other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn
13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

#10 Chuu

DQ71aS_UQAA5JK5.jpg

Very Red Velvet Dumb Dumb (in this photo at least)
Where do you keep getting all these visuals though? :grr:I swear most of these girls would be the visual if they were in another group

28 minutes ago, Martijn said:

Take this with a grain of salt

Hide contents
  Hide contents

They've worked for a LOT of SM artists before though

They did rename their Instagram from a specific 4 Walls account to just f(x) yesterday ;) 

But people assumed it was possibly for Luna solo cause she said she'd have a solo comeback in the winter 2020

Martijn
2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

They did rename their Instagram from a specific 4 Walls account to just f(x) yesterday ;) 

But people assumed it was possibly for Luna solo cause she said she'd have a solo comeback in the winter 2020

I know, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially with what happened to Victoria's solo. Inb4 they're rerecording the vocals as OT4 rn
f(x) is my only bias group I haven't got to experience a comeback from yet :giveup:

7 minutes ago, Martijn said:

I know, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially with what happened to Victoria's solo. Inb4 they're rerecording the vocals as OT4 rn
f(x) is my only bias group I haven't got to experience a comeback from yet :giveup:

I always thought Victoria's album was kinda dodgy :sweat: like, for some reason I just assumed it was being made without the permission of SM :emma: 

What the hell? Why does it keep posting itself? Ugh... I'm going type it on somewhere else :emma:

Btw... I'm trying to evaluate my 2017 predictions :sweat: 

Edited by Taylor

Martijn
Spoiler
On 22-12-2016 at 7:13 PM, Martijn said:

I'll give it a shot as well, @PoshLife style :staymad:

2NE1: 
CL will release her album after probably another delay + Dara releases a solo (mini)album
Dream big: The songs 2NE1 were working on leak :emma:

4MINUTE:
Hyuna + Jiyoon release a mini-album each

9MUSES:
One final comeback before disbanding
Dream big: We get something like Hurt Locker

BIGBANG:
G-Dragon and Taeyang have solo comebacks
Dream big: they don't :emma:

BLACKPINK
After one or two more comebacks we'll finally get the full album
Dream big: They don't disappear afterwards

EXO
A summer comeback + a new subunit
Dream big: The subunit consists of Kai, Chanyeol and Lay

f(x)
Korean + Japanese comeback
Dream big: Another Luna solo

SNSD
More solo releases
Dream big: more TTS, Sooyoung solo + full Korean album

I.O.I
Dream big: I like the group Chungha debutes in

K.A.R.D
Two mini-albums, one mid-2017, one late-2017
Dream big: proper promotions

Mamamoo
Full Korean album mid-2017

SHINee
Another mini or full length album pleeeeaase

Wonder Girls
Release an album right before their anniversary
Dream big: It contains a 2nd disc of band versions of their old hits

❌ 2NE1 - super wrong
✔️ 4MINUTE
❌ 9MUSES - 2 comebacks instead of 1 + no disbandment announcement :giveup:
✔️ BIGBANG
❌ BLACKPINK :selena:
❌/✔️ EXO - summer comeback, but no new subunit
❌ f(x) :selena:
✔️ SNSD
❌ I.O.I - Chungha debuted solo (I did like it though)
✔️ KARD - 100% right :whitney:
❌ MAMAMOO
❌ SHINee :(
❌ Wonder Girls :(

PopReaper

Looking back at my predictions for 2017:

Spoiler

SHINee: More Japanese single(s), and a new Japanese album within the first half of the year. At least one of the members who went solo will have a come back. Maybe we'll get another solo debut or a subunit. The group will drop their 6th full album around September/October, kinda like 1 of 1.
Dream big: Onew goes solo; SHINee World V comes to South America; SHINee pulls a Wonder Girls and releases album with a band concept. 

[Got the solo comeback + japanese album part right, but that was predictable, the rest was wrong]

Wonder Girls: A full album on Q2 with a 90's concept; Yenny gets a solo comeback.
Dream big: They also drop a full album with a 70's (disco) concept, like they should've done this year; Sunmi gets a solo comeback.

[my solo predictions came true but my predictions for the group... oh boy, was I wrong :emma:]

f(x): Another Japanese single but no album. Amber gets a comeback on the first half of the year; and the group comes back with their 5th full album around August, which will definitely become a meme on this thread.

[...nope :emma:]

Red Velvet: Releases their 2nd full album around June.
Dream big: They also reveal that The Velvet was one of their Judas betrayals, and drop the REAL The Velvet, a full album with a dark R&B/neo-soul/electro/synthpop/house sound.

[nnnn not my dream big prediction kinda happening in the form of Perfect Velvet, yas! didn't predict that they'd have 3 comebacks + 2 station tracks this year but I don't think anyone would've predicted that :emma:]

Girls' Generation: TaeYeon and Tiffany get solo comebacks, SeoHyun gets her solo debut. The full group comes back with a 2-disc album on August, and go on their last tour around the end of the year.
Dream big: TTS gets a (real) comeback; They release another Japanese album.

[TaeYeon got a comeback but that was obvious, SeoHyun got a solo debut (and then left :emma:) and the group came back with a full album but not a 2-disc one, and also no tour :emma:]

EXO: Another member goes solo, group comes back with a full album + repackage around Q2/Q3, right after Red Velvet.

[did LAY debut this year? idk, if yes then I was right :emma: and I also got their comeback timing right]

Lim Kim: Signs with another label, releases new mini-album around April.

[welp]

Namie Amuro: More singles but no album until early 2018.

[we did get more singles... and a surprise retirement :emma:]

Perfume: More singles but no album.

[yep]

Jolin Tsai: Releases her next album on Q3.

[nope but #JT2018 is coming (inb4 Justin Timberlake)]

FEMM: Releases their next album around September.

[nnnnn I got this one right except for the month, it actually came out in October]

BTS: Have 2 comebacks, both are successful. The fanwars between their stans and EXO's continues to grow.

[yep]

9Muses: Get one comeback on the first half of the year and then announce their disbandment.

[they had a comeback during the first half of the year, and then another one in august... no disbandment tho]

WINGS: Either releases a mini-album within the first 4 months of the year, or announces disbandment. (Hopefully the former  )

[kind of announced disbandment by joining The Unit and revealing their contracts with Sony had expired]

Brown Eyed Girls: Comeback on Q3; Gain gets a solo comeback.
Dream big: Narsha gets a solo comeback.

[nope :giveup:]

NCT: 2 other units (China and Japan) debut throughout the year, NCT U and NCT 127 come back, but neither get their breakout hit.

[THAAD kinda cockblocked the chances of a Chinese unit, but NCT 127 came back and still doesn't have a hit, so I guess I got 50% of it right :gaycat:]

TWICE: Release their first full album around the middle of the year, and begin working on a Japanese debut.

[they did release their 1st full album (later than I predicted) and they debuted in Japan also]

didn't do as bad I as thought actually! :gaycat:  I'll start writing my predictions for 2018 soon :green:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Okay... third time lucky with trying to type out my predictions.

Spoiler

After School – disbands, guessing confirmation around March to May time.
Well, it wasn't confirmed, but I don't think they did anything at all?

Ailee – digital single in September with second full length album in November.
Did Ailee even do anything this year? I know she had that OST at the start of the year, but... that doesn't really count. I was expecting more from her tbh.

Amber – two digital singles (STATION or otherwise), possibly a second mini album but I doubt it.
Um... I think she only featured on Shannon William's song?

ANDA – first mini album in March with a digital single sometime between September and November.
Lol.

AOA – full length Korean album in January of February followed by Japanese singles in April and September. Potential for 3rd Japanese album in December, but could see that being released more to January/February 2018 timeframe.
Full length album was correct, but... yep. Wrong with everything else.

AOA Cream – no promotions.
Correct!

Apink – summer mini album comeback with potential re-package 6 to 8 weeks later.
I'll count that as a win! "Pink UP" released in June. I didn't predict their Japanese releases last year, because I don't really follow them.

Bada – potentially part two of her supposed series, but if so then I’m guessing it’ll be nearer the third quarter to start of fourth quarter.
Nope.

Berry Good – either two mini albums or one single (not digital) and one mini album.
One (awful) digital single that I supported on MakeStar :( 

BLACKPINK – two digital singles (“SQUARE THREE” and “SQUARE FOUR”) in February and May with a full-length album consisting of all previous songs and two new songs in September/October time.
Haha

Blady – disband, confirmation around April/May
I don't think they've technically disbanded, but no releases.

BoA - ninth Korean album, would put it towards the start of the year - maybe February or March?
Nope... one digital single in June.

BolBBalgan4 - mini album at Easter time, either another mini or full length album in October/November.
One mini album in September.

Brave Girls - comeback in January with a single (not digital) and fourth mini album in July.
Mini album in March.

Cosmic Girls - third mini album in January, full length album in September.
Close - mini album in January, full length in June.

Crayon Pop - release third mini album in April, Soyul officially leaves the group.
No releases.

D.HOLIC - disband, confirmation July-ish.
Wow. Correct! And in July too!

Dal Shabet - one comeback around May, disband later on in the year.
No releases.

Eunji - release second mini album mid-year.
2nd mini album released April. 

EXID - third mini album in the second half of the year, maybe July or August. Not sure about Chinese activities - maybe release an album of Chinese language version songs early-ish in the year?
Released two mini albums - one in April, the other in November.

f(x) - release third Japanese single in April, Korean comeback in June and Japanese album in August.
Lol.

FIESTAR - either release third mini or first full length album in May, potentially disband later on in the year.
No releases.

GFriend - release either two mini albums or one mini and one full length album, in February and August.
Yep! Mini album early March, another in August and re-package in September.

Girl’s Day - 9-track “full” album in January/February with a single in October. 
Mini album in March.

Girls’ Generation - start the year off with a mini album in February, Japanese singles in March and June with fifth full length Korean album in August and fourth Japanese album in September. Potential re-package in October for the Korean album and November for the Japanese album. Not sure if they will renew their contracts or not. 
Haha... I had such high hopes they were going to blast it this year. And we got... that mess.

Girls’ Generation-TTS - can’t really see them doing anything (unless it’s a STATION song) as I’d have thought all focus would be placed on the full group.
Yep. I guess.

gu9udan - 2nd mini album in early 2017, with either another comeback in the last quarter of the year.
Yep. Mini in February, single in November.

Heize - first full album in the 2nd half of the year.
Mini album in June.

Hello Venus - 5th mini album in January, either a physical single or 6th mini later on in the year. Potential disbandment.
Mini album in January.

Hyo Seong - 3rd mini album in May.
Nope.

Hyolyn - no solo promotions.
Yep.

Hyomin - no solo promotions.
Yep.

HyunA - 6th mini album in August.
Yep. Plus single in December.

I.O.I - potentially one last single in January, perhaps released for their farewell concert.
Yep.

IU - fourth full length album in the first half of the year and maybe a Japanese release in the second half.
Album in April, 2nd cover album in September.

Jessica - first full length album in June/July.
Mini album in August.

Ji Eun - no solo promotions.
I guess?

Jiyeon - no solo promotions.
1 digital single.

LABOUM - 2nd mini album in September.
Mini in April, digital single in July.

LADIES’ CODE - single in March, mini album in November.
Nothing, sadly. :( 

Lee Hi - remains in the dungeon.
Yep.

Lim Kim - mini album released by new label, maybe May?
Nope.

LODIA - no promotions, we won’t get an official disbandment notice.
Yep. 

LOOΠΔ - singles in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September. Potential for full group debut in October, but I wouldn’t expect it until November at the earliest.
Single in January, mini in March, single and re-package in April, singles in May, June and July, mini album in September, re-package in October and single in November. And I'd guess Chuu's single this December.

Lovelyz - er… I don’t really know the group, but I’m guessing either 2nd full length album Easter to mid-2017 or a mini album around the same time.
2nd album February, re-package in May and mini album in November.

Luna - conflicted between 2nd mini album or nothing, but probably nothing.
We all knew it was gonna be nothing :( 

MAMAMOO - 5th mini album in June/July
Yep! Purple released in June.

Melody Day - 4th single or 2nd mini towards the 3rd quarter, or maybe a single Easter time and mini in 3rd quarter vice versa. Potentially disband.
Mini album in February.

Minah - no solo promotions.
She did release a digital single recently, but I don't think it was promoted.

miss A - no promotions, disband to focus on solo activities possibly confirmed after Suzy debut.
Pretty much.

Nicole - I keep hearing she’s meant to be making a Korean comeback, but it never seems to happen. 2nd mini at some point I guess.
Nope.

Nine Muses - officially disband to focus on Nine Muses A.
Haha... kinda.

Nine Muses A - two comebacks, both mini albums one 1st - early 2nd quarter and then in November or December.
Mini album in June, re-package in August.

NS Yoon-G - one digital single followed by a mini album at some point.
I don't think she did anything?

OH MY GIRL - first full length album in April, with re-package 4-6 weeks later. Maybe 4th mini album in 3rd quarter.
Mini album in April.

Purfles - first mini album in March, digital single in November.
Nothing.

RaNia - mini album in January, disband later on in the year.
Mini album at the very end of December 2016 (released physically in January 2017), digital EP in August.

Red Velvet - 4th Mini in April, 2nd full length album in November.
Mini in February, another in July and album in November.

Shannon Williams – lol.
Digital single and digital mini album.

SISTAR - 3rd album in June with re-package early to mid-August.
2 digital singles, disband.

SISTAR19 - no promotions.
Yep.

SONAMOO - 4th mini album.
1 single, 2 digital singles.

STELLAR - first either full length album or third mini album in March, (digital?) single in October. Potentially disband.
Mini album in June.

Sunmi - no solo promotions.
Single in August.

T-ARA - mini album in July, debut in China (if they haven’t already done so?).
Mini album in June... disband?

Taeyeon - first full length album in April.
Album in February, re-pack in April and winter album in December.

TAHITI - maybe a digital single before disbanding.
Nothing.

Tiffany - 2nd mini album towards the end of the year.
Nope.

TWICE - 4th mini album in April, first full length album in November with repackage in either December 2017 or January 2018.
Close - 4th mini album in April, first album end of October with re-package in December. 

Two X - one single in May.
Nope.

UNICORN - third mini album in September.
Nope - I think they disbanded?

WINGS - no promotions, no confirmation of disbandment.
Accurate.

Wonder Girls - mini or full length album Easter time, may be preceded by a digital single. Physical single towards the end of the year. 
Um... nope. Digital single and disbandment.

Yezi - first mini album?
Digital single over the summer.

4TEN - 2nd mini album in May, disbandment in November.
Nothing.

15% - no promotions. 
Nothing.

Edited by Taylor

PoshLife

I have literally NO memory of writing mine and they're pretty much all wrong, and the ones that are right are "this group disbanded" :gomess: 

PoshLife
8 hours ago, Taylor said:

Okay... third time lucky with trying to type out my predictions.

Hide contents

After School – disbands, guessing confirmation around March to May time.
Well, it wasn't confirmed, but I don't think they did anything at all?

Ailee – digital single in September with second full length album in November.
Did Ailee even do anything this year? I know she had that OST at the start of the year, but... that doesn't really count. I was expecting more from her tbh.

Amber – two digital singles (STATION or otherwise), possibly a second mini album but I doubt it.
Um... I think she only featured on Shannon William's song?

ANDA – first mini album in March with a digital single sometime between September and November.
Lol.

AOA – full length Korean album in January of February followed by Japanese singles in April and September. Potential for 3rd Japanese album in December, but could see that being released more to January/February 2018 timeframe.
Full length album was correct, but... yep. Wrong with everything else.

AOA Cream – no promotions.
Correct!

Apink – summer mini album comeback with potential re-package 6 to 8 weeks later.
I'll count that as a win! "Pink UP" released in June. I didn't predict their Japanese releases last year, because I don't really follow them.

Bada – potentially part two of her supposed series, but if so then I’m guessing it’ll be nearer the third quarter to start of fourth quarter.
Nope.

Berry Good – either two mini albums or one single (not digital) and one mini album.
One (awful) digital single that I supported on MakeStar :( 

BLACKPINK – two digital singles (“SQUARE THREE” and “SQUARE FOUR”) in February and May with a full-length album consisting of all previous songs and two new songs in September/October time.
Haha

Blady – disband, confirmation around April/May
I don't think they've technically disbanded, but no releases.

BoA - ninth Korean album, would put it towards the start of the year - maybe February or March?
Nope... one digital single in June.

BolBBalgan4 - mini album at Easter time, either another mini or full length album in October/November.
One mini album in September.

Brave Girls - comeback in January with a single (not digital) and fourth mini album in July.
Mini album in March.

Cosmic Girls - third mini album in January, full length album in September.
Close - mini album in January, full length in June.

Crayon Pop - release third mini album in April, Soyul officially leaves the group.
No releases.

D.HOLIC - disband, confirmation July-ish.
Wow. Correct! And in July too!

Dal Shabet - one comeback around May, disband later on in the year.
No releases.

Eunji - release second mini album mid-year.
2nd mini album released April. 

EXID - third mini album in the second half of the year, maybe July or August. Not sure about Chinese activities - maybe release an album of Chinese language version songs early-ish in the year?
Released two mini albums - one in April, the other in November.

f(x) - release third Japanese single in April, Korean comeback in June and Japanese album in August.
Lol.

FIESTAR - either release third mini or first full length album in May, potentially disband later on in the year.
No releases.

GFriend - release either two mini albums or one mini and one full length album, in February and August.
Yep! Mini album early March, another in August and re-package in September.

Girl’s Day - 9-track “full” album in January/February with a single in October. 
Mini album in March.

Girls’ Generation - start the year off with a mini album in February, Japanese singles in March and June with fifth full length Korean album in August and fourth Japanese album in September. Potential re-package in October for the Korean album and November for the Japanese album. Not sure if they will renew their contracts or not. 
Haha... I had such high hopes they were going to blast it this year. And we got... that mess.

Girls’ Generation-TTS - can’t really see them doing anything (unless it’s a STATION song) as I’d have thought all focus would be placed on the full group.
Yep. I guess.

gu9udan - 2nd mini album in early 2017, with either another comeback in the last quarter of the year.
Yep. Mini in February, single in November.

Heize - first full album in the 2nd half of the year.
Mini album in June.

Hello Venus - 5th mini album in January, either a physical single or 6th mini later on in the year. Potential disbandment.
Mini album in January.

Hyo Seong - 3rd mini album in May.
Nope.

Hyolyn - no solo promotions.
Yep.

Hyomin - no solo promotions.
Yep.

HyunA - 6th mini album in August.
Yep. Plus single in December.

I.O.I - potentially one last single in January, perhaps released for their farewell concert.
Yep.

IU - fourth full length album in the first half of the year and maybe a Japanese release in the second half.
Album in April, 2nd cover album in September.

Jessica - first full length album in June/July.
Mini album in August.

Ji Eun - no solo promotions.
I guess?

Jiyeon - no solo promotions.
1 digital single.

LABOUM - 2nd mini album in September.
Mini in April, digital single in July.

LADIES’ CODE - single in March, mini album in November.
Nothing, sadly. :( 

Lee Hi - remains in the dungeon.
Yep.

Lim Kim - mini album released by new label, maybe May?
Nope.

LODIA - no promotions, we won’t get an official disbandment notice.
Yep. 

LOOΠΔ - singles in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September. Potential for full group debut in October, but I wouldn’t expect it until November at the earliest.
Single in January, mini in March, single and re-package in April, singles in May, June and July, mini album in September, re-package in October and single in November. And I'd guess Chuu's single this December.

Lovelyz - er… I don’t really know the group, but I’m guessing either 2nd full length album Easter to mid-2017 or a mini album around the same time.
2nd album February, re-package in May and mini album in November.

Luna - conflicted between 2nd mini album or nothing, but probably nothing.
We all knew it was gonna be nothing :( 

MAMAMOO - 5th mini album in June/July
Yep! Purple released in June.

Melody Day - 4th single or 2nd mini towards the 3rd quarter, or maybe a single Easter time and mini in 3rd quarter vice versa. Potentially disband.
Mini album in February.

Minah - no solo promotions.
She did release a digital single recently, but I don't think it was promoted.

miss A - no promotions, disband to focus on solo activities possibly confirmed after Suzy debut.
Pretty much.

Nicole - I keep hearing she’s meant to be making a Korean comeback, but it never seems to happen. 2nd mini at some point I guess.
Nope.

Nine Muses - officially disband to focus on Nine Muses A.
Haha... kinda.

Nine Muses A - two comebacks, both mini albums one 1st - early 2nd quarter and then in November or December.
Mini album in June, re-package in August.

NS Yoon-G - one digital single followed by a mini album at some point.
I don't think she did anything?

OH MY GIRL - first full length album in April, with re-package 4-6 weeks later. Maybe 4th mini album in 3rd quarter.
Mini album in April.

Purfles - first mini album in March, digital single in November.
Nothing.

RaNia - mini album in January, disband later on in the year.
Mini album at the very end of December 2016 (released physically in January 2017), digital EP in August.

Red Velvet - 4th Mini in April, 2nd full length album in November.
Mini in February, another in July and album in November.

Shannon Williams – lol.
Digital single and digital mini album.

SISTAR - 3rd album in June with re-package early to mid-August.
2 digital singles, disband.

SISTAR19 - no promotions.
Yep.

SONAMOO - 4th mini album.
1 single, 2 digital singles.

STELLAR - first either full length album or third mini album in March, (digital?) single in October. Potentially disband.
Mini album in June.

Sunmi - no solo promotions.
Single in August.

T-ARA - mini album in July, debut in China (if they haven’t already done so?).
Mini album in June... disband?

Taeyeon - first full length album in April.
Album in February, re-pack in April and winter album in December.

TAHITI - maybe a digital single before disbanding.
Nothing.

Tiffany - 2nd mini album towards the end of the year.
Nope.

TWICE - 4th mini album in April, first full length album in November with repackage in either December 2017 or January 2018.
Close - 4th mini album in April, first album end of October with re-package in December. 

Two X - one single in May.
Nope.

UNICORN - third mini album in September.
Nope - I think they disbanded?

WINGS - no promotions, no confirmation of disbandment.
Accurate.

Wonder Girls - mini or full length album Easter time, may be preceded by a digital single. Physical single towards the end of the year. 
Um... nope. Digital single and disbandment.

Yezi - first mini album?
Digital single over the summer.

4TEN - 2nd mini album in May, disbandment in November.
Nothing.

15% - no promotions. 
Nothing.

Your TWICE prediction was scary accurate