๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

I feel the need to block that using Adblock lmao.

Wait... what was that other picture I hated and blocked? lmao.gifย 

PoshLife
10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I feel the need to block that using Adblock lmao.

Wait... what was that other picture I hated and blocked? lmao.gifย 

ย 

tumblr_inline_nym2rxNhOc1qgt71j_500.gifย 

PopReaper

kyeojyeosseo Red light
seonmyeonghan Red light
seuseuro kyeojyeo geugeoseun Red light

tumblr_inline_nym2rxNhOc1qgt71j_500.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Taylorโ€™s Favourite Songs of the Year, Best of 2017 and 2018 Predictions

Favourite Songs of the Year

Spoiler

January

Spoiler

CLC - Liar
Dreamcatcher - Chase Me
HaSeul & YeoJin - My Melody
I - Song For You
Suzy - Yes No Maybe

February

Spoiler

Red Velvet - Body Talk
Lovelyz - WoW!
Taeyeon - Fine
Taeyeon - I Got Love
Taeyeon - Time Lapse

March

Spoiler

Brave Girls - Rollinโ€™
Girlโ€™s Day - Thirsty
IU - Through the Night
LOOฮ ฮ” 1/3 - Love & Live
PRISTIN - Running

April

Spoiler

Dreamcatcher - Goodnight
IU - Palette
IU - Jam Jam
LOOฮ ฮ” 1/3 - Sonatine
Taeyeon - I Blame On You

May

Spoiler

APRIL - MAYDAY
Kim Lip - Eclipse
Kim Lip - Twilight
Kriesha Chu - I Want You (feat. Yong Jun-hyung)
TWICE - SIGNAL

June

Spoiler

JinSoul - Singing in the Rain
Kim Lip & JinSoul - Love Letter
Nine Muses - Remember
Shannon Williams - Love Donโ€™t Hurt
T-ARA - Whatโ€™s My Name?

July

Spoiler

Choerry - Love Cherry Motion
Dreamcatcher - Fly High
Dreamcatcher - Sleep Walking
LYn - On & On (feat. Chancellor)
Red Velvet - Red Flavor

August

Spoiler

CLC - Call My Name
Girlsโ€™ Generation - Sweet Talk
HyunA - Babe
MOMOLAND - Freeze
Sunmi - Gashina

September

Spoiler

ELRIS - Pow Pow
IU - Autumn Morning
IU - Last Night Story
ODD EYE CIRCLE - Girl Front
ODD EYE CIRCLE - LOONATIC

October

Spoiler

JUNIEL - I Drink Alone
ODD EYE CIRCLE - Sweet Crazy Love
ODD EYE CIRCLE - Uncover
Playback - Untold Story
Playback - Want You to Say

November

Spoiler

EXID - DDD
EXID - Alice (Jeonghwa solo)
Red Velvet - Peek-A-Book
Red Velvet - Kingdom Come
Yves - new

December

Spoiler

Chuu - Heart Attack
Taeyeon - Christmas Without You
TWICE - Heart Shaker
Uhm Jung Hwa - So What
Younha - Parade

ย 

Best of 2017

Spoiler

I wonโ€™t do โ€œbest singlesโ€ or โ€œfavourite albumโ€ tracks etc.ย as theyโ€™ll be included in the favourite songs of the year section above. Also - the songs in bold for each month were my favourite of the month.

Favourite Song: โ€œSinging in the Rainโ€ by JinSoul

Best Albums: โ€œHoliday Nightโ€ by Girlsโ€™ Generation, โ€œPaletteโ€ by IU, โ€œPerfect Velvetโ€ by Red Velvet, โ€œMy Voiceโ€ by Taeyeon

Best Mini Albums: โ€œPrequelโ€ by Dreamcatcher, โ€œFull Moonโ€ by EXID, โ€œLove&Evilโ€ by LOOฮ ฮ” 1/3, โ€œMax&Matchโ€ by ODD EYE CIRCLE, โ€œROOKIEโ€ by Red Velvet

Best Music Videos: All LOOฮ ฮ” MVs, โ€œRememberโ€ by Nine Muses, โ€œGashinaโ€ by Sunmi, โ€œYes No Maybeโ€ by Suzy

Best Choreography: โ€œGood Nightโ€ by Dreamcatcher

Best Western Album: โ€œDua Lipaโ€ by Dua Lipa

Best Discovery: Hoody

Best Nugus: ELRIS, I and P.O.P

Biggest Surprise:ย LOOฮ ฮ”'s change, my obsession with them andย ODD EYE CIRCLE not being named โ€œLOOฮ ฮ” 2/3โ€ :emma:ย Idk...

Biggest Disappointment: Girlsโ€™ Generationโ€™s 10th anniversaryโ€ฆ while I did like the album it definitely wasnโ€™t what I was expecting. Also, BLACKPINK and STELLARโ€™s mess.

Songs Iโ€™m Still Listening To From 2016: โ€œSecretโ€ by Cosmic Girls, โ€œCrushโ€ by I.O.I, โ€œGalaxyโ€ by LADIESโ€™ CODE, โ€œWorld Tourโ€ by Lee Hi, โ€œStep By Stepโ€ by OH MY GIRL, โ€œStingโ€ by STELLAR

Most looking forward to in 2018: LOOฮ ฮ” and Luna (cross your fingers!)

2018 Predictions

Spoiler

Ailee - comeback in the middle of year, most likely a mini album. Also, I donโ€™t see her doing much on the Western front.

Andamiro - hopefully a comeback at some point with a physical release - I feel like she could just release a full album at this point if she includes her digital singles.

AOA - Iโ€™m not too sure with Choa leaving and FNCโ€™s new girl group, but I guess a comeback at some point. Maybe April/May time. Donโ€™t see them having any Japanese promotions, but if they did it would probably be the Japanese version of their Korean release around 1.5 months after the Korean release.

Apink - probably another full length album? Wonโ€™t bother predicting Japanese stuff because, I donโ€™t really follow them.

APRIL - two comebacks, probably both mini albums - one in April and the other later on, perhaps November time.

Berry Good - I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if they disbanded to be honest, but I could see them having a comeback around March.

BLACKPINK - wellโ€ฆ who knows. I can see their early 2018 comeback being pushed to April-time with โ€œSQUARE THREEโ€ and maybe โ€œSQUARE FOURโ€ at the very end of the year if weโ€™re lucky. Like, 31st December end of year.

BoA - has her Japanese album coming out 14th February, but probably no Korean promotions.

BolBBalgan4 - 2nd full length album.

Brave Girls - another mini album and perhaps a digital single.

Chung Ha - she finally releases this comeback sheโ€™s been teasing for the last 6 months.

CLC - first full length album or two mini albums.

Cosmic Girls - two mini albums, perhaps in February and September.

DIA - release something else where the physical really pisses me off.

Dreamcatcher - have a successful tour, return to Korean and release a mini album in July - perhaps a single towards the end of the year. End of their โ€œgothicโ€ concept (I think it was already announced their next release will be the last?).

EXID - Solji will fully re-join the group. Perhaps first full length album?

f(x) - something, anything. Please SM! The sooner the better at this point. Fingers crossed for 5th album February/March time!

GFriend - Perhaps 2nd full length album in April/May time? I donโ€™t theyโ€™ve done as well commercially this year compared to 2016, so perhaps itโ€™ll be a mini album. BUT PLEASE STOP USING THE HORRIBLE JEWELCASE PACKAGING!

Girlโ€™s Day - Iโ€™m not really sure, I think they re-signed with DreamT so hopefully theyโ€™ll release something, but I donโ€™t know what and I donโ€™t have a guess for when.

Girlsโ€™ Generation - Again, I have no idea if weโ€™ll get an OT5 release, OT6, OT7, OT8 or even a random OT9? Who knows? Or nothingโ€ฆ probably nothing. Maybe some more solos? Probably definitely more solos.

gu9udan - I donโ€™t really know the group but Iโ€™m guessing at least another mini album early next year and maybe another comeback October-time.

Heize - comeback in the summer - probably a mini album.

Hyolyn - I think she set up her own label? Or moved? Iโ€™m sure weโ€™ll see a few digital release but hopefully a physical full length towards the end of the year.

HyunA - mini album in August.

IU - Iโ€™m kinda hoping IU does a CHAT-SHIRE like mini during the first half of the year and perhaps a more Palette like mini album during the second half. I donโ€™t see her doing another cover album next year, but maybe in 2019.

Jessica - Iโ€™m sure sheโ€™ll get a mini album at some point.

KARD - I could see them releasing another two mini albums - perhaps theyโ€™ll tour again?ย 

LABOUM - I think theyโ€™re to release something early January? But since like half of their members are on The Unit I donโ€™t know if itโ€™ll be just the remaining members - or maybe a solo?

LADIESโ€™ CODE - Since theyโ€™ve now officially moved over to BlockBerry Iโ€™m hoping they get some kind of promotions this year. Iโ€™m expecting LOOฮ ฮ” to have a pretty decent hiatus (well, for LOOฮ ฮ”) between April and July - so perhaps LADIESโ€™ CODE can fill in the gap?!

Lee Hi - gets her September comeback. Could be 2019 tho.

LOOฮ ฮ” - 11th member in mid/late-January, 12th member mid-February, 3rd sub-unit early/mid March and re-package late April. Theyโ€™ll then take a long break (well, for LOOฮ ฮ”) to prepare for their debut, perhaps around August time. I expect theyโ€™ll debut with a full length album (made up for say 6 full group songs and 2 songs from each sub-unit). BlockBerry, please also release a LOOฮ ฮ” story book with the answers to all of our questions supplemented with the b-side photoshoots from all of the single releases. Thanks! And a Blu-ray release of all MVs and the LOOฮ ฮ” TV movie you should be making :derpga: Andโ€ฆ go easy on the photocards post-debut, will you?

Luna - hopefully 2nd solo mini album at some point. If f(x) do get their early 2018 comeback, then Iโ€™ll slate Luna in for August/September.

MAMAMOO - I donโ€™t know what theyโ€™re currently teasing - if itโ€™s a digital single or perhaps something more? If itโ€™s a proper release (like a mini of full length album) then theyโ€™ll maybe have one more comeback at the end of the year. If itโ€™s a digital perhaps a summer time comeback?

Minzy - not really sure for Minzy, it would be good to see her doing something but I wouldnโ€™t expect anything until later on in the year.

Nine Muses - again, Iโ€™m not really sure. It could just be disbandment at this point. Hopefully theyโ€™ll continue to fight on, but Iโ€™m not sure how much longer Nine Muses will last.ย 

OH MY GIRL - comeback in January and perhaps first full album in October?

Playback - Iโ€™m not really sure where these girls are standing with whichever survival show theyโ€™re on but if one or more members do make the final group then I donโ€™t see them coming back until September-ish time at the earliest.

PRISTIN - I donโ€™t really know since theyโ€™ve only been active for a year but I can see them releasing perhaps a mini or single in March time and the same in September?

BP RaNia - lol, further messes.

Red Velvet - I can see maybe two comebacks? Probably both mini albums but I wouldnโ€™t decline another full length album! I hope that they can release a concert DVD (well, Blu-ray) at some point. Theyโ€™ll also most likely get their Japanese debut this year (with a single) but whether there will be more than one Japanese release I have no idea.

STELLAR - another successful Makestar with the new 4. I donโ€™t think theyโ€™ll do too well overall though. I feel like STELLAR was perfect as they were pre-Soyoung and now with another member and two leavers itโ€™s just not the same? Iโ€™ll continue to support them, but at the same time Iโ€™m unsure if I should. Minhee and Hyoeun donโ€™t seem to be happy and they still have a year or two of their contracts left I think.

Sunmi - I think Sunmi is meant to have a comeback soon? Hopefully sheโ€™ll get a mini album this time around and then another single later on in the year.

Suzy - I also feel like Iโ€™ve read Suzy is to have a comeback early 2018? If thatโ€™s the case I can see her releasing another mini album but nothing much else for the rest of the year.

Taeyeon - Iโ€™d like to see her release another full length album, and maybe she will if there arenโ€™t any SNSD promotions this year. I can see her next release being a mini album though - perhaps early Summer.ย 

TWICE - I expect them to release like 328182 thingsโ€ฆ lol. Theyโ€™ve already got the Blu-ray release of their concert at the end of January, Japanese single in February. Theyโ€™ll probably release Twicetagram Monograph in April along with a photobook of their holiday (if they get a break, that is) in May. Comeback could be in June time with a Japanese release in July. Then cue some photobooks, DVD releases over the next few months and bam dual Japanese/Korean releases in October followed by a Christmas re-package (again).ย 

Weki Meki - similar to PRISTIN, I donโ€™t really know but maybe either a mini or single and April and the same in October?

ย 

Edited by Taylor

PopReaper

My Top 17 Most Listened Tracks In 2017:

Spoiler

1. Lady Gaga - The Cure [354 plays]
2. Red Velvet - Body Talk [317 plays]
3. Kate Bush - Ne T'Enfuis Pas [315 plays]
4. I.O.I - Hold Up [222 plays]
5. Red Velvet - Red Flavor [218 plays]
6. Taemin - Heart Stop (feat. Seulgi) [157 plays]
7. JinSoul - Singing In The Rain [151 plays]
8. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams [151 plays]
9. Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion [151 plays]
10. Kate Bush - Home For Christmas [141 plays]
11. Red Velvet - Rookie [134 plays]
12. Kali Uchis - Tyrant (feat. Jorja Smith) [127 plays]
13. Kate Bush - Show A Little Devotion [126 plays]
14. Taemin - MOVE [106 plays]
15. Anitta - Paradinha [104 plays]
16. Kate Bush - A Coral Room [101 plays]
17. Cha JiYeon & LDN Noise - My Show [101 plays]

8/17 - Korean
7/17 - English
1/17 - French
1/17 - Spanish

this year turned out to be pretty balanced!

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife

Happy New Year! I hope 2018 brings you lots of good music, many comebacks from your faves, and all the groups you hate disband

fashion monster

As always Iโ€™m late butโ€ฆ Happy New Year drink.gif. Please,ย enjoy your life to the fullest, having a lot of fun and doing things you love.

-

My โ€œtentativeโ€ TOP 10. I excluded the big groups, chose only one song per artist (only singles/title tracks were take into consideration),ย decided to have five male and five female and listed in casual order:

MAMAMOO - Yes, I Am
Odd Eye Circle - Odd Front
Gugudan - A Girl Like Me
HyunA - Lip & Hip
Weki Meki - I Donโ€™t Like Your Boyfriend

DAY6 - I Wait
WANNAONE - Energetic
NCT 127 - Limitless
MonstaX - Shine Forever
Golden Child - Dam Da Di

For some reason I feel the need to include, as especial mentions:

Produce 101 season 2 - Naya Na (Pick Me)
Stray Kids - every song,ย YAYAYA in particular
iPARTYNAUSEOUS - HYUNA x BLACKPINK - LIP & HIP x BOOMBAYAH (mashup)ย mittens.gif

-

@Martijnย You need to watch Stray Kids if you havenโ€™t yet. Itโ€™s better than The Unit and M9. + episodes are shorter.