💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn

EXID performed their new song at some concert and I couldn't stop myself.
I won't listen to it again until it's out (or at least i'll try) but it's a BOP!

Spoiler

The chorus is veeeery EXID, but it's fine

PoshLife

The new EXID is alright. Maybe I'll like the studio recording better than the live. I get what you mean about the chorus being very EXID, but I think it's weaker than Up&Down and Ah Yeah.

What's this I'm hearing about one of the girls not being in it? Something about Solji only making a cameo in the MV? What's going on with that? :emma: 

LOOΠΔ's HeeJin, HyunJin and HaSeul's audition for MIXNINE

I'm really sad about this :(

I thought that their audition started off well. They sang along to "Mr. Chu" and danced to Luna's "Free Somebody". I thought both their singing and dancing were good. 

The non-YG judge seemed to like their performance, as did the other contestants on the bus. YG, on the other hand, seemed to have a bit of a grudge against them from the start. 

HeeJin and HyunJin's dancing was also good, but there is no denying that HaSeul's was bad. I was quite surprised at this as she did fine during the group dances to Mr. Chu/Free Somebody. HaSeul's also danced along fine on LOOΠΔ TV in the past. Maybe she was just nervous or didn't practice enough, but her solo dance wasn't good. Or maybe this was freestyle and she just... couldn't put something together on the spot?

HaSeul admitted that she didn't feel comfortable dancing and only scored herself 20/100. I was expecting to hear some constructive criticism, but YG just kinda shot her down. 

I get that it's a TV show and everything might be a bit more dramatic, but he literally laughed in their faces when HaSeul said their CEO planned each to release their own solo album (single). He said there were other contestants who were "better" and "prettier" than them - I'm guessing this is mostly focused on HaSeul as he later complimented HeeJin and HyunJin on their looks. 

I was expecting some form of constructive criticism from him, along the lines of that her dancing definitely needs work. However, he essentially just said that they she were was bad. He also said along the lines of that HaSeul shouldn't have had a solo release (based on her dance score). 

During the audition I'm glad that HaSeul kept strong and didn't just break down and cry. She did near the end at the solo interview setting, but it was more to do with how she hopes she hasn't given LOOΠΔ a bad name. 

It wasn't in the video, but YG also apparently laughed about the group and how they hope to try out different sounds and genres through their different releases... Why is that funny? Coming from someone who's artists releases all sound identical.

-

I was looking forward to the girls appearing on MIXNINE, thinking it would bring more publicity to LOOΠΔ but now I'm not so sure if it'll be for the best. I have faith that HeeJin and HyunJin will do well going forward, but I feel YG could have been a lot more constructive with his "criticism". I mean, he basically said that they were no good compared to the rest of the trainees. 

I hope HaSeul can just shake it off and move forward and not let this bring her down/knock her confidence. From what I've seen of BlockBerry as a company from LOOΠΔ TV they do take good care of all of the members, so hopefully they'll be able to give them all of the support that they need and can train HaSeul a bit more and encourage her with her dancing. 

I feel bad for saying this, but I hope that HeeJin and HyunJin don't make it into the final group. I'd rather they just did their round of promotions, get LOOΠΔ a few more fans within Korea with some more public exposure and then returned to BlockBerry. I don't want YG anywhere near them.

What is the ultimate goal of MIXNINE again? Since the winning contestants will make up a temporary group and this is YG, will they just release a 30 second jingle and then disband? :green: Or maybe he can give them a song and a half during the group's lifetime. :rip:

-

Also... can't help but notice it was raining, haha. The curse of HaSeul.

PopReaper

YG is a total creep anyways, I'd rather not have them be associated with him  :nails:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Martijn

This is not bad, i kinda love it.
This isn't their usual sound/concept at all is it? 

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought they did cute concepts only

Edited by Martijn

PoshLife

Oh wow my iPhone is getting delivered on the 15th. That's ahead of the delivery window.

@Taylor Did the phone come with any kind of screen protector? Or do you have to buy that separately?