

Teri Hatcher
18 hours ago, Teri Hatcher said:

kim is a disgusting woman! that shallow ass trash should be wiped from existence. 

Which coward reported this instead of having the balls to reply 

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Kayla
1 hour ago, Teri Hatcher said:

Which coward reported this instead of having the balls to reply 

Please don't go on a witch-hunt. I hadn't looked at the reports before seeing this post, so I don't know if someone did report it, but I'll tell you that I found it myself when I was reading through the thread and made the decision to warn it. Had you said "Kim is disgusting. I wish people like her didn't get to become famous," you wouldn't have been warned, but your entire post was a huge insult that really crossed the line. 

We aren't the epitome of intelligent conversation here (sorry, guys :laughga:) but we at least need to aim to be more civil than that when expressing distaste. 

Luv u Sum
20 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

There are two different things: being prooud of YOUR body, and beong proud of your surgery. Showing off a body full of silicon made with surgery is not what I'd call "being proud of your body". He is so right. And being celebrated for just being sexy is awful. 

That's an awful thing to say. People get those kind of surgeries for theme selves because they want to look the way they want to look. And if I did that and I was happy I would do the same thing. No it's not the most appropriate thing you can post online but if I looked like her I would do the same thing a lot. She's beautiful and posting nude on social media is a way to be proud of yourself and celebrate to the world that you have this amazing body. 

It also pisses me off that there's the double standard on here. Justin posts nude pictures of himself on a weekly basis and everyone lusts over him but when a woman that's not Gaga does it you all call her a ***** and a slut, especially Kim because of the sex tape. And that's not a vilified reason to call someone a *****....people film themselves ****ing all the time and she took that experience that happened 13 years ago, made good money off it, and left it behind.

People can't just let a woman live her life can they? She's married and has 2 kids...she's obviously moved on so drop it. 

This isn't all to you (kurushitovska) it's to everyone on here being childish and not being able to handle a woman being proud of her body. 

Haroon

I can't wait until the day when nudity can be displayed without having to have a specific reason attached :huh: Yeah she may be rich and materialistic and all of that stuff, but people are obviously interested in her and her doings enough to increase her fame and fortune which add to those things :duck: She's just giving the people what they want, what's so wrong with that?

Being confident with your body (whether altered or not) is something we should be looking up to, I don't see how she's a bad role model in that way? Nowhere is she saying that people need to go out and create a sex tape. Nowhere is she telling people to go post naked or semi naked pictures online. If people are comfortable and alright with that and have considered the possible consequences then why not? It's their personal choice :blink: 

I find it weird that he's bashing her about IQ and only being famous for her looks, I mean what's wrong with being famous for your looks? Models book jobs because of their look, actors can book jobs based on their look, looks do and will count for some jobs. Not sure why he's expecting an Einstein or a Mother Theresa figure from a reality TV star who's ventured out and made an empire out of herself, he's barking up the wrong tree :emma: 

The irony of him saying "Be kind to each other" at the end of the message :air: 

GagaMyBlood95

But also being proud about your body is a way of expresing yourself and just being happy with it...

I am not saying we should all post naked pictures lol but still..

iamyohanna

the irony in all of this is that he used to ask fans for noodz, and mostly teens. THAT is disgusting. and he has, several times, posted pics of naked women on his instagram, all of them with covered faces = objectifying the female body..

any opinions on this? 

Archived