other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Martijn said:

90 PHOTO CARDS SKAGSLSHSKS IM SCREAMING :ladyhaha:

Let's hope BlockBerry doesn't take notes, @Taylor :trollga:

There are 109 including the scratch photocards and pre-order set lol

Each album comes with 5 of the 90 I think though, so it’s  not as bad as OH MY GIRL’s new album that comes with 1 of 56 lmao

Edited by Taylor

Well, lol. I’ll not be collecting the Re: BLACKPINK sticker cause I pulled 3 Jennie’s in my copies :rip: 

-

PoshLife
12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Didn’t like either of today’s releases :rip: 

Me neither. And it wasn't even close tbh :smh: 

HauntingHollow
14 hours ago, PopReaper said:

DZvCczlVoAA1w22.jpg

DZvLkmeVwAA9MB5.jpg

:emma:

is that Kim Jong-un ? :sis:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

18 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

is that Kim Jong-un ? :sis:

Yes, from the concert in North Korea - he was in attendance and is apparently a fan of Red Velvet. Irene in particular :emma: 

Martijn

Might be my fav EXID comeback along with DDD, but then again I wasn't even here during their prime Up&Down till Hot Pink era, so my judgement might be off.

• Love 2

imwoahvicky
7 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Might be my fav EXID comeback along with DDD, but then again I wasn't even here during their prime Up&Down till Hot Pink era, so my judgement might be off.

UD, AY, and HP were a mess :emma: people complained about them becoming too generic (and for some reason considered HP to be UD 3.0) and when they finally got off of 'the formula' people wanted them to go back to doing it :shrug: they can never win I guess

DDD and Lady are my favorite titles by far 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜
  • YAAAS 1

Martijn

My fav comeback of today wasn't even mentioned here. I love how E'Dawn's voice fits this song so well (he's the one who opens the song and was/is in triple h with hyuna :wub:)

• Like 1

StarlightSeiya
6 hours ago, Taylor said:

Well, lol. I’ll not be collecting the Re: BLACKPINK sticker cause I pulled 3 Jennie’s in my copies :rip: 

-

EXID came thru!! I always give the gripe about their choruses being lackluster but THIS SONG! Perfect verses and perfect chorus. My favorite release so far

Bone Apple Tea bebe

imwoahvicky

and TWICE still hasn't changed it seems like based off those teasers, and they're never going to :smh: their title tracks keep becoming more bland 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

PoshLife
1 hour ago, Martijn said:

it is :emma:

no offense :laughga:

But it is :lolga: 

• LMAO 1

PoshLife
1 hour ago, imwoahvicky said:

UD, AY, and HP were a mess :emma: people complained about them becoming too generic (and for some reason considered HP to be UD 3.0) and when they finally got off of 'the formula' people wanted them to go back to doing it :shrug: they can never win I guess

This is literally me and I regret none of it

They weren't a mess, it's just that by the time HP came around they were starting to be a bit formulaic with their releases. Then LIE came out (at least, I think that was the single after HP) and I loved that - and it certainly didn't sound at all like the previous three singles. 

I want them to make bops, and this new song just isn't catchy at all. I still listen to UD and AY almost every day, they're just both total earworms. And also the same song :emma:

Okay, I think this is the current LOOΠΔVERSE theory...

Spoiler

Olivia (the wolf) hijacked Yves' claw machine. Olivia was jealous of ViVi and Yves affections for her, resulting in Olivia picking up the human ViVi (the deer, a wolf's natural prey) with the claw machine and casting her out of the Garden of Eden. But instead of of just picking her up with the claw machine, she crushed ViVi, killing her. This can explain why there is a flash of an animal's eye (a deer, possibly), followed by the bloody claw and then the wolf reveal.

Yves then casts Olivia out of the Garden of Eden and she lands in the same place ViVi's body did. The industrial site used in a lot of Olivia's MV. Here someone (I don't know who...) converts ViVi into her new Android form. The scenes look very similar to ViVi's part in the "Up & Line" teaser where "Love & Live" is projected over her.

There are also theories that Olivia is "the sun". The three OEC girls each represented a moon, but you still need the sun to have a solar eclipse... like that one from the "2018.02.29" teaser. And isn't "Lucifer" the 'morning star' and the 'light bringer' i.e. the sun? So could Olivia be the Devil? 

It would also explain the "fallen angel" sign when JinSoul raps - plus that sign is in Chinese... Which member is Chinese? ViVi is. 

Oh... and it would also explain why nothing happened when Olivia ate her fruit (plum, apparently). She had already been kicked out of the Garden of Eden for her sin.

Edited by Taylor

PopReaper

This still slaps so hard :giveup: KARA & Sweetune was really the Katy & Dr. Luke/Max Martin of K-Pop tbh

And 2NE1 & Teddy was Gaga & RedOne :sis:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"