💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Elizabeth Taylor: Ultimate Gay Icon?

DiscoHeaven23

Elizabeth Taylor: Ultimate Gay Icon?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is Elizabeth Taylor the biggest gay icon?

• yasss, she did so much for the gays before anyone else did
    • no, there's bigger ones

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Elizabeth Taylor is known for being a huge gay icon. Taylor publicly supported the gay community before it was in vogue, especially during the AIDS epidemic. She used her celebrity to fight for us gays and even got Ronald Reagan to finally acknowledge AIDS in 1987, after 25,000 people had already died from it in America. She also started the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.  So would u say she it the ultimate gay icon?

etaf-aids.jpg

tumblr_inline_mx7tbehYlw1qc63jk.png

o-ELIZABETH-TAYLOR-AIDS-facebook.jpg

142359.2e16d0ba.fill-295x279.jpg

Shipper

Depends on what generation of gays though...

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

RAMROD

Her and Cher :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Yes.

1 minute ago, Shipper said:

Depends on what generation of gays though...

Not really. We wouldn't be what we are today without the past generation of people who stood up for us. All generations of gays should recognize an icon like her who stood up when people thought we were walking diseases.

Batwings

I'm not sure about the biggest, but she's definitely near the top. I love her. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Raintree County are two of my all-time favorite films.

Shipper
Just now, Brahyun said:

Yes.

Not really. We wouldn't be what we are today without the past generation of people who stood up for us. All generations of gays should recognize an icon like her who stood up when people thought we were walking diseases.

It's just that if you ask someone from a younger generation or a different generation, they will not say Elizabeth Taylor. She did a lot for the gays but then to say she is the biggest is still not known and debatable. This makes me think that there should be a gay history month or book or something to educate everybody about the history.

Just now, Shipper said:

It's just that if you ask someone from a younger generation or a different generation, they will not say Elizabeth Taylor. She did a lot for the gays but then to say she is the biggest is still not that much known. This makes me think that there should be a gay history month or book or something to educate everybody about the history.

Are you referring to the gays who sit on Twitter all day long? Yeah, they'll probably say Britney or Gaga, or even something slightly more acceptable like Madonna.

And believe it not some young LGBT members today still let Elizabeth's legacy live on. 

Kulture Kiari

I'm 23, and I even know that Judy Garland was truly the first gay icon, when it was ok to be put to death if you were gay. 

Shipper
Just now, Brahyun said:

Are you referring to the gays who sit on Twitter all day long? Yeah, they'll probably say Britney or Gaga, or even something slightly more acceptable like Madonna.

And believe it not some young LGBT members today still let Elizabeth's legacy live on. 

Yeah. Instead of gay icon I think the term "historical figure" or someone who voiced gay rights would be more appropriate? The term "Gay Icon" sounds so subjective in the same realm of Madonna vs Gaga world of who supported the gays more or who is more relevant today in the gay world. 

latina twilight
1 hour ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

tumblr_inline_mx7tbehYlw1qc63jk.png

Yaaaassss at that quote!

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

SissyFromSpace

yes

people like to call artists such as beyonce or nicki minaj or carly rae "gay icons" but they dont know anything about actual gay icons.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

En_Sabah_Nur

Traditional Gay Icons:    

Judy Garland 

Tallulah Bankhead

Elizabeth Taylor 

Diana Ross 

Cher 

Donna Summers 

Madonna 

Cyndi Lauper 

Britney Spears