💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kelly Earns 1st Top 10 Since 2012

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Kelly Clarkson has earned her 1st Top 10 hit since "Stronger" was in the Top 10 in 2012. Her song "Piece by Piece" debuts on the Hot 100 at #8. Kelly has released 7 non-Christmas singles since "Stronger" (Dark Side (#42), Catch My Breath (#19), Don't Rush (#87), People Like Us (#65), Tie It Up (did not chart), Heartbeat Song (#21), Invincible (did not chart) and all failed to chart in the Top 10.

This is Kelly's 11th Top 10 hit following:

A Moment Like This (#1)
Miss Independent (#9)
Breakaway (#6)
Since U Been Gone (#2)
Behind These Hazel Eyes (#6)
Because of You (#7)
Never Again (#8)
My Life Would Suck Without You (#1)
Mr. Know It All (#10)
Stronger (#1)
Piece by Piece (#8)

Here's what Billboard had to say:

"Kelly Clarkson's "Piece by Piece" debuts at No. 8 on the Hot 100 after her emotional performance of the song on the Feb. 25 episode of Fox's American Idol. The title track from her 2015 album skyrockets 35-1 on Digital Songs (marking her third No. 1 on the list) with 210,000 sold, up 852 percent; the song debuted on the sales survey last week due to an initial surge after her Idol performance, just before the close of last week's charts' tracking week.

On the show, Clarkson sang a "Piece" as a piano ballad, which brought her (and Idol judge Keith Urban) to tears. The next day, she recorded her slowed-down "Idol Version," which was released commercially Feb. 29. (It was also added to the deluxe digital version of Clarkson's Piece by Piece LP and is on her new remix set, Piece by Piece Remixed, released March 4. Both the original midtempo Piece by Piece version and the "Idol Version" count toward the song's sales total.)

Sales account for 88 percent of the Hot 100 chart points for "Piece," while it also drew 3.1 million streams (up 969 percent) and, thanks to renewed airplay (of both the uptempo original and "Idol Version"), debuts at No. 23 on Adult Contemporary and re-enters Adult Pop Songs at No. 33. (The song's American Idol performance video does not contribute to its Hot 100 or Streaming Songs ranks. YouTube videos not categorized as "music" by the respective content owners are not reported by YouTube to Nielsen Music, and therefore do not contribute to Billboard's charts.)

Clarkson tallies her 11th Hot 100 top 10, the most among all Idol alums, and ties her highest debut. "Never Again" also soared in at No. 8 (its peak) on the May 12, 2007, chart. Clarkson collects her first Hot 100 top 10 from Piece by Piece; lead single "Heartbeat Song" peaked at No. 21 on the March 21, 2015 chart, the same week that the album debuted atop the Billboard 200, arriving as her third No. 1 on the ranking."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6898390/rihanna-hot-100-third-week-kelly-clarkson-top-10

Versace

Well Deserved 

now release War paint as ur next single and have it slay as well 

OmgSum1Actually

Being at #8 even though it sold the most copies this week... 

Shameless selfpromo

OmgSum1Actually
1 minute ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

Wdl4Umk.gif

Shameless selfpromo

Logan

Happy for her. She's a genuine person that has never relied on cheap antics to gain attention. She's been a consistent artist and now it's paying off for her. 

DiscoHeaven23

This doesn't appear to be a one week deal either as "Piece By Piece" is currently at:

on iTunes

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, OmgSum1Actually said:

Wdl4Umk.gif

They didn't count the Idol Performance video for streams. Those b*tches. They made it not chart as high. The video has 13 million views!

Deserving 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

DiscoHeaven23

Other chart moves this week:

Selena's "Hands to Myself" falls 4 spots from #11 to #15 (why is she not promoting this?)

Mike Posner's "I Took A Pill in Ibiza" rises from #15 to #14 (I want this to go Top 10 so badly!)

Adele's Hello falls out of the top 10, falling from #8 to #11 ("What Do You Mean?" spent longer in the Top 10)

Fifth Harmony's "Work From Home" debuts at #12

Flo Rida's "My House" rises from #5 to #4

Paper Gangsta
10 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

They didn't count the Idol Performance video for streams. Those b*tches. They made it not chart as high. The video has 13 million views!

it's not like all these views are from US

Noah
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Fifth Harmony's "Work From Home" debuts at #12

wtf. What is up? 

It got airplay, they promoted the shit outta it. Why are new songs debuting so low?

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Paper Gangsta said:

For sure, but still, it would've helped a lot 

Serendipity
14 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

1 minute ago, Paper Gangsta said:

none of the views got counted

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Paper Gangsta
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

For sure, but still, it would've helped a lot 

that's not really a lot streams. it probably would push it position or two max

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Noahhh said:

wtf. What is up? 

It got airplay, they promoted the **** outta it. Why are new songs debuting so low?

Don't worry, it'll rise. I'm not a Fifth Harmony fan (not they i don't like them or anything, i just don't follow them) and I think that song it crazy good. They were even playing it at the bar on Friday lol. 

Archived