Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

imwoahvicky
52 minutes ago, Martijn said:

All of this is so confusing. Coco has always been very honest and open in her videos, but I've never heard her say anything bad about Sori?

It's because Coco has shown many times that she was extremely jealous of Sori's solo, etc. tried being the victim and mentioned in streams about how her "company was broke" and doesn't understand why Sori is even getting a solo 

She was also upset about how the company apparently paid more attention to Sori (and Sori easily made more money than her with her debut) and she was envious of it despite the company following what Coco wanted, got multiple solos, does YouTube, etc. even tho they were losing money 

Sori's reputation is being damaged by fans throwing a pity party for Coco and spreading articles with this false mindset of Sori "personally wronging her" since she never told Coco about her debut 

Edited by imwoahvicky
⚜ Roll Deep ⚜
  • Shook 1

I don't really want to get involved with the CoCo vs MOLE/SoRi thing but I will say that I have emailed MOLE quite a few times (before this whole thing happened) and they were always very nice - replying sometimes within a few minutes and in full English too.

I emailed them about something earlier this week and they even told me something I don't think they should have re: future SoRi promotions since it hasn't been made public 💀

I don't really understand why CoCo got upset in the first place - other than jealousy? SoRi has always been the better choice for MOLE to push as she landed a bigger role in [email protected] and got to the finals of MIXNINE. CoCo can't really claim unfair treatment since at the time she had released two solo singles before SoRi's solo debut, the first being fully funded by MOLE. It's not like she's been stuck in some 'dungeon' either.

BUtterfield 8

What are your top 5 Kpop songs released in January 2019?

Mine are:

1. Cherry Bullet - Q&A
2. Apink - %%
3. CLC - No
4. Tie: Astro - All Night & WJSN - La La Love
5. Neon Punch - Tic Toc

PoshLife

Top 5 for January (annotated :emma:):
1. Favorite - Loca (I may decide to stan them, I was very pleasantly surprised by this)
2. Neon Punch - Tic Toc (Again, quite good for a group I've never heard of)
3. N.Flying - Rooftop (Wow I've been sleeping on them if all their stuff is this good)
4. Iz*One - Suki to Iwasetai (They did JPop better than I've seen a KPop group do it since Supernova)
5. Kim Soo Chan - You & Me (It was hard to choose between this and CLC's "No" but I loved the trot teases this was giving)

Honorable Mentions:
6. Tiffany Young - Born Again (A for effort but the high notes in the chorus annoy me and I guess it isn't really KPop anyway)
7. CLC - No (I like it for the most part but the chorus was a letdown)
8. Minseo - 2cm (ft. Paul Kim) (She's a cute girl)

Other notes on January:
-The boys of Astro are dangerously cute, but "All Night" doesn't do it for me
-Why are all of f(x) Luna's songs so bland??

BUtterfield 8
3 minutes ago, mister max said:

Excyse me where is is is Chunghaha in yiur january lidtsts

In the trash where it belongs 

sis hasn’t released a bop since cherry kisses

• Sad 1

PopReaper

Just read the full MOLE statement on the CocoxSori case and oh WOW that was an eloquent and thorough statement if I've ever seen one :rip: I don't know much about the situation other than what I just read but it's not hard to imagine that CoCo would be a bit pressed't at the recent success Sori has been experiencing, so I believe the receipts brought forward by the company tbh. It's honestly a bit similar to the Amber x SM IG shade, except there's no second person envolved because Luna flops, Victoria's success is mostly China-based and Krystal doesn't even bother anymore :emma:

And this made me go listen to Sori's Touch for the first time and it SLAPS, so thanks CoCo :sis:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"