other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

LOONA Detectives let's get to work

tumblr_inline_n3fhczNsZ31qhg0kw.gif

According to the comments it might represent the twelve girls.
The first three squares are LOONA 1/3, the slash is Yeojin, the 4th square is Vivi, then the circles are OEC and the triangles are the final unit (with one of them being upside down for some reason)

The book is “The Elephant Keeper”, so perhaps her animal is an elephant?

Plus, her colour is silver/grey and elephants are grey 

Edited by Taylor
  • Like 1

Martijn

With the insane amount of planning BlockBerry does, I find it so hard to believe that they didn't know the final line-up yet in Chuu era, let alone spend money on photoshoots for girls that didn't make the cut.

What are those photoshoots for anyway? I always thought they were for the actual debut, but that's apparently not the case.

8 minutes ago, Martijn said:

With the insane amount of planning BlockBerry does, I find it so hard to believe that they didn't know the final line-up yet in Chuu era, let alone spend money on photoshoots for girls that didn't make the cut.

What are those photoshoots for anyway? I always thought they were for the actual debut, but that's apparently not the case.

I read Olivia Hye joined BlockBerry in October last year - so the line-up must not have been finalised until somewhat recently. BlockBerry's CEO made a blog post at some point last year explaining how the members of LOOΠΔ were chosen. The trainees were split into small teams and essentially the best of each team moved onto the next stage, where again the best were chosen making the teams and candidate pool smaller and smaller until one was chosen. Then rinse and repeat.

Back last year, a lot of the prequels mentioned "test photoshoots" (top right, bottom left pics on the Tweet) to see how the girls looked together from the 50 trainees at LOOΠΔTION. It's kinda sad to say, but I guess most of the planning BlockBerry does is in regard to the lore and what they want things to look like visually. As a result, the member almost doesn't matter - any one of the trainees would be given the stage name/animal/concept/song they'd created that the debuting member would take on. So I guess that allows them to keep to the relatively short timescales, since they're basically just picking the trainee for each month :laughga: 

Generally, the photoshoots for the physical album (and teaser pics) are taken the week before the "Who's Next Girl?" and the music video is filmed around the time of the reveal (so, today, for Olivia Hye). This then gives ~2 weeks for the filming to be completed and edited, albums produced etc. in time for the release. So the timescales always seem very short. 

But yeah... I was surprised to find the lineup wasn't finalised back in October 2016 lol. I don't remember when they first mentioned the lineup wasn't finalised, but it did take me by surprise. 

It's always been rumoured BlockBerry will debut a boy group and another girl group in relatively quick succession after LOOΠΔ, so I do hope Bambi (fan name for ginger haired girl in the pictures) debuts in that group. She's been appearing in LOOΠΔ TV's since even Kim Lip was a "blurred girl", meaning she's probably been with BlockBerry since 2016, so it must be so frustrating for her to be featured in numerous episodes only to not make the final cut - to someone relatively new to the company nonetheless. I think all of unit 3's members were recruited fairly late on last year. 

Martijn
35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I read Olivia Hye joined BlockBerry in October last year - so the line-up must not have been finalised until somewhat recently. BlockBerry's CEO made a blog post at some point last year explaining how the members of LOOΠΔ were chosen. The trainees were split into small teams and essentially the best of each team moved onto the next stage, where again the best were chosen making the teams and candidate pool smaller and smaller until one was chosen. Then rinse and repeat.

Back last year, a lot of the prequels mentioned "test photoshoots" (top right, bottom left pics on the Tweet) to see how the girls looked together from the 50 trainees at LOOΠΔTION. It's kinda sad to say, but I guess most of the planning BlockBerry does is in regard to the lore and what they want things to look like visually. As a result, the member almost doesn't matter - any one of the trainees would be given the stage name/animal/concept/song they'd created that the debuting member would take on. So I guess that allows them to keep to the relatively short timescales, since they're basically just picking the trainee for each month :laughga: 

Generally, the photoshoots for the physical album (and teaser pics) are taken the week before the "Who's Next Girl?" and the music video is filmed around the time of the reveal (so, today, for Olivia Hye). This then gives ~2 weeks for the filming to be completed and edited, albums produced etc. in time for the release. So the timescales always seem very short. 

But yeah... I was surprised to find the lineup wasn't finalised back in October 2016 lol. I don't remember when they first mentioned the lineup wasn't finalised, but it did take me by surprise. 

It's always been rumoured BlockBerry will debut a boy group and another girl group in relatively quick succession after LOOΠΔ, so I do hope Bambi (fan name for ginger haired girl in the pictures) debuts in that group. She's been appearing in LOOΠΔ TV's since even Kim Lip was a "blurred girl", meaning she's probably been with BlockBerry since 2016, so it must be so frustrating for her to be featured in numerous episodes only to not make the final cut - to someone relatively new to the company nonetheless. I think all of unit 3's members were recruited fairly late on last year. 

Thanks for your elaborate reply, it was very helpful 😊

It must be very frustrating for her indeed, she was probably VERY close to making it. She MIGHT even have recorded songs already that were later given to other members. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if trainees that didn't make it can still be heard in backing vocals.

Btw, have you made your custom photo cards yet or are you waiting for a specific release (f.e. OT12 debut)

BUtterfield 8
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I wonder if their boy group will have monthly reveals 

PopReaper
4 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

I wonder if their boy group will have monthly reveals 

I remember hearing about BBC registering the title "Boy of the Month" last year so it's very likely

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

It cost both my arms and legs, but I think I managed to get a set of the LOOΠΔ Cinema Theory photocards :cry:

I have been up since 2am trying to find one (currently 6:20am)... I'm exhausted now 😅

9 hours ago, Martijn said:

Btw, have you made your custom photo cards yet or are you waiting for a specific release (f.e. OT12 debut)

Nope :emma: I kinda forgot about my card collection tbh :sweat: I still don't really know what to do