The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
2 hours ago, fashion monster said:

iPARTYNAUSEOUS - HYUNA x BLACKPINK - LIP & HIP x BOOMBAYAH (mashup) mittens.gif

:wub:

2 hours ago, fashion monster said:

@Martijn You need to watch Stray Kids if you haven’t yet. It’s better than The Unit and M9. + episodes are shorter.

I was going to watch it one day when I was bored, but then quickdrama didn't have it and I ended up watching Master Key instead. Other than that There's Nothing Holding Me Back cover that went kinda viral I haven't seen anything from the show.
Are the JYP trainees good? After GOT7 i'm not expecting too much :giggle:

-

CL leaked one of her MVs she shot a year ago. I like the MV more than the song tbh, it's just nothing special. I kinda understand why it was never released.
Other than writing 100 songs (or maybe even 200 i don't remember) for her American album I wonder if there are more MVs that never saw the light. Other than that flawless Hello Bitches one we thankfully got to see as a tour backdrop.

PoshLife

What's even going on with CL these days. It seems weird to record a song and MV and just never release them - unless there was a plan in the works for something else.

Martijn
26 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

What's even going on with CL these days. It seems weird to record a song and MV and just never release them - unless there was a plan in the works for something else.

I feel bad for her. She didn't release anything in 2017 other than 2NE1's Goodbye, only 1 song in 2016 and 1 in 2015.
She has a lot of potential. She's basically the full package: rapping, singing, dancing, stage presence, writing skills, ...
At this point I kinda wish she'd just go back to Korea and focus on her carreer there.

PoshLife
Just now, Martijn said:

I feel bad for her. She didn't release anything in 2017 other than 2NE1's Goodbye, only 1 song in 2016 and 1 in 2015.
She has a lot of potential. She's basically the full package: rapping, singing, dancing, stage presence, writing skills, ...
At this point I kinda wish she'd just go back to Korea and focus on her carreer there.

Yeah she should do a Korean release. I could actually see "All In" doing well there - it sounds like a KARD song haha

Martijn
3 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Yeah she should do a Korean release. I could actually see "All In" doing well there - it sounds like a KARD song haha

She performed a Korean song on 'Livin' the Double Life' that I actually like a lot more. It has the same western vibe (i'm pretty sure there would be some kind of drop in the studio version), but is catchier than All In imo

fashion monster
1 hour ago, Martijn said:

Are the JYP trainees good? After GOT7 i'm not expecting too much :giggle:

IMO they are. And I'm stanning hard! GOT7 is just...:lana: I don't know, I don't care that much about them. I'm not even interested in choosing a proper bias.

SK on the other hand... At this point I'm so attached to the boys that my judgement may be inaccurate, but at least the show is worth of your time. (During the first episode you also get to see JYP female training team, including Ryujin, called 2TEAM that hopefully will make us forget of Twice when they get to debut).

TBH the boy who covered Shawn's song is a YG trainee, Bang Yedam. He's not on the show, he just did an appearance together with other YG's trainees during SK 3rd mission (YG vs JYP).

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So when do you guys predict I'll hit 1000 K-Pop CDs this year?

Reveal hidden contents

My guess is April :rip: 

LOONA's debut will do the trick :trollga:

Martijn
6 minutes ago, fashion monster said:

IMO they are. And I'm stanning hard! GOT7 is just...:lana: I don't know, I don't care that much about them. I'm not even interested in choosing a proper bias.

SK on the other hand... At this point I'm so attached to the boys that my judgement may be inaccurate, but at least the show is worth of your time. (During the first episode you also get to see JYP female training team, including Ryujin, called 2TEAM that hopefully will make us forget of Twice when they get to debut).

TBH the boy who covered Shawn's song is a YG trainee, Bang Yedam. He's not on the show, he just did an appearance together with other YG's trainees during SK 3rd mission (YG vs JYP).

I shouldn't, but I'll probably end up watching it :giggle:

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

So when do you guys predict I'll hit 1000 K-Pop CDs this year?

Reveal hidden contents

My guess is April :rip: 

Whenever LOONA decides to do 12 different covers for their debut album + 12 photocards

1 minute ago, Martijn said:

Whenever LOONA decides to do 12 different covers for their debut album + 12 photocards

They'll probably do 24 photocards at least (2 per member) cry.png 

Martijn
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

They'll probably do 24 photocards at least (2 per member) cry.png 

I don't think they will tbh. The only reason they did 2 for each album until now is because there's no collecting aspect if an album only has 1. 
but who knows... i hope they'll stick to 12... for your wallet

39 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I don't think they will tbh. The only reason they did 2 for each album until now is because there's no collecting aspect if an album only has 1. 
but who knows... i hope they'll stick to 12... for your wallet

I can see them sticking to 2 album versions after debut, and all of the "B version" releases have had different cards - so that's why I guess 24.

Honestly, if they do unit cards too then just... kill me. Please.

This week’s STATION song will be another Amber and Luna song, titled “Lower”!

-

Sunmi comeback!!!

grcebghapj701.png

7 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Looks like it's just a single agian. Excited nonetheless :excited2:

I just hope they do go the physical route again... but... *please no photocards*