other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
1 hour ago, YCHofficial said:

Brave Girls are back soon 

Brave-Girls_1472571224_CrHalP_UsAEvDs6.j

Reminds me of Oh My Girl's latest release...

13714146_555611201289675_212973355_n.jpg

But it's just very basic I guess :toofunny:

Edited by MartijnMonster

fashion monster

Hi guys and girls (is there any girl among us btw?!)

Sorry for been away for so long. I haven’t abandoned kpop and you all, I was just in vacation and had literally no time to read and write on this thread. I just checked GGD everyday to see if there were news about LG5. I hate using the mobile version though.

Anyway, for the whole time I kept up with k-pop and I’m SO HAPPY about everything that happened during this month and a half.

I remember when back in June/July we were talking about how little were gonna happen in August do to the Olympic Games as it’s a terrible period for sales and promotion, and then August arrives and I find myself liking almost every song that was released. To me, personally, it’s THE BEST month in kpop since I started to listen to it. I’m waiting for MAMAMOO now.

Quick recap about how I feel towards August releases:

(It ended up being too long, but i’ll put it in spoiler if anyone is interested)

My favorite songs are sang by CL, Hyuna, BLACKPINK, 24K, EXO, MONSTA X, Y TEEN, B.A.P, J-Min, Beat Burger, Badkiz, Laboum, Yuri & Seohyun, Ailee, Triple T and I.O.I in no particular order.

Spoiler

_ Hyuna - How’s This? - Liked the song after a couple listenings , thought the video could be better, loved A’wesome that is for me her best album yet. At this time I really love the single, it reminds me of the clubs/parties I went while in Sardinia.

_ Oh My Girl - A-ing - it’s not what I usually listen to but it was ok I think (even tho I completly forgot about them and wouldn’t remember they released smth if I hadn’t checked my chronology). 

_ INX - Alright - liked it but not to the point of listen to it more than twice.

_ Basick - Nice - don’t know this guy, only listened to it cause it’s featured Hwasa. Nothing interesting.

_ A-Daily - Chu - don’t ask me why or how but I enjoyed this and something happened that day that now I’m able to appreciate cute and childish concepts sometimes.

_ 9 Muses A - Lip 2 Lip - don’t know my feelings towards this song. Let’s say that I don’t mind listening to it but I also don’t listen to it on purpose. Liked the video. They doing aegyo makes my heart grow big. (I’m pretty sure this have smth to do with me watching kdramas)

_ Girls’ Generation - Sailing - isn’t this a song dedicated to the fans? Hope they liked it. I didn’t.

_ UP10TION - Tonight - the same as Lip 2 Lip. My girl played it during a 70s themed party (don’t ask me why) and I was surprised to see the GP liking it (they didn’t know it was kpop tho).

_ MONSTA X - Stuck - a gift for the fans and I really appreciated it. Was a bit disapointed by the video because I was expecting a continuation to All In. But the guys are sexy and only God knows how big of a crush I have for Shownu so…

_ Y TEEN - Do Better - This is the second time I see a boy group and a girl group collab (the first was 2ne1 and BIGBANG’s Lollipop) and I liked it a lot.

_ BLACKPINK - BOOMBAYAH and Whistle - I’m slayed. I was waiting for their debut so much excited I was afraid I was gonna be disappointed because I didn’t want my girls to release smth I would dislike. And let me tell you this is better than what I was expecting. First listened to Whistle but wasn’t convinced by the song. Loved the video. The song has grown a lot in me tho. BOOMBAYAH on the other hand is all I could ask for. BP visuals are incredible. Jennie at the moment is IMO the most beautiful girl in kpop. I like everything about her. I don’t think I can choose a bias as I love them all but If I had to I’d say Lisa (love her smile, she reminds me so much of my ex gf… :() but then Jennie would be clearly the bias wrecker, all because of her attitude and beauty. Rosé and Jisoo and pretty too and have lovely voices. In my eyes they are sexy without being whorish (I love whores tho!). I don’t care if they subistituted 2ne1 or are similar to them as long as I like their music. I don’t know how I feel about a 2ne1 comeback without Minzy. Of course I would like it but then I would be sad because I really LOVE them and seeing one of them missing would be terrible while if 4minutes was in a similar situation I would be totaly fine (even if they were another group I really loved). Anyway, read that someone thought they were flop… I’m glad they proved them  wrong.

_ B.A.P. - That’s My Jam - it really is my jam!

_ Jun. K - Think About You - I don’t listen to it often but it is better while having sex.

_ J-Min - Ready For Your Love - a beautiful underrated song. Has someone listened to it?

_ I.O.I - Whatta Man - love this one too. The chorus reminds me terribly of another song but i’ve never been able to understand what song it is. As for Hand In Hand I think I don’t like it. The beat is ok but I don’t like the singing.

_ VIXX - Fantasy - the chorus is good, overall it is not one of my favourite. Never understood the video.

_ 24K - Still 24K - I didn’t knew 24k before this. Loved it from the beginning. Great MV storyline, hope we’ll get a sequel.

_ Beat Burger - Vagabond - I’m still shoked but I like this a lot. It’s a weird song. I think I needed smth dark as this.

_ Agust D (Suga) - Agust D - I never paid much attention to him with BTS. I was really surprised by the song, and think the mixtape is very good if you like the genre.

_ Cosmic Girls - Secret -  this is a song I’d probably hate a month ago. It’s nothing new but it was enough for me. I guess the video helped a lot. 

_ BADKIZ - HOTHAE - the type of girl group concept I love. Thumbs Up! I didn’t knew they existed. They are a bit messy and I think you all hate them but I was very entertained by their singles. They are perfect to work out.

_ EXO - Lotto - one of my favorite boy group is back but the amount of auto-tune on this track is criminal, EXO don’t need it. It’s addicteve tho. I listened to it once that I was bopped and now I’m a bit addicted. @MartijnMonster Have you ever read or watched theories about EXO’s MVs? I like the fact that almost all of them are connected.

_ Yuri & Seohyun - Secret - WOW, really impressed. I wasn’t expecting this, was waiting another balad. I think I enjoy SNSD more as solos or duos than as a group. The hair flips in the video got me crazy. This song reminds of the Beat Burger’s one that I also like.

_ LABOUM - Shooting Love - I don’t recognize myself anymore. I loved this.

_ I.B.I - Molae Molae - Nah… But I’m sure i’d like it if forced to listen to it.

_ Hanhae - Eyescream - one of the few chill songs i like at the moment.

_ MASC - Strange - I can live without it.

_ Tymee - Cinderella - This girl has a weird voice and in the video the seemed more batsh*t crazy than sexy. That’s why I liked it.

_ Nell - Dream Catcher - very weak.

_ Romeo - Treasure - the song is not bad at the point of getting a music video that is basically the bts of Miro’s MV. I didn’t get the comercial strategy behind this choice. Dreadful!

_ BAMBINO - Moonlight Shower - there’s nothing innovative, simply another summer bop. If there weren’t so many like this right now I would say it’s great.

_ Ailee - If You - I’m using this as my alarm ringtone. It’s very very good.

_ Jimin Park - Try - another good balad.

_ Two X - Over - another positive surprise. Not excelent but sufficient. Got mesmerized by the muscular guy on the video.

_ Urban Zakapa - Thursday Night - I listened to this one yesterday. I like it but it makes me sad because even if I spent a month by the beach this summer I already miss it. And Monday I’m going back to uni.

_ Triple T - Born To Be Wild - Not a fan at the beginning. Definitely a grower. I started to appreciate HyoYeon while whatching Hit The Stage, I like her personality. I love the fact that two labels are collaborating. I think it’s smth impossible between SM and YG.

_ SPICA - Secret Time - hope it grows with time. I’m not a big fan at the moment. 

_ NCT Dream - Chewing Gum - Can we please never see this unit again until all the members are full grown men? The “chew-chew-chew-chew-chewing gum” part is stuck in my mind and there’s nothing good about this fact. Someone please bring NCT-U back.

_ Nu’est - Love Paint - I’m not a fan of this group. Don’t have a strong opinion about the song yet.

_ CL - Lifted - Not what I was expecting. Probably my favourite song of the month. Gosh she’s HAWT!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

Hi guys and girls (is there any girl among us btw?!)

Sorry for been away for so long. I haven’t abandoned kpop and you all, I was just in vacation and had literally no time to read and write on this thread. I just checked GGD everyday to see if there were news about LG5. I hate using the mobile version though.

Anyway, for the whole time I kept up with k-pop and I’m SO HAPPY about everything that happened during this month and a half.

I remember when back in June/July we were talking about how little were gonna happen in August do to the Olympic Games as it’s a terrible period for sales and promotion, and then August arrives and I find myself liking almost every song that was released. To me, personally, it’s THE BEST month in kpop since I started to listen to it. I’m waiting for MAMAMOO now.

Quick recap about how I feel towards August releases:

(It ended up being too long, but i’ll put it in spoiler if anyone is interested)

My favorite songs are sang by CL, Hyuna, BLACKPINK, 24K, EXO, MONSTA X, Y TEEN, B.A.P, J-Min, Beat Burger, Badkiz, Laboum, Yuri & Seohyun, Ailee, Triple T and I.O.I in no particular order.

Reveal hidden contents

_ Hyuna - How’s This? - Liked the song after a couple listenings , thought the video could be better, loved A’wesome that is for me her best album yet. At this time I really love the single, it reminds me of the clubs/parties I went while in Sardinia.

_ Oh My Girl - A-ing - it’s not what I usually listen to but it was ok I think (even tho I completly forgot about them and wouldn’t remember they released smth if I hadn’t checked my chronology). 

_ INX - Alright - liked it but not to the point of listen to it more than twice.

_ Basick - Nice - don’t know this guy, only listened to it cause it’s featured Hwasa. Nothing interesting.

_ A-Daily - Chu - don’t ask me why or how but I enjoyed this and something happened that day that now I’m able to appreciate cute and childish concepts sometimes.

_ 9 Muses A - Lip 2 Lip - don’t know my feelings towards this song. Let’s say that I don’t mind listening to it but I also don’t listen to it on purpose. Liked the video. They doing aegyo makes my heart grow big. (I’m pretty sure this have smth to do with me watching kdramas)

_ Girls’ Generation - Sailing - isn’t this a song dedicated to the fans? Hope they liked it. I didn’t.

_ UP10TION - Tonight - the same as Lip 2 Lip. My girl played it during a 70s themed party (don’t ask me why) and I was surprised to see the GP liking it (they didn’t know it was kpop tho).

_ MONSTA X - Stuck - a gift for the fans and I really appreciated it. Was a bit disapointed by the video because I was expecting a continuation to All In. But the guys are sexy and only God knows how big of a crush I have for Shownu so…

_ Y TEEN - Do Better - This is the second time I see a boy group and a girl group collab (the first was 2ne1 and BIGBANG’s Lollipop) and I liked it a lot.

_ BLACKPINK - BOOMBAYAH and Whistle - I’m slayed. I was waiting for their debut so much excited I was afraid I was gonna be disappointed because I didn’t want my girls to release smth I would dislike. And let me tell you this is better than what I was expecting. First listened to Whistle but wasn’t convinced by the song. Loved the video. The song has grown a lot in me tho. BOOMBAYAH on the other hand is all I could ask for. BP visuals are incredible. Jennie at the moment is IMO the most beautiful girl in kpop. I like everything about her. I don’t think I can choose a bias as I love them all but If I had to I’d say Lisa (love her smile, she reminds me so much of my ex gf… :() but then Jennie would be clearly the bias wrecker, all because of her attitude and beauty. Rosé and Jisoo and pretty too and have lovely voices. In my eyes they are sexy without being whorish (I love whores tho!). I don’t care if they subistituted 2ne1 or are similar to them as long as I like their music. I don’t know how I feel about a 2ne1 comeback without Minzy. Of course I would like it but then I would be sad because I really LOVE them and seeing one of them missing would be terrible while if 4minutes was in a similar situation I would be totaly fine (even if they were another group I really loved). Anyway, read that someone thought they were flop… I’m glad they proved them  wrong.

_ B.A.P. - That’s My Jam - it really is my jam!

_ Jun. K - Think About You - I don’t listen to it often but it is better while having sex.

_ J-Min - Ready For Your Love - a beautiful underrated song. Has someone listened to it?

_ I.O.I - Whatta Man - love this one too. The chorus reminds me terribly of another song but i’ve never been able to understand what song it is. As for Hand In Hand I think I don’t like it. The beat is ok but I don’t like the singing.

_ VIXX - Fantasy - the chorus is good, overall it is not one of my favourite. Never understood the video.

_ 24K - Still 24K - I didn’t knew 24k before this. Loved it from the beginning. Great MV storyline, hope we’ll get a sequel.

_ Beat Burger - Vagabond - I’m still shoked but I like this a lot. It’s a weird song. I think I needed smth dark as this.

_ Agust D (Suga) - Agust D - I never paid much attention to him with BTS. I was really surprised by the song, and think the mixtape is very good if you like the genre.

_ Cosmic Girls - Secret -  this is a song I’d probably hate a month ago. It’s nothing new but it was enough for me. I guess the video helped a lot. 

_ BADKIZ - HOTHAE - the type of girl group concept I love. Thumbs Up! I didn’t knew they existed. They are a bit messy and I think you all hate them but I was very entertained by their singles. They are perfect to work out.

_ EXO - Lotto - one of my favorite boy group is back but the amount of auto-tune on this track is criminal, EXO don’t need it. It’s addicteve tho. I listened to it once that I was bopped and now I’m a bit addicted. @MartijnMonster Have you ever read or watched theories about EXO’s MVs? I like the fact that almost all of them are connected.

_ Yuri & Seohyun - Secret - WOW, really impressed. I wasn’t expecting this, was waiting another balad. I think I enjoy SNSD more as solos or duos than as a group. The hair flips in the video got me crazy. This song reminds of the Beat Burger’s one that I also like.

_ LABOUM - Shooting Love - I don’t recognize myself anymore. I loved this.

_ I.B.I - Molae Molae - Nah… But I’m sure i’d like it if forced to listen to it.

_ Hanhae - Eyescream - one of the few chill songs i like at the moment.

_ MASC - Strange - I can live without it.

_ Tymee - Cinderella - This girl has a weird voice and in the video the seemed more batsh*t crazy than sexy. That’s why I liked it.

_ Nell - Dream Catcher - very weak.

_ Romeo - Treasure - the song is not bad at the point of getting a music video that is basically the bts of Miro’s MV. I didn’t get the comercial strategy behind this choice. Dreadful!

_ BAMBINO - Moonlight Shower - there’s nothing innovative, simply another summer bop. If there weren’t so many like this right now I would say it’s great.

_ Ailee - If You - I’m using this as my alarm ringtone. It’s very very good.

_ Jimin Park - Try - another good balad.

_ Two X - Over - another positive surprise. Not excelent but sufficient. Got mesmerized by the muscular guy on the video.

_ Urban Zakapa - Thursday Night - I listened to this one yesterday. I like it but it makes me sad because even if I spent a month by the beach this summer I already miss it. And Monday I’m going back to uni.

_ Triple T - Born To Be Wild - Not a fan at the beginning. Definitely a grower. I started to appreciate HyoYeon while whatching Hit The Stage, I like her personality. I love the fact that two labels are collaborating. I think it’s smth impossible between SM and YG.

_ SPICA - Secret Time - hope it grows with time. I’m not a big fan at the moment. 

_ NCT Dream - Chewing Gum - Can we please never see this unit again until all the members are full grown men? The “chew-chew-chew-chew-chewing gum” part is stuck in my mind and there’s nothing good about this fact. Someone please bring NCT-U back.

_ Nu’est - Love Paint - I’m not a fan of this group. Don’t have a strong opinion about the song yet.

_ CL - Lifted - Not what I was expecting. Probably my favourite song of the month. Gosh she’s HAWT!

Yes, I'm a girl:emma:

Edited by Viola
Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain
  • Like 1

Martijn
6 hours ago, fashion monster said:

Hey! Welcome back :D

I didn't read everything, only the songs I listened to myself :sweat:
- About Whatta Man, you're right. The chorus is familiar. The song is a remake of Whatta Man by Salt 'N' Pepa.
- I'm glad you loved BLACKPINKs releases too! With just these two songs they're already climbing to #3 on my female bias group list. 
- I never really looked up MV theories for EXO (or any K-pop artist). It's very interesting, but I just never took the time to look 'em up :laughga:

One of my favorite August releases is Taemin's Goodbye (the Korean version of his song Sayonara Hitori)... Can't wait for SHINee's comeback next month :excited2:
Do you know anything about a Mamamoo comeback, btw? I know they're doing sub-units, but I'm not sure if I've seen anything about a group comeback...

Martijn

Mmmmh... I'm not sure if I like it.
'Angel' is beautiful, but it sounds like every K-pop ballad I've heard.
And 'Dab Dab' is fun, but not catchy or memorable... At least it didn't involve dabbing :awkney:

Maybe these aren't singles after all. I hope they'll just be album tracks for their next release...

fashion monster
3 hours ago, MartijnMonster said:

One of my favorite August releases is Taemin's Goodbye (the Korean version of his song Sayonara Hitori)... Can't wait for SHINee's comeback next month :excited2:

I didn't include Taemin because I was still here when it was released. I prefer the Japanese version though, maybe because I had already listened to it 1000 times when the Korean version came out. It'll definitely be in my year-end k-pop list.

3 hours ago, MartijnMonster said:

Mmmmh... I'm not sure if I like it.
'Angel' is beautiful, but it sounds like every K-pop ballad I've heard.
And 'Dab Dab' is fun, but not catchy or memorable... At least it didn't involve dabbing :awkney:

Maybe these aren't singles after all. I hope they'll just be album tracks for their next release...

I'm disappointed by these singles. "Dab Dab" lacks in excitement and "Angel" would work greatly as an OST, it wasn't needed as a single. Sadly this is all we'll get this time around: digital singles. I hope they are not doing a Christmas album next...kill.gif

• Like 1

Martijn
9 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

I didn't include Taemin because I was still here when it was released. I prefer the Japanese version though, maybe because I had already listened to it 1000 times when the Korean version came out. It'll definitely be in my year-end k-pop list.

I'm disappointed by these singles. "Dab Dab" lacks in excitement and "Angel" would work greatly as an OST, it wasn't needed as a single. Sadly this is all we'll get this time around: digital singles. I hope they are not doing a Christmas album next...kill.gif

Yeah, I kinda listen to both versions. I have the Japanese version on Spotify, but when I watch live performances they're in Korean...

I'd be here for a Christmas single that would sound like Girls' Generation-TTS's Dear Santa, but I hope it's not a full album. But tbh, I don't really listen to Mamamoo album tracks that much anyway...