other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

PoshLife
52 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I have my Uni graduation this time next year fat.png

You can graduate without being there, and I really want to skip it :laughga:
My mum probably wouldn't let me, so maybe I'll just fake sickness on the day :rip: 

I skipped my undergrad graduation lol. It was going to be really hot out and I kinda hated everyone at school so I just didn't go. Even though my family had come down for it we just didn't do it and instead went sightseeing and stuff :rip: 

PoshLife

Produce 101 confuses me

So they're all in a group together now, IOI... but will also be in their own groups?

Or was "Dream Girls" just a one-time thing?

@YCHofficial Please advise

Edited by PoshLife

YCHofficial
17 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Produce 101 confuses me

So they're all in a gruop together now, IOI... but will also be in their own groups?

Or was "Dream Girls" just a one-time thing?

@YCHofficial Please advise

IOI is a temporary group. 

They will promote for a year. 

After a year the group will disband and all members will return to their own companies. 

You might call it a hiatus since they promised theyd reunite in 5 years. 

But even during this year the members might also be put in a group under their original company.

The promotions for Dream Girls are done for now. 

Up next is an IOI sub unit 

The girl's that aren't in the sub unit:

- Mina & Sejeong: They're not in the sub unit but recently debuted as a member of Gugudan under their own company Jellyfish Entertainment 

- Yeunjung: For some odd reason will not be in the sub unit, so she went back to her company Starship Entertainment for random training. 

- Chaeyeon: Even before Produce 101 she was already part of girlgroup DIA, and that group made a comeback recently

The remaining members are:

- Somi (JYP Entertainment) 
- Sohye (S&P Entertainment)
- Nayoung (Pledis Entertainment)
- Pinky (Pledis Entertainment)
- Doyeon (Fantagio Entertainment)
- Yoojung (Fantagio Entertainment)
- Chungha (M&H Entertainment)

--- Future for these ^ girls

Somi: 
Personally I think it would be great if JYP adds Somi to Twice. But probably not.
He has said tho there will be a new girlgroup probably next year. Pretty sure Somi will be in that one

Sohye:
She recently left her acting company RedLine Entertainment and began her own company S&P Entertainment. I dunno what life after IOI will be for her

Nayoung & Pinky:
They're already part of Pledis Girlz. It's just the question when the group will debut. 

Doyeon & Yoojung
Part of Fantagio (Hello Venus). They and 3 other Fantagio trainees competed on produce 101. High chance those 5 might form a girlgroup after IOI is done

-Chungha
No information whatsoever bout her future

Edited by YCHofficial

PoshLife
2 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

IOI is a temporary group. 

They will promote for a year. 

After a year the group will disband and all members will return to their own companies. 

You might call it a hiatus since they promised theyd reunite in 5 years. 

But even during this year the members might also be put in a group under their original company.

The promotions for Dream Girls are done for now. 

Up next is an IOI sub unit 

The girl's that aren't in the sub unit:

- Mina & Sejeong: They're not in the sub unit but recently debuted as a member of Gugudan under their own company Jellyfish Entertainment 

- Yeunjung: For some odd reason will not be in the sub unit, so she went back to her company Starship Entertainment for random training. 

- Chaeyeon: Even before Produce 101 she was already part of girlgroup DIA, and that group made a comeback recently

The remaining members are:

- Somi (JYP Entertainment) 
- Sohye (S&P Entertainment)
- Nayoung (Pledis Entertainment)
- Pinky (Pledis Entertainment)
- Doyeon (Fantagio Entertainment)
- Yoojung (Fantagio Entertainment)
- Chungha (M&H Entertainment)

--- Future for these ^ girls

Somi: 
Personally I think it would be great if JYP adds Somi to Twice. But probably not.
He has said tho there will be a new girlgroup probably next year. Pretty sure Somi will be in that one

Sohye:
She recently left her acting company RedLine Entertainment and began her own company S&P Entertainment. I dunno what life after IOI will be for he

Nayoung & Pinky:
They're already part of Pledis Girlz. It's just the question when the group will debut. 

Doyeon & Yoojung
Part of Fantagio (Hello Venus). They and 3 other Fantagio trainees competed on produce 101. High chance those 5 might form a girlgroup after IOI is done

-Chungha
No information whatsoever bout her future

Ohhhh, thanks for the rundown! I hadn't realized IOI was supposed to be temporary.

Seems like a lot of work to put in just to have the group for one year :emma:

Also I like how the "subunit" is "everyone who isn't busy with other things"

fashion monster
29 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Yeah! They got a good bump in views for the Severely MV cuz of this. A lot of people were commenting like "I'm here because of Weekly Idol"

Though they got some hate during it from fans of Astro and KNK who didn't like that they had to share with another group :toofunny: I'm like, get more famous and you can have the show to yourself

I hate fandom wars. Fangirls are :eww:

YCHofficial
7 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Ohhhh, thanks for the rundown! I hadn't realized IOI was supposed to be temporary.

Seems like a lot of work to put in just to have the group for one year :emma:

Also I like how the "subunit" is "everyone who isn't busy with other things"

Yeah... Theres a show going on rn called Boys24. same concept as produce 101 but with guys instead.. and theyre not from a company.. so the final group will not be temporary but like... forever 

And theres an actual guy version coming up of Produce 101 with guy trainees from several companies 

Just now, PoshLife said:

I skipped my undergrad graduation lol. It was going to be really hot out and I kinda hated everyone at school so I just didn't go. Even though my family had come down for it we just didn't do it and instead went sightseeing and stuff :rip: 

Yeah I hated quite a few of the people in my graduating class. So I really didn't wanna be there and it was also hot out. My family wanted me to go so I didn't really have a choice :toofunny:

Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain

Taylor

Gonna try and email that KoreanMall store later and see if I can specify getting a Sunmi version of the WG single :emma:

I'll maybe place an order then :flop: 

fashion monster
5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Gonna try and email that KoreanMall store later and see if I can specify getting a Sunmi version of the WG single :emma:

I'll maybe place an order then :flop: 

Fighting!korean-emoticon-16-ed8c8cec9db4ed8c85-co

fashion monster
12 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Well, the gang's all here this beautiful Sunday morning :emma: 

I should be studying for my Spanish exam tomorrow morning but I'm on here and surfing the internet :emma:

Just now, fashion monster said:

I should be studying for my Spanish exam tomorrow morning but I'm on here and surfing the internet :emma:

Yeah that's what I used to do when I was in school. Think about how I should be studying and end up not studying :rip: I'd study right before the test (I still passed them though lol.) 

Pantsu Nugeru Mon | Have Some Bi Rain

fashion monster

LOL. It was the same for me back then, but now that I'm frequenting uni I have to study seriously. 

Taylor
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

LOL. It was the same for me back then, but now that I'm frequenting uni I have to study seriously. 

OMG haha... I have studied so little in Uni :toofunny:

In high school I was so prepared for my exams, did tons of practise questions etc.

At uni I've skipped so many classes and only study like 1-2 days before the exams :rip:

I seriously don't know how I've passed my way into my final year :flop:

I definitely don't deserve a masters degree lmao.gif 

• Like 1