Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

BLACKPINK to end promotions and prepare for comeback. 

BLACKPINK promotions "lasted longer than expected"

They had, what, three live performances? :awkney: 

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

BLACKPINK to end promotions and prepare for comeback. 

BLACKPINK promotions "lasted longer than expected"

They had, what, three live performances? :awkney: 

They kept promoting the songs because they stayed in the top 3... Maybe it was only meant to be for 1 or two weeks?
Still, not a lot of performances, but I actually like it that way now. It keeps the performances special and I genuinely look forward to them every week. Seeing the same performance for over three weeks (on at least 4 shows every week) isn't very entertaining anymore towards the end.
For Why So Lonely I watched every performance just to see what they were wearing and if there were some special moments, but most of them I haven't seen since.

___

CL performed 'I Am The Best' on a fashion show last week and I kinda liked hearing her do the others' parts.. Are there similar videos of artists ''covering'' the songs of their group on their own? Sub-units are fine too...

YCHofficial
21 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

They kept promoting the songs because they stayed in the top 3... Maybe it was only meant to be for 1 or two weeks?
Still, not a lot of performances, but I actually like it that way now. It keeps the performances special and I genuinely look forward to them every week. Seeing the same performance for over three weeks (on at least 4 shows every week) isn't very entertaining anymore towards the end.
For Why So Lonely I watched every performance just to see what they were wearing and if there were some special moments, but most of them I haven't seen since.

___

CL performed 'I Am The Best' on a fashion show last week and I kinda liked hearing her do the others' parts.. Are there similar videos of artists ''covering'' the songs of their group on their own? Sub-units are fine too...

I saw a video of CL performing come back home..

lemme find it

PoshLife

Red Velvet isn't just some group

theyre some group that has the backing of the biggest company in Korea so they get to keep coming back when other groups of similar quality would have disbanded by now 

(I'm bored and feeling shady on the train :emma: )

Martijn
5 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

I saw a video of CL performing come back home..

lemme find it

Wow, I'm impressed with her vocals... I obviously knew she could sing, but her vocals are so powerful here

2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Red Velvet isn't just some group

theyre some group that has the backing of the biggest company in Korea so they get to keep coming back when other groups of similar quality would have disbanded by now 

(I'm bored and feeling shady on the train :emma: )

I must agree... Their songs are good, but the girls lack the ''X-factor'' (maybe with the exception of Wendy). The others don't stand out to me at all.
I have some of their songs on Spotify, but I never watch their live performances or music videos...

PoshLife

omg check out this amazing thing that Nocchi said about Star Train leading into Cosmic Explorer:

NOCCHi: Last year, we recorded a song called “Star Train,” which was an anniversary song. But it was also like a push in our backs to go forward, like there were no tracks in front of us. Well, I thought, if there aren’t any tracks in front of us, we just went to space with this song. It was a big jump. I want to keep evolving and embracing new challenges.

They went to space :giveup: Then the next album was called Cosmic Explorer :giveup:

(they didn't name the album until after they'd finished recording all the songs, so it was like a serendipitous moment in the new album's development)

PoshLife

This is a reminder to look up live stagings of "Cling Cling" since it was LIT AF at the concert but the studio recording is super boring

Martijn
12 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Just gimme gimme gimme sum love sum

Just gimme gimme gimme some luv more

This is gooooooold!!!!:music:

3o6MbaPAJtc8cDt088.gif

Wow, that's much better!
I don't really think it fits their voices, but the song is good!

fashion monster
1 minute ago, MartijnMonster said:

Wow, that's much better!
I don't really think it fits their voices, but the song is good!

I think it's the only song from Russian Roulette that's entering my playlist for the moment. 

Well, maybe RR too. I don't mind it. Even if I didn't like the song at first, the "heart b-b-b-beat" is already sticking to my mind.

Martijn
6 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I think it's the only song from Russian Roulette that's entering my playlist for the moment. 

Well, maybe RR too. I don't mind it. Even if I didn't like the song at first, the "heart b-b-b-beat" is already sticking to my mind.

Maybe the live performances of RR will change my mind but for now it's a 'No' from me

tumblr_inline_mhzrkq12Mc1qz4rgp.gif

Spoiler

At least there's SHINee to look forward to :excited2:

Edited by MartijnMonster

PoshLife

@Taylor Checkers is one of the GGDers pretending to be a soccer mom to promote Perfect Illusion (I have no explanation for this), and since I follow him on twitter when I saw these stupid tweets from some random woman I was SO confused like 'who is this crazy lady and why am I following her??" When I finally realized what was going on I sent him a DM I think you'll recognize:

UNTcSKh.png

:toofunny: