💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Wow... okay. 

LOOΠΔ has been subtly referencing the Möbius strip for a while now - ODD EYE CIRCLE wore Möbius strip bracelets in the Girl Front MV, their was a sign that mentioned it in the Sweet Crazy Love MV, they mentioned it in their Dazed interview and yesterday the new website displayed that Möbius strip video. 

A Möbius strip is a looped surface with only one side and one boundary - I don’t really understand it but you can Google if interested.

Mobius has a second reference to the psychologist Paul Julius Möbius who discovered Graves’ disease - which can cause eye bulging in a large number of those with the condition. Or in other words, you could say their eyes are ODD.

Next, if you take replace the Greek letters in LOOΠΔ’s name, i.e. the ‘ΠΔ’ or ‘πΎ’ with their modern sound, you get ‘LOOPD’ i.e. ‘looped’ - like the Möbius strip.

Their is either some crazy amount of planning that has gone into LOOΠΔ, or else they got INSANELY lucky on that name conincidence.

-

On a sadder note, it was confirmed that the final sub-unit will consist of Yves and the tbeee still to be revealed members. Which means that YeoJin will be a member of 1/3 after all (since she is the slash). I know that it plays into to concept of YeoJin being lost, but I feel kinda bad for her that she missed around of promotions.

fashion monster

I'm shocked that MONSTA X managed to get their 1st ever win with their worst single (imo) and amidst such strong competition. But YAAAAS... I guess. :woohoo:

Martijn
6 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I'm shocked that MONSTA X managed to get their 1st ever win with their worst single (imo) and amidst such strong competition. But YAAAAS... I guess. :woohoo:

I feel like smaller groups always manage to win on the Show somehow. I wonder if they'll get more wins this week. I expect EXID will also snatch some.
I am very happy for them though, it's well deserved!

fashion monster
37 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I feel like smaller groups always manage to win on the Show somehow. I wonder if they'll get more wins this week. I expect EXID will also snatch some.
I am very happy for them though, it's well deserved!

If there weren't big groups around, they could pull a NU'EST W. But with SuJu, EXID, Twice, Block B and now WannaOne... I doubt they'll get more.

Martijn
3 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

If there weren't big groups around, they could pull a NU'EST W. But with SuJu, EXID, Twice, Block B and now WannaOne... I doubt they'll get more.

Yeah, I think they won because of the voting aspect on the Show.
I totally forgot SuJu, but I only listened to their song once (half of it).
WannaOne's new song was only a pre-release right? It didn't sound like a title track

EDIT: inb4 ''choco co co co co co co colate'' snatched all wins this week :giggle:

Edited by Martijn

Martijn

I just watched ep 2 of MIXNINE (the notorious LOONA episode) and I don't think his commentary was that bad. Obviously if you stan LOONA you don't want to hear a reknown CEO say those things about your faves, but based on their audition I think his comments were fair.
Obviously they were a bit harsh, but in an industry where hundreds of girls work towards the same dream as you you'll be judged precisely. If anything they'll just work even harder now to prove him wrong.

The only thing I'm mad about is that he put a guy on the debut bus for his funny ''food impersonations'' :awkney:

fashion monster
9 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Yeah, I think they won because of the voting aspect on the Show.
I totally forgot SuJu, but I only listened to their song once (half of it).
WannaOne's new song was only a pre-release right? It didn't sound like a title track

EDIT: inb4 ''choco co co co co co co colate'' snatched all wins this week :giggle:

I forgot SVT and Epik High.

I wasn't following WannaOne for this comeback because I had zero expectation, but I'm pretty sure that's the title track. I think I like it, but I only listened to it watching the MV, and I was so involved in the whole plot and Ongniel kinda becoming canon that the song felt like the perfect OST, that maybe that's why.

As for SuJu I never listened to the ballad one, only Black Suit. Somehow I don't care that much.

O-M-G. That song! I finally understand how people felt about Rookie. I was so disappointed when I first listened to it, but have watched the MV so many times after that (because of the kiss scene) that now I'm in love. :saladga:

Martijn
2 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I forgot SVT and Epik High.

I wasn't following WannaOne for this comeback because I had zero expectation, but I'm pretty sure that's the title track. I think I like it, but I only listened to it watching the MV, and I was so involved in the whole plot and Ongniel kinda becoming canon that the song felt like the perfect OST, that maybe that's why.

As for SuJu I never listened to the ballad one, only Black Suit. Somehow I don't care that much.

O-M-G. That song! I finally understand how people felt about Rookie. I was so disappointed when I first listened to it, but have watched the MV so many times after that (because of the kiss scene) that now I'm in love. :saladga:

OMG yeah, those too! I listened to SVT's song once (half of it), seems like that's becoming my thing now. Again, didn't care for it that much. Don't Wanna Cry may have been a total rip-off, but at least it was a bop.

Well, people will buy WannaOne's things whatever they release, so I'm sure it will be a hit anyway.

I liked the verse of Black Suit, but then the chorus ruined it for me. I'm so over these cookie-cutter choruses.

After A Girl Like Me I had high hopes for Chococo. And while I don't despise the song, it definitely isn't my cup of tea (or hot choco in this case).
However, it's been stuck in my head for days! I only watched the MV once and one or two performances, but that was enough apparently. 

fashion monster
3 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I just watched ep 2 of MIXNINE (the notorious LOONA episode) and I don't think his commentary was that bad. Obviously if you stan LOONA you don't want to hear a reknown CEO say those things about your faves, but based on their audition I think his comments were fair.
Obviously they were a bit harsh, but in an industry where hundreds of girls work towards the same dream as you you'll be judged precisely. If anything they'll just work even harder now to prove him wrong.

The only thing I'm mad about is that he put a guy on the debut bus for his funny ''food impersonations'' :awkney:

I still have to watch it but from what I've read it's nothing new. I mean, he has always been like that, those kind of comments were very common in K-Pop Star.

Plus, it's a TV show: some drama is needed. The Unit pulls the emotional card; M9 the evil judge one.

Martijn
Just now, fashion monster said:

I still have to watch it but from what I've read it's nothing new. I mean, he has always been like that, those kind of comments were very common in K-Pop Star.

Plus, it's a TV show: some drama is needed. The Unit pulls the emotional card; M9 the evil judge one.

I love it haha. Also, there's a lot of shady editing in this one where they try to create drama between the members/contestants. Someone's resting face suddenly becomes shady if you zoom in and add music :giggle:

• Like 1

PoshLife
5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Wow... okay. 

LOOΠΔ has been subtly referencing the Möbius strip for a while now - ODD EYE CIRCLE wore Möbius strip bracelets in the Girl Front MV, their was a sign that mentioned it in the Sweet Crazy Love MV, they mentioned it in their Dazed interview and yesterday the new website displayed that Möbius strip video. 

A Möbius strip is a looped surface with only one side and one boundary - I don’t really understand it but you can Google if interested.

Mobius has a second reference to the psychologist Paul Julius Möbius who discovered Graves’ disease - which can cause eye bulging in a large number of those with the condition. Or in other words, you could say their eyes are ODD.

Next, if you take replace the Greek letters in LOOΠΔ’s name, i.e. the ‘ΠΔ’ or ‘πΎ’ with their modern sound, you get ‘LOOPD’ i.e. ‘looped’ - like the Möbius strip.

Their is either some crazy amount of planning that has gone into LOOΠΔ, or else they got INSANELY lucky on that name conincidence.

Whoever discovered all of this...

Hkkwxca.gif

Martijn
2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

She'll be the main vocalist of the whole group, right? i think I read something like that.
I wonder what everyone's positions will be since for their solo songs they all were main vocalists.
Like, who would be the dancer of the girls revealed thus far?