Me likey likey likey
dugeundugeundugeun

tumblr_inline_nym2rxNhOc1qgt71j_500.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PoshLife said:

What do the reviews say? Summarize them for me :green:

I got my case today... hooray

Face ID works really well but isn’t perfect. Set-up process is very quick. It works well in low light conditions and in the dark but is less reliable in really bright light. The video showed the guy try to unlock it really far away from his facd so that probably had something to do with it as well (I don’t know how far the range is meant to be, to be honest). 

One guy also said it didn’t work if you had the phone too close to your face, but did work whilst he was wearing sunglasses. He also tried wearing a fake beard which did not recognise him - Apple has stated it adapts to natural beard growth).

The screen is supposed to be stunning - and to be the best between the Pixel 2 (which shows colours to be a lot duller amoung numerous other issues 👀) and the Samsung screens (which many people say are a bit too vivid). 

As for cameras, they’re supposed to be identical to those on the iPhone 8 Plus. I think the only difference is that both cameras have image stabilisation on the X while only one has it on the 8 Plus. 

I think the only other thing they mentioned was that the design was nice, and the backs were super shiny (so will get loads of fingerprints if not in a case). Some found the new gestures (swipe up to go home etc) came naturally whilst others found it was taking them a little longer to get used to. 

PoshLife
3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Face ID works really well but isn’t perfect. Set-up process is very quick. It works well in low light conditions and in the dark but is less reliable in really bright light. The video showed the guy try to unlock it really far away from his facd so that probably had something to do with it as well (I don’t know how far the range is meant to be, to be honest). 

One guy also said it didn’t work if you had the phone too close to your face, but did work whilst he was wearing sunglasses. He also tried wearing a fake beard which did not recognise him - Apple has stated it adapts to natural beard growth).

The screen is supposed to be stunning - and to be the best between the Pixel 2 (which shows colours to be a lot duller amoung numerous other issues 👀) and the Samsung screens (which many people say are a bit too vivid). 

As for cameras, they’re supposed to be identical to those on the iPhone 8 Plus. I think the only difference is that both cameras have image stabilisation on the X while only one has it on the 8 Plus. 

I think the only other thing they mentioned was that the design was nice, and the backs were super shiny (so will get loads of fingerprints if not in a case). Some found the new gestures (swipe up to go home etc) came naturally whilst others found it was taking them a little longer to get used to. 

Awesome. Thank you for reading all of the reviews so I didn't have to :P I'll be curious to see how you like it yourself, since you'll be getting it in just a few days!

I have my silicone case now, but I think I also want one of those adhesive plastic things that goes over the front. I'm less worried about fingerprints (which I can just wipe off occasionally) and more worried about little scratches it might get while I'm taking it out of my bag/pocket, etc.

11 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Awesome. Thank you for reading all of the reviews so I didn't have to :P I'll be curious to see how you like it yourself, since you'll be getting it in just a few days!

I have my silicone case now, but I think I also want one of those adhesive plastic things that goes over the front. I'm less worried about fingerprints (which I can just wipe off occasionally) and more worried about little scratches it might get while I'm taking it out of my bag/pocket, etc.

A screen protector? I’d recommend a glass one  as they’ve saved my screen from smashing a good few times! 

They’re also a lot easier to install than the plastic ones!

I have these ones (and have used the same brand in the past) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075LNBPSM/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1509536468&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=iphone+x+spigen&dpPl=1&dpID=515WDEuGGiL&ref=plSrch - can’t make hyperlink as on mobile. 

I think they also sell Belkin ones in the Apple Store but they’re quite a bit more expensive! 

-

I will definitely let you know! I’m looking forward to getting it, but I think it’ll take a while to get used to the smaller size

Edited by Taylor

All set for the Max&Match fan sign on Saturday 😆

This time I specified which animal I'd like them to draw :emma: I asked Kim Lip to draw an owl (she drew a dog last time), JinSoul to draw a fish (desert fox last time) and Choerry to draw a bat (also drew a dog last time).

I didn't really see the point of asking them a question, as it's not like I'm gonna be able to read the reply :( 

• Love 1

PoshLife

@Taylor My kickball league had a costume contest where voting was "liking" the team's photo on facebook. The top two teams magically got 1,000 likes overnight and someone exposed them as using bots to boost their like count :smh: 

Remind you of a certain emote competition? :lolga: 

22 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

@Taylor My kickball league had a costume contest where voting was "liking" the team's photo on facebook. The top two teams magically got 1,000 likes overnight and someone exposed them as using bots to boost their like count :smh: 

Remind you of a certain emote competition? :lolga: 

teehee.png

Nope.

@PoshLife Oh! I forgot to mention! The iPhone X has a feature (you can turn it off) where it hides notification previews on the lock screen until the phone detects your face.

So instead of showing you all of your email messages, texts etc. it would just show "Messages: 3 notifications" or "Mail: 2 notifications" but once the phone detects your face it'll then show who they are from and the content. 

I really like that to be honest! I don't like people seeing what pops up on my phone (not that there is anything bad lmao.gif) so this seems perfect.

Also - the iPhone X has an exclusive new ringtone :emma:

Martijn

This already is my favorite EXID album.
The title track sounds so strange, but I'm here for it.
It sounds like she sings ''Why don't you sh*t, my baby?'' though :sweat:

• LMAO 1

I typed in my my tracking number for the phone. 

‘As requested, your parcel will be delivered Saturday 4th November’ 

Cue me freaking out because I did not request that. 

I’d typed in the wrong tracking number :rip: 

-

Also it’s my birthday today :emma: One more year until I can sing along to IU’s ‘Twenty Three’ (Producers Version) and mean it :lmao: 

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Also it’s my birthday today :emma: One more year until I can sing along to IU’s ‘Twenty Three’ (Producers Version) and mean it :lmao: 

Happy birthday! :hug:

Martijn
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Thank you! :) 

Is the new iPhone a present for yourself? I remember last year you treated yourself with some k-pop albums on your birthday (like you wouldn't have bought them anyway hehe).
Did you do anything special today? :D

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I love it! This song is so good, Charli Taft always writes bops!
I'm sad Playback didn't perform tho...

Edited by Martijn

1 hour ago, Martijn said:

Is the new iPhone a present for yourself? I remember last year you treated yourself with some k-pop albums on your birthday (like you wouldn't have bought them anyway hehe).
Did you do anything special today? :D

I love it! This song is so good, Charli Taft always writes bops!
I'm sad Playback didn't perform tho...

I'm telling myself the phone is a present for myself, but I'd have gotten it anyways haha
I also ordered 10 extra copies of Max&Match at 3am this morning when Catchop listed them :emma: Can't wait to get those cards :rip: 

Bought myself some new earphones this morning, they should be here tomorrow (with 3 years of accidental damage and insurance cover :sweat:) They're the same ones I already have, but hopefully without a crushed remote control :emma: 

I went out for lunch with my mum's side of the family and then went out for dinner with my dad (and my little brother tagged along too!). I ate so much :fat: 

On Saturday I'm doing down to Newcastle for the day with my Dad and his girlfriend - just to do a bit of shopping and go out for lunch. I gave my Dad a gift voucher for a really nice restaurant for Father's Day, so we'll be using that on Saturday!

Then Sunday is my Dad's birthday, so we're going to visit his family and stuff :)