šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Martijn said:

I have seen some videos of her, but not a lot.
tbh i haven't watched many unboxings lately, only if i'm debating on whether i should get the album myself or not. The album packaging has been so boring lately. They're no creativity when it comes to packaging anymore.

Me neither - I sometimes check Tina's channel just to see but I haven't really been bothered as much lately.Ā 

I had a look at EXID's album, but I think that's the only thing recently. I'm so annoyed Red Velvet is a jewelcase! Ugh...

@MartijnĀ do you still do your sponsorship thing with KTOWN4U?
They recently changed their order page so that your address could only have one like :rip:Ā but since I get everything sent to my work that takes like 3 :emma:Ā so I've been kinda avoiding them lately.

PopReaper

Is Yves' concept inspired by famous movies or smth? bc one of the teasers had Black Swan/Swan Lake vibes and now this one seems to reference Clueless... idkĀ :emma:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

1 minute ago, PopReaper said:

Is Yves' concept inspired by famous movies or smth? bc one of the teasers had Black Swan/Swan Lake vibes and now this one seems to reference Clueless... idkĀ :emma:

I don't think it's been confirmed yet, and I guess it won't be until the MV teaser is released. I'm guessing we'll get MV teaser either late this week or early next week and release mid/late next week.

I guess it doesn't really matter when they release it (like, I guess there is no deadline to release it by the end of November) since both November and December already have members.

Martijn
49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

@MartijnĀ do you still do your sponsorship thing with KTOWN4U?
They recently changed their order page so that your address could only have one like :rip:Ā but since I get everything sent to my work that takes like 3 :emma:Ā so I've been kinda avoiding them lately.

I stopped recently. It just felt weird. It started because I wanted to ask them to sponsor one giveaway and before I knew it I've been doing it for almost a yearĀ :selena:Ā All it got me was a lot of subscribers who subscribed for the giveaways but didn't watch any of my other videosĀ :madge:

I still have about $25 worth of K-Money, but I think after that's spent I'll switch to CatchopCDĀ :giggle:

What's the point of switching to one address line? I feel like in some countries you'd always need more than that

Edited by Martijn

50 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I stopped recently. It just felt weird. It started because I wanted to ask them to sponsor one giveaway and before I knew it I've been doing it for almost a yearĀ :selena:Ā All it got me was a lot of subscribers who subscribed for the giveaways but didn't watch any of my other videosĀ :madge:

I still have about $25 worth of K-Money, but I think after that's spent I'll switch to CatchopCDĀ :giggle:

What's the point of switching to one address line? I feel like in some countries you'd always need more than that

It's been almost a year?! Wow... time really does fly.Ā 

Catchop legend.gif I find that they're the same price at KTOWN4U anyways (but I guess a little more expensive in general since I get the 5% permanent discount). I'm sure I've mentioned before but whenever I've ordered stuff from KTOWN4U they've just shoved everything in a bubble mailer without any real protection :rip:Ā whereas I know my Catchop order will be fine even if it goes to hell and back :emma:

It's so frustrating! I actually did order a few things from them last week (I couldn't be bothered waiting until Catchop had everything listed and in-stock) and just jammed the full address into the one like :emma:Ā we'll see if that arrives.Ā 

I'm also going to try out their EMS shipping when Yves CDs are listed on Catchop. I've never tried it cause I'm scared of customs charges, but it would be great if they mark the form so that it just gets through. So that'll be my little experiment :rip:

I think they tend to mark the customs form as $12Ā and as a gift, and if shipping is max $37 then it should JUST make the Ā£37 maximum value for UK customs :flop:Ā 

Martijn
5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's been almost a year?! Wow... time really does fly.Ā 

Catchop legend.gif I find that they're the same price at KTOWN4U anyways (but I guess a little more expensive in general since I get the 5% permanent discount). I'm sure I've mentioned before but whenever I've ordered stuff from KTOWN4U they've just shoved everything in a bubble mailer without any real protection :rip:Ā whereas I know my Catchop order will be fine even if it goes to hell and back :emma:

It's so frustrating! I actually did order a few things from them last week (I couldn't be bothered waiting until Catchop had everything listed and in-stock) and just jammed the full address into the one like :emma:Ā we'll see if that arrives.Ā 

Yeah, I did the first one in november last year.

Btw, I wondered, do you own any season's greetings sets or lightsticks? I know you buy photobooks (and albums obviously), but do you buy other merch as well?

Just now, Martijn said:

Btw, I wondered, do you own any season's greetings sets or lightsticks? I know you buy photobooks (and albums obviously), but do you buy other merch as well?

Nah - I don't bother with merch. The only exceptions would be photobooks (mostly of concerts)Ā that are considered merch, but even then I only have a couple since they're pretty hard to find after they initially go on sale (and I don't normally notice when they do lol).Ā I wouldn't get any key rings or badges or paper dolls or anything :rip:Ā 

Seasons greetings... I mean. They kinda appeal to me, but at the same time I'm never ever going to use the calendar. Plus so many groups release them I'd be buying loads of them :rip:Ā 

I do have IU's lightstick as I got one with my official fan club membership :emma:Ā but thats the only one I have. It didn't include the batteries and I couldn't read the instructions cause... they were in Korean lmao.gifĀ so... I guess it's just a stick for now :emma:Ā 

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Nah - I don't bother with merch. The only exceptions would be photobooks (mostly of concerts)Ā that are considered merch, but even then I only have a couple since they're pretty hard to find after they initially go on sale (and I don't normally notice when they do lol).Ā I wouldn't get any key rings or badges or paper dolls or anything :rip:Ā 

Seasons greetings... I mean. They kinda appeal to me, but at the same time I'm never ever going to use the calendar. Plus so many groups release them I'd be buying loads of them :rip:Ā 

I do have IU's lightstick as I got one with my official fan club membership :emma:Ā but thats the only one I have. It didn't include the batteries and I couldn't read the instructions cause... they were in Korean lmao.gifĀ so... I guess it's just a stick for now :emma:Ā 

Yeah, me too. I'm not someone who'd use them either.
I think I'd buy BLACKPINK's SG set, but since 2NE1 never got one I doubt it'll happen.
And a light stick only if I'd go to a concert, but again not very likely to happen.

Just now, Martijn said:

Yeah, me too. I'm not someone who'd use them either.
I think I'd buy BLACKPINK's SG set, but since 2NE1 never got one I doubt it'll happen.
And a light stick only if I'd go to a concert, but again not very likely to happen.

I have so little space now as is, I couldn't fit them anywhere :rip:

Since everything is in storage boxes I don't have any albums out on display in my room (well, other than LOOĪ Ī” which fits on my bookcase). My cupboard is full of the boxes and now I have boxes just stacked on my floor because I have no where else to put them.Ā 

And I've run out of storage boxes, so now I have a giant Amazon box lying on the floor too (also full) and all my Max&Match extras just sitting on top :smh:

I'm gonna need to buy like, a 3 bedroom house and just use one of them as a K-Pop room :flop:Ā 

I kinda want to restart my whole Instagram feed, but I don't want to piss off all the people who follow me (not that there are many)Ā :emma:

Near enough all of the pictures (maybe around 700 of them) were taken in a rush on one single day during the summer. So they're not the best. Plus the pictures I take now I'm not happy with as I'm not very good with lighting and... whatever else goes into photography.

As a Christmas/New Year project I'd like to take pictures of everything again and post maybe 3-5 albums a day. Just going through the storage boxes one by one.Ā Instead of just "here's the front cover" and a few hashtags I'd like to show more of the album - like a couple of pages of the photobook along with having a description of my thoughts on the album etc.Ā 

So I'd like to do some research on photography, maybe buy a new background (so I'm not using my scratched up desk) and start taking pictures.

My main issue is... in what order would I upload pictures? When I did it over the summer I didn't really have any followers, so I just spammed the 125 pictures a day until I was blocked :rip:Ā I uploaded in alphabetical order by artist. However, now I feel it would be best to upload randomly?

For example, say I posted alphabetically and I'd posted up to B. Then in the mail I got a Taeyeon album or whatever. I couldn't post it in order for another 5-6 months if I'm only posting 3-5 times a day. But if I posted it when I got it, then it would be odd to have all the artists that start with B and then a random Taeyeon CD mixed in?

So maybe just random would be for the best? I don't know...

Edited by Taylor

Martijn
13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So maybe just random would be for the best? I don't know...

I think that would be the best option indeed, but I can't imagine how much time this is going to take youĀ :duck:

1 minute ago, Martijn said:

I think that would be the best option indeed, but I can't imagine how much time this is going to take youĀ :duck:

Right? :giveup:Ā 

I think learning about photography will take me about the same time as taking the photos haha... Right now I just um... point my phone at the album and hope for the best :rip:Ā 

But hopefully I can get it to the point where it will take like 20-30mins a day or something. Like, I could take the pictures the day before and write the captions. Post the pics the next morning and take the next batch of pics at night.

And just... do that every day for a half a year :rip:Ā