đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

fashion monster

Four boys left their groups in just 10 days, and I consider myself a fan of three of those groups. :ohno:

I feel bad for Wonho but I understand the situation. He was already involved in a controversy last week and now this. But even if all the rumours and accusations against him (that have surfaced so far) were true, I wouldn't considered it as something bad to the point of kicking him out of Monsta X. 

The Shownu thing, on the other hand, I see it in a positive way. I don't know if it's because monbebes are focused on Wonho leaving the group or wha,t but all the comments are saying he's the victim and none is focusing on the fact that he was in a relationship or whatever, which is positive imo. (I don't blame the girl either btw. I mean, it's Shownu :oops:).

But I still can't accept Woojin leaving SKZ. Not like this, without a reason. I just hope it's nothing bad and that it was because he was unhappy with the artistic direction the group is taking.

fashion monster
On 10/30/2019 at 5:55 PM, BrothaGaga said:

you noticed that too. the only vocalists with stronger voices in nct are doyoung, taeil, jaehyun and haechan.

renjun, xiaojun and kun are under the same type imo. they can hit high notes but they don't have strong, thick vocals.

haechan balanced out dream perfectly but without him the overall vocals would be very weak.

I liked Renjun in Boom tho. And I'm also curious who was doing the high note in Jopping cause it wasn't Baek. It was either Taemin or Ten, and in case it was Ten, they could have done a similar thing here, having Xiaojun as main and a lead doubling. I think it's also what happens in Boom, even though live it seems like it's only Renjun.

On 10/30/2019 at 6:12 PM, Martijn said:

Thoughts? I think a midtempo song like this is more likely to do well in Korea than Lady and TYSM, but when is JYP going to give her the retro girl crush song that highlights her rapping more? :(

I prefer TYSM and Lady. This one is not something I would listen to. 

BUtterfield 8
3 hours ago, fashion monster said:

Four boys left their groups in just 10 days, and I consider myself a fan of three of those groups. :ohno:

I feel bad for Wonho but I understand the situation. He was already involved in a controversy last week and now this. But even if all the rumours and accusations against him (that have surfaced so far) were true, I wouldn't considered it as something bad to the point of kicking him out of Monsta X. 

The Shownu thing, on the other hand, I see it in a positive way. I don't know if it's because monbebes are focused on Wonho leaving the group or wha,t but all the comments are saying he's the victim and none is focusing on the fact that he was in a relationship or whatever, which is positive imo. (I don't blame the girl either btw. I mean, it's Shownu :oops:).

But I still can't accept Woojin leaving SKZ. Not like this, without a reason. I just hope it's nothing bad and that it was because he was unhappy with the artistic direction the group is taking.

Hwall, woojin, wonho, and?

BUtterfield 8
7 hours ago, imwoahvicky said:

she gives me that BUZZ.....

I was afraid she wasn’t gonna do music shows I’m so happy she is

• Like 1

PoshLife

If Sia had done (an English version of) Hair Short it would have been a smash hit. The message, the strings, the high notes...

I actually kiiinda hear her voice in Nayoung's, but only cuz I want to

PopReaper
35 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

If Sia had done (an English version of) Hair Short it would have been a smash hit. The message, the strings, the high notes...

I actually kiiinda hear her voice in Nayoung's, but only cuz I want to

nnnnn it really does sound like it’d be a great match for her voice. she should buy it and turn it into a disco bop

i really wish they hadn’t been shelved so soon :giveup: i think that was the fastest i’ve ever seen a label drop a group, specially considering they were partially backed by Sony Music Korea

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
24 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

nnnnn it really does sound like it’d be a great match for her voice. she should buy it and turn it into a disco bop

i really wish they hadn’t been shelved so soon :giveup: i think that was the fastest i’ve ever seen a label drop a group, specially considering they were partially backed by Sony Music Korea

And they had just been on a show. It's weird. I wish it wasn't so hard to follow former members of lesser-known groups too, like I'm sure one or both of them might go into acting or try to be a solo singer or something. (Teases of me bothering that person on twitter about the CHI CHI members)

PopReaper
1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

And they had just been on a show. It's weird. I wish it wasn't so hard to follow former members of lesser-known groups too, like I'm sure one or both of them might go into acting or try to be a solo singer or something. (Teases of me bothering that person on twitter about the CHI CHI members)

Speaking of CHI CHI, I just looked them up on Apple Music after my trip down memory lane listening to Hair Short on repeat, and to my surprise they were there..... but only Longer is available (along with 2 other versions of it) :emma:

PoshLife
13 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Speaking of CHI CHI, I just looked them up on Apple Music after my trip down memory lane listening to Hair Short on repeat, and to my surprise they were there..... but only Longer is available (along with 2 other versions of it) :emma:

lol let me guess, the acoustic version and the "remix" that's just the acoustic and original versions spliced together :smh: 

PopReaper
39 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

lol let me guess, the acoustic version and the "remix" that's just the acoustic and original versions spliced together :smh: 

dddd yep :toofunny:

YCHofficial

Speaking about Wings, member Yeseul is stil active as a singer

Edited by YCHofficial

PoshLife

I did NOT know that. That just came out last month, too.

....well that was a choice :emma: 

Edit: the b-side, Be Bound, is much worse

Edited by PoshLife

fashion monster
19 hours ago, Rainbow1 said:

Hwall, woojin, wonho, and?

WITZ(We In The Zone)'s Min. He left and the group had a comeback like a week later (2 days ago). But I don't follow them so I don't know if he's still in the song and MV, if he was edited out or if it was already planed.