QFVaeUb.jpg

5OJOQk3.jpg

8Weirxs.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

3/4 now :rip: 

Thank you for supporting Melody Day

10 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Thank you for supporting Melody Day

I was gonna get their first 2 singles as well, but they were out of stock on the store I use :emma:
So they'll need to wait until I place an order on a different store :laughga: 

PoshLife
Just now, Taylor said:

I was gonna get their first 2 singles as well, but they were out of stock on the store I use :emma:
So they'll need to wait until I place an order on a different store :laughga: 

Some of their OST's are good as well. They did, like, 20 OSTs before debuting as an actual idol group.

This one's my favorite:

6 minutes ago, BurqaSwg said:

what are y'all thoughts on Tiffany's scandal?

The thing about the flag or something?

I seen it in Reddit, but I didn't click on it :emma: 

Lemme go see what happened...

BurqaSwg
Just now, PoshLife said:

???

in summary, she posted on SNS a picture with the Rising Sun flag ON Korea's Liberation Day which caused a HUGE MESS in Korea. 

Martijn

It wouldn't have caused a mess if it was on a different day. She was in Japan and let her (Japanese) fans know where she was. No big deal.
Also, it was very early on the 15th, before 1AM or something, so she probably didn't even know it was the next day already.
It's just another reminder why I could never live in Korea. The scandals are never juicy :classy:

Edited by MartijnMonster

BurqaSwg
5 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

It wouldn't have caused a mess if it was on a different day. She was in Japan and let her (Japanese) fans know where she was. No big deal.
Also, it was very early on the 15th, before 1AM or something, so she probably didn't even know it was the next day already.
It's just another reminder why I could never live in Korea. The scandals are never juicy :classy:

well its a pretty sensitive subject still in Korea, plus its not like it was the Japanese flag, its was the Rising Sun flag which its not something you want to put on a picture on a national day of a country who suffered a lot during that era.

Martijn
Just now, BurqaSwg said:

well its a pretty sensitive subject still in Korea, plus its not like it was the Japanese flag, its was the Rising Sun flag which its not something you want to put on a picture on a national day of a country who suffered a lot during that era.

Oh, I only saw this:

Tiffany_1471229572_201608151110065567_d.

Okay, but that changes it a lot indeed. I still think the Netizens overreacted and should understand that Tiffany's just a human being who also makes mistakes, but it's definitely more understandable now.
It would be the same as posting a nazi flag on memorial day, right? The difference is that there isn't a nazi filter on snapchat and apparently there is one for the rising sun flag...

PoshLife
17 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

No, this isn't right. Other idols have gotten in trouble for wearing the Rising Sun. The fact that it was on a national holiday just made it particularly egregious. 

I have Japanese friends and they don't feel any loyalty towards that iconography (I asked them about it the last time this was a story), so it's beyond me as to why KPop idols keep finding themselves with it.

Martijn
Just now, PoshLife said:

No, this isn't right. Other idols have gotten in trouble for wearing the Rising Sun. The fact that it was on a national holiday just made it particularly egregious. 

I have Japanese friends and they don't feel any loyalty towards that iconography (I asked them about it the last time this was a story), so it's beyond me as to why KPop idols keep finding themselves with it.

I only saw the image I posted in my response above yours. But yeah, I totally understand why it's a scandal now.

BurqaSwg
2 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Oh, I only saw this:

Tiffany_1471229572_201608151110065567_d.

Okay, but that changes it a lot indeed. I still think the Netizens overreacted and should understand that Tiffany's just a human being who also makes mistakes, but it's definitely more understandable now.
It would be the same as posting a nazi flag on memorial day, right? The difference is that there isn't a nazi filter on snapchat and apparently there is one for the rising sun flag...

there's also the fact that her apology (in korean more) it sounded "forced" and not like she really took time to addressed correctly the situation. For being korean, it did left a bad taste in my mouth

exactly, i was like "really snapchat? a rising sun flag filter.."