Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
2 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I hope this is their turn at worshipping Satan in good SM style evil.png

It looks like everyone is coming back these days. December will be so boring... It would be perfect for a BP comeback, possibly not produced by Teddy. I'm traumatised by that MixNine song.

Their Lucifer is coming! evil.png (it will probably just be a wintery ballad tho)

They could come back in december, but based on what Jennie said in a v live recently I doubt it.
My guesses are SHINee (or Jonghyun solo), WINNER, KARD, EXO and an NCT unit. Luna said she'd come back too, but idk if SM will be that nice. Wasn't Yuri going to have a solo too? I'm also hoping for a CLC comeback, but I think that will be in January.

I kinda liked Just Dance, but the production seemed empty for some reason. The song isn't anything special though.

fashion monster
17 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Their Lucifer is coming! evil.png (it will probably just be a wintery ballad tho)

They could come back in december, but based on what Jennie said in a v live recently I doubt it.
My guesses are SHINee (or Jonghyun solo), WINNER, KARD, EXO and an NCT unit. Luna said she'd come back too, but idk if SM will be that nice. Wasn't Yuri going to have a solo too? I'm also hoping for a CLC comeback, but I think that will be in January.

I kinda liked Just Dance, but the production seemed empty for some reason. The song isn't anything special though.

You're trying not to get hyped, but deep down you wish RV gives us that big bop 2017 is still missing.

WINNER again?? What about iKON, ONE, CL? I'm done with YG.:grr:

Martijn
11 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

You're trying not to get hyped, but deep down you wish RV gives us that big bop 2017 is still missing.

WINNER again?? What about iKON, ONE, CL? I'm done with YG.:grr:

I think Red Flavor already is one of the contenders for Song of the Year, along with Really Really, DNA and KoKoBop. The latter two will do really well with online votes, but I think the jury will be more likely to go with the first two.
I think it'll be another Automatic/One of these Nights type of song, which I wouldn't mind either tbh. 

Oh I also forgot Hyuna, she basically confimed that she's planning to come back before the end of the year. Maybe just a digital single to promote on the Unit. For that same reason CL should have a comeback as well, but idk man.
Maybe not WINNER indeed, but there were only 4 months between Really Really and Love Me Love Me too. 

Edited by Martijn

fashion monster
8 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I think Red Flavor already is one of the contenders for Song of the Year, along with Really Really, DNA and KoKoBop.

I think I like Gugudan's A Girl Like Me more than all of those combined :emma:

Martijn
8 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I think I like Gugudan's A Girl Like Me more than all of those combined :emma:

I'm fine with BTS or EXO winning artist and album of the year, but both title tracks aren't worthy of song of the year imo.
I do like Red Flavor and Really Really a lot though.
A Girl Like Me is a bop indeed, but Korea don't curr.

EDIT: Eclipse should've been nominated tbh

Edited by Martijn

Martijn
4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So as we are getting close to the end of the year, what is everyones favourite song of 2017 so far?

EXO - Boomerang
Brave Girls - Rollin'
Kim Lip - Eclipse
CLC - Hobgoblin
Hyuna - Babe

One of those 5 I think
Not the most exciting year imo

Edited by Martijn

Just now, Martijn said:

EXO - Boomerang
Brave Girls - Rollin'
Kim Lip - Eclipse
CLC - Hobgoblin
Hyuna - Babe

One of those 5 I think

Mine is definitely Singing in the Rain legend.gif

I plan on doing another one of those things I did last year (no idea what they're called :rip:) that has my favourites per month then quarter and then half of the year and overall winner.

I believe my favourite last year was WJSN's "Secret" with Lee Hi's "World Tour" in 2nd place!

I'm gonna go see if I can find last years tbh :emma: 

fashion monster

I don't know if I'm able to choose just one song I like. Probably not even a Top10. I'm so bad at this. I'll probably just rank artists/groups this year and try do something better next year.

PopReaper
3 hours ago, Taylor said:

So as we are getting close to the end of the year, what is everyones favourite song of 2017 so far?

In no specific order:

JinSoul - Singing In The Rain

TaeYeon - Time Lapse

TaeMin - Heart Stop (feat. Seulgi)

Red Velvet - Body Talk

NCT 127 - Limitless 

:sis:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
4 hours ago, Taylor said:

KPOP: KARD's "Don't Recall" or Melody Day's "Mix & Match" (honorable mention is Taeyeon's "Fire")

JPOP: Perfume's "Tokyo Girl"

but literally the song I've listened to most this year is RaNia's "Demonstrate." I listen to it more than once a day haha

PopReaper

171022_docomo_FE_B0-10.jpg

a teaser for Perfume's collaboration with a mobile phone operator, docomo

i wish they'd do an entire era with that dark-ish look :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"