šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

PopReaper

I like it, but I'll probably appreciate the Korean version more bc I spent too much of my attention while watching this trying to focus on the lyrics :emma:

Wish it was on Apple Music already :giveup:

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • YAAAS 1

PopReaper

Also, not me finally getting into this bop, like, 6 months too late.... :flop:

• Like 1

LUO YI
1 hour ago, PopReaper said:

I like it, but I'll probably appreciate the Korean version more bc I spent too much of my attention while watching this trying to focus on the lyrics :emma:

Wish it was on Apple Music already :giveup:

OMG YAAAAAAAS I couldnā€™t watch bc of school but YASSSSSSS

The night sky tells all

14 hours ago, PopReaper said:

Also, not me finally getting into this bop, like, 6 months too late.... :flop:

:legend:

-

I did the same for SEE SEA, only got into it a couple weeks ago :sweat:Ā and now I have two signed promo copies on the way cause I was too impatient over Chuseok :flop:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

fashion monster

My comment basically turned out to be me fanboyingĀ :oops:Ā 

Spoiler

If there's a group that made me change the way I judged them, that's definitely fromis_9. I did not watch Idol School and when Glass Shoes was released, I thought I did the right thing. But then To Heart was released. I didn't care the first time I listened/watched it butĀ in the following weeks it kept popping up in playlists randomly and I started to really like the song without knowing what it was. At the same time Glass Shoes was included too and I went from not liking the whole thing about that song to being ok with it. For the first time I realised that I was enjoying a group for its music while hating everything visually about it. Then we get to DKDK. At this point I was moderately hyped. I wasn't sold on the song immediately, but after a couple of listens, the catchiness of the chorus accomplished what it was designed for. And only at thatĀ point I decided to watch the MV and... I liked it. I was glad that they were slowly introducing "normal" clothes instead of having only school uniforms.Ā 

And now they comeback with Love Bomb. A BOP imo. I love the song, how it starts with this impending sense of doom and then switches to a pop rhythmically driven verse. I know nothing about music but to me the pre-chorus sounds more melodical and deliversĀ their most fun and catchy chorus to date. The post-chorus brings back that dark theme of the intro, that makes the switch to the rap verse smother and kinda expected without sounding out of place. And that kinda helpsĀ to build up to the chorus again, without it sounding repetitive. Finally your able to breath during the bridge, but only for like 10 seconds and then, it starts to build-up to the chorus another time, except that it doesn't happen yet. It puts you in a kind of "edging" situation, where you know what's gonna happen but you don't want it to happen yet, using the intro/post-chorus and now post-bridge/pre-chorus (?) section that suits perfectly the topos of an explosive last chorus, especially since a bomb is in fact a figure used in the song. Then the outro. I felt like the whole song was always increasingĀ the hype that culminates in the chorus in an effective way, but that that was it. Instead it is the outro thatĀ seems like the spot the whole song was always intendingĀ to reach, leavingĀ me with the need to press replay.Ā 

Moving to the MV, I'll keep it short. I love everything about it. One of my faves this year. I'd say it has nothing new and I can seeĀ a lot of influence from previousĀ gg's MVs. I don't have problems with things looking and sounding similar to others or the whole cookie-cutter vibe unless it's done by the same group and/or in a messier way. AndĀ I finally get amazing visuals that outdid my brightest expectations. That scene during the last chorus where they are throwing bombs and using umbrellas like shields is probably my favourite.Ā :legend:

Ā 

• Like 1

PopReaper

king about to outgay all the other kpop male soloists :giveup:Ā jokwon found dead in a ditch

Ā 

• Shook 1

I got a free signed copy of ANDA's "Like Family" todayĀ cry.pngĀ 

Which is great cause I didn't have a signed one (and it's the only single of hers I didn't have signed since she became "ANDA").

PoshLife
4 hours ago, Taylor said:

I got a free signed copy of ANDA's "Like Family" todayĀ cry.pngĀ 

Which is great cause I didn't have a signed one (and it's the only single of hers I didn't have signed since she became "ANDA").

Nice! I randomly got into that song again a few weeks ago. It's a lowkey bop.

Martijn
3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Twitter says this

Ā 

OMG Thank you! It was bugging me.
I'm so sad it was their goodbye stage today, with better management they could've done so much better :(

@PoshLifeĀ NC.A comeback!

https://i.redd.it/blk2fypi8ur11.jpg

Ugh, so we're back to no embedding... is there another trick I have to do? :sweat:

P.s. I love how they announced it the day after UNI.T's final performance haha