Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
18 hours ago, Martijn said:

Being the best song in Twice's discography is like being the smartest person with down syndrome

Reveal hidden contents

i'm sorry for the insensitive comparison, but I couldn't come up with a better one

omg i got 3 warning points for this :triggered:
i'm lowkey dying that all my warning points are k-pop related, it brings out the worst in me

1 hour ago, Martijn said:

omg i got 3 warning points for this :triggered:
i'm lowkey dying that all my warning points are k-pop related, it brings out the worst in me

lmao.gif 

Spoiler

I wonder who reported you though :toofunny:

Spoiler

Or maybe a mod is a TWICE fan :green: 

• LMAO 1

Not gonna lie, at 3am I didn't even realise "Heart Attack" had English subtitles and I thought the lyrics were "you obtain my heart, you obtain my heart" :emma: 

HauntingHollow
21 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

LEts not diss their best song though which is knock knock 

knock knock their best song ? taste cancelled :reductive:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

PopReaper

PopReaper’s Best of 2017:

Best Single(s): “MOVE” by Taemin; “Singing In The Rain” by Jinsoul; “Sonatine” by LOONA 1/3; “Red Flavor” by Red Velvet and “Limitless” by NCT 127

Honorable Mentions: “Yes No Maybe” by Suzy, “Gashina” by Sunmi and “All Night” by Girls’ Generation

Best Album(s): “MOVE” by Taemin; “My Voice” by TaeYeon

Best Music Video(s): “Yes No Maybe” by Suzy, “Peek-A-Boo” by Red Velvet, “MOVE” by Taemin and “Palette” by IU

Best Choreography: “MOVE” by Taemin

Best Album Tracks: “Heart Stop” by Taemin, “Time Lapse” by TaeYeon, “Look” and “Body Talk” by Red Velvet, “LOONATIC” by Odd Eye Circle and “Jam Jam” by IU

Best Western Music: Glasshouse by Jessie Ware(Album); Blue Lips by Tove Lo (Album); RINA by Rina Sawayama (EP)

Best Thread Moment: The first week of the year (The Revenge of Page 600 + AOA gifs)

Best Discovery: YESEO; Cherry Coke; SUMIN

Best Nugus: Odd Eye Circle (Wanna One’s Energetic kinda slaps too not gonna lie)

Biggest Surprise: Red Velvet getting 3 comebacks, LOONA serving quality all year

Biggest Disappointment: SNSD’s 10th anniversary comeback being so messily handled by SM

Songs I’m Still Listening From 2016: Wait A Minute (I.O.I), White T-Shirt (JongHyun), Hands On Me (TaeYeon), Free Somebody (Luna), Sexuality (TaeMin)

Lgsput3.jpg

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Martijn

Martijn’s Best of 2017:

Best Single(s): 365 Fresh - Triple H, Hobgoblin - CLC, I Got Love - Taeyeon, Goodbye - 2NE1, DDD - EXID

Honorable Mentions: AIIYL - BLACKPINK, Rollin' - Brave Girls, Eclipse - Kim Lip, AGLM - Gugudan, Camo - BoA

Best Album(s): The War (repackage) - EXO

Best Music Video(s): Gashina - Sunmi, Lip & Hip - HyunA

Best Choreography: Cherry Bomb - NCT 127 (don't come for me)

Best Album Tracks: Look - Red Velvet, Body Talk - Red Velvet, Boomerang - EXO (the whole album tbh)

Best Western Music: i_dont_know_her.gif

jk, Qveen Herby, Little Mix, Dua Lipa

Best Thread Moment: All those users posting here to say how much they like k-pop, asking for recommendations and then never coming back again :emma:

Best Discovery: CLC, Triple H, Gugudan, A.C.E

Best Nugus: CLC, A.C.E

Biggest Surprise: being obsessed with MIXNINE & the Unit, CLC's Hobgoblin concept, 2 HyunA comebacks, Triple H snatching me bald, Playback actually getting a comeback

Biggest Disappointment: BLACKPINKs only song taking a month to grow on me, 2017 being the year of disbandments

Songs I’m Still Listening From 2016: BLACKPINK, Wonder Girls, SHINee

Spoiler

did @PopReaper just call WannaOne nugus? lmalksf :toofunny:

Edited by Martijn

PopReaper
Just now, Martijn said:

Martijn’s Best of 2017:

Best Single(s): 365 Fresh - Triple H, Hobgoblin - CLC, I Got Love - Taeyeon, Goodbye - 2NE1, DDD - EXID

Honorable Mentions: AIIYL - BLACKPINK, Rollin' - Brave Girls, Eclipse - Kim Lip, AGLM - Gugudan, Camo - BoA

Best Album(s): The War (repackage) - EXO

Best Music Video(s): Gashina - Sunmi, Lip & Hip - HyunA

Best Choreography: Cherry Bomb - NCT 127 (don't come for me)

Best Album Tracks: Look - Red Velvet, Body Talk - Red Velvet, Boomerang - EXO (the whole album tbh)

Best Western Music: i_dont_know_her.gif

jk, Qveen Herby, Little Mix, Dua Lipa

Best Thread Moment: All those users posting here to say how much they like k-pop, asking for recommendations and then never coming back again :emma:

Best Discovery: CLC, Triple H, Gugudan, A.C.E

Best Nugus: CLC, A.C.E

Biggest Surprise: being obsessed with MIXNINE & the Unit, CLC's Hobgoblin concept, 2 HyunA comebacks, Triple H snatching me bald, Playback actually getting a comeback

Biggest Disappointment: BLACKPINKs only song taking a month to grow on me

Songs I’m Still Listening From 2016: BLACKPINK, Wonder Girls, SHINee

Hide contents

did @PopReaper just call WannaOne nugus? lmalksf :toofunny:

Spoiler

nnnnnnnn they're a new group so I'm counting them IN :sis:

• LMAO 1

PoshLife

KPop
Favorite song: Melody Day, "Mix & Match"
Honorable mentions: KARD, "Don't Recall"; Taeyeon, "Fire"
Favorite album: Taeyeon, "My Voice"
Biggest surprise: Some members of 4Ten and WINGS getting onto those shows (note: obviously Jonghyun's suicide is the biggest surprise and disappointment, but I wanted to keep this list light)
Biggest disappointment: "Beep Beep Beep" and Alex leaving BP RaNia
What ever happened to: f(x), DTX from RaNia, all my nugu faves
Still listening to from 2016: 4Ten, "Severely"; BP RaNia, Start a Fire EP; EXID, "LIE"
Most looking forward to in 2018: Possible 4Ten or WINGS comebacks

JPop
Favorite song: Perfume, "Tokyo Girl"
Honorable mentions: Kaary Pamu Pamu (jk), "Harajuku Iyahoi"; Utada Hikaru, "Forevermore"; Chanmina, "Chocolate"; DAOKO, "Uchiagehanabi"; lecca, "Believe"
Favorite album: lecca, "High Street"
Biggest surprise: Namie Amuro announcing her retirement
Biggest disappointment: Ai Otsuka's releases, Utada's "Anata" (really weak song for being her 20 year anniversary)
What ever happened to: Koda Kumi
Still listening to from 2016: Utada Hikaru, "Michi"
Most looking forward to in 2018: New Perfume and Utada albums

EPop
Favorite song: Kesha, "Praying"
Honorable mentions: Katy Perry, "Swish Swish"; Shania Twain, "Swinging With My Eyes Closed"; Lady Gaga, "The Cure"
Favorite album: None
Biggest surprise: Pop music from Gaga
Biggest disappointment: Literally everyone, but especially Kelly Clarkson and P!nk's new albums
What ever happened to: Dance pop
Still listening to from 2016: Kerli, "Spirit Animal"; Fifth Harmony, "Work From Home"
Most looking forward to in 2018: New Gaga and Vanessa Carlton albums

Edited by PoshLife

PoshLife
4 hours ago, Martijn said:

omg you're right, I never really thought about it that way :emma: 

PoshLife

nnnn I just got invited to the GGD discord and there's a KPop channel that a bunch of people post in who don't post on here more than like once a quarter :rip: Unless your names are different on there

PopReaper
3 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

nnnn I just got invited to the GGD discord and there's a KPop channel that a bunch of people post in who don't post on here more than like once a quarter :rip: Unless your names are different on there

nnnnnn I got invited too but haven't joined it :rip:

---

this song/mv :legend:

Someone just messaged me on Instagram saying they want me to be a part of their team and that there is "kpop products and money involved".

Like... what does that even mean? :deadbanana: I went to their profile and there is nothing K-Pop related even on it :rip: 

PopReaper
7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Someone just messaged me on Instagram saying they want me to be a part of their team and that there is "kpop products and money involved".

Like... what does that even mean? :deadbanana: I went to their profile and there is nothing K-Pop related even on it :rip: 

It's the mafia boss leading the LOONA project :sis: They want you as an intern at BBC

Spoiler

what did you answer? :rip:

16 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

It's the mafia boss leading the LOONA project :sis: They want you as an intern at BBC

Reveal hidden contents

what did you answer? :rip:

I just asked if they could give me some more information :toofunny: but they haven’t replied yet. 

But if it was secretly BlockBerry I’d be like ‘I’ll sell me soul to you for a signed Choerry single cry.png”. It so annoying that I’m only missing one :emma: