Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, fashion monster said:

@Taylor did you set your alarm to listen to the song as soon as it was released or is it just insomnia?

I like the song and I'm sure it will grow even more later. I was a bit disappointed by the the first chorus because I liked the first verse a lot but now I'm okay with it. We have another dancer I guess(?)

I'm curious about the theories. If you happen to see any interesting one, please direct me towards it.

[Ship detected :gaycat:]

I set my alarm haha - I normally have this gift of waking up 5 mins before my alarm goes off, but today that did not happen. Suffice to say I am a zombie at work right now... 

I've read up on a few theories and I'm going to take parts of a few and mash them together in a way that I think makes sense.

Firstly, I do not think that it's a coincidence that this was the first music video to have English subtitles. From the other videos I think it's fairly easy to see what's happening from the video, however with "new" you don't really get the message of the song unless you read the lyrics.

The song is an open letter to the "God" of the LOONAVERSE. The song opens with the lyrics "The look of you when I open my eyes, so bright that I couldn't dare approach." So I'm guessing this is some higher power, she has done something to disappoint them (by eating the forbidden fruit), hence why she doesn't want to approach them. 

I think that the next member could perhaps be the snake, and she will be the one who tempted Yves into eating the apple. Beforehand, Yves didn't know any better but after eating the apple she discovers she is the lesser being compared to Adam. She mentions that she wants to be like them - either a God or an equal of Adam. However, she now realises that she was being controlled by them. They had a plan for her but she doesn't want to be a part of it anymore.

In the chorus I think she's singing about how she has broken free (or cast out of the Garden of Eden) and so now she can make her own decisions. But she wants to take it a step further and take control of the other creations (the other LOONA members), or at least delay the "plan" by separating them. [Side note: perhaps when all LOONA members come together something happens - it even mentions on the back of the photocards that when all 12 are collected something special happens ]. She is seen "scattering" the other LOONA members when she hits the pile of toys with the golf club - a few (LOONA 1/3) reached Earth, some were lost in between places (ODD EYE CIRCLE) and the rest perhaps remained in the world Yves is in (and hence why they will make up the final sub-unit).

Yves seems to take a particular interest in YeoJin and decides to remove her from the picture by taking her out of the claw machine - perhaps this is why she is a part of LOONA 1/3 but she didn't appear in any of their releases. Next is ViVi. Yves is seen playing her cassette tape, but perhaps this could be seen as tampering with ViVi as a person and transforming her into the android from Love&Live. And lastly Choerry - who is seen receiving the apple. Perhaps when Choerry takes a bite out of the apple that is what starts the process of awakening the odd eyes. In the description of the Girl Front MV is states that a member still to be revealed revolves around them - so perhaps since Yves also ate the apple it links them together.  

Overall, I think this final subunit will ultimately tell the origin story of the LOONAVERSE and how everything has been set into motion. Is Yves evil? I don't know. I guess it all depends on what the "plan" could be when all 12 members are brought together (if this theory is even halfway right ).

Also - her animal could be a cygnet (baby swan) - or perhaps just a swan. Maybe she grew up after being cast out and taking back her life, becoming the swan. I don't know.

• Thanks 1

Martijn

It's a cute bop, but I have to agree that the chorus isn't as exciting as it could've been.

Btw, I wonder if there will be a more rap-heavy solo? With 12 members you'd expect at least 2 rappers, right? Jinsoul had a rap part in her solo, but based on her parts in OEC's releases she'll still be more vocal- than rap heavy.

Taeyeon has been involved in a car accident whilst she was driving herself. Apparently she hit into the back of a taxi which lurched forward and the taxi hit into the back of another car. 

All parties have been admitted to hospital with Taeyeon complaining of chest pains. 

2017112803436_0_20171128221015965.jpg?ty

Her car is the Merc on the right, taxi on the left. 

Martijn
15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Taeyeon has been involved in a car accident whilst she was driving herself.

OMG I hope everyone's fine. Korean traffic is so dangerous :S

SM has issued a statement to say that Taeyeon is now home and she has no injuries. They apologize for the accident and say it was caused by Taeyeon's careless driving during an individual schedule.

According to police, no alcohol was involved.

-

Inb4 her Christmas album is cancelled :rip: I'm glad she is okay though!

Edited by Taylor

A new part was added to the MV description for Yves:

"The music video for “new” was directed by DigiPedi. He captures fatal images of Yves, who takes a bite of the apple on purpose to be exiled to the earth."

HauntingHollow

I still have no idea what to think about Loona, most of their songs suck big time for me, but then there are songs that are frickin great like Eclipse, Dancing In The Rain and now "new" as well, i think these three girls should just pack it and create their own group :reductive:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Martijn

Okay, I had low to no expectations for fromis's debut song, but it's better than expected.
It's not my style at all, but I can imagine people who like GFRIEND or Dreamcatcher liking this as well..
The bingeul bingeul (?) part is very catchy

Edited by Martijn

Martijn
3 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Twice's Signal is the song of the year according to Mnet :sure:

Everyone who attended (besides Weki Meki, BoA and Fromis) got an award, what a mess.
The performances also were basic and boring, what a let down