Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't Beyonce promoting and selling Formation?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Emigrante
1 hour ago, Gypsy Life said:

#MusicNotTheBling

JrgLqc0.gif

I'm sorry. I just couldn't stop myself. :air:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

Oh please. Don't give me this #musicnotthebling crap. The only reason why Beyonce is not promoting Formation is because of the backlash over the controversial imagery Beyonce used during the Super Bowl half-time performance. Remember when former NYC mayor Rudi Guiliani and the even the NYPD wanted to protest Beyonce??? Beyonce cares deeply about offending her main audience - i.e.white people - and that's the ONLY reason why she's been silent this whole time. She is backtracking on her art, and I was actually proud of her for releasing Formation because for the first time ever she was paying homage to and referencing her Southern heritage. If Beyonce is mad about injustices - I want that reflected in her art. I want her to have her ARTPOP era. Yes it will be misunderstood - but in the long run people will respect her more for it. Plus, as others have noted, she's already superrich! She can afford to be controversial.

Quartz

Because it received Backlash and the smart thing to do is let the gp simmer down for a while.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Spock
26 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Oh please. Don't give me this #musicnotthebling crap. The only reason why Beyonce is not promoting Formation is because of the backlash over the controversial imagery Beyonce used during the Super Bowl half-time performance. Remember when former NYC mayor Rudi Guiliani and the even the NYPD wanted to protest Beyonce??? Beyonce cares deeply about offending her main audience - i.e.white people - and that's the ONLY reason why she's been silent this whole time. She is backtracking on her art, and I was actually proud of her for releasing Formation because for the first time ever she was paying homage to and referencing her Southern heritage. If Beyonce is mad about injustices - I want that reflected in her art. I want her to have her ARTPOP era. Yes it will be misunderstood - but in the long run people will respect her more for it. Plus, as others have noted, she's already superrich! She can afford to be controversial.

?

she has been doing this ever since self titled sis :rip: 

BEYONCÉ had no promotion at all, save for a a couple of performances here and there, same as Formation, and not all singles were even promoted. She also gives no interviews and her photoshoots are scarce. She literally doesn't give two shits and let's the music do the work. And personally, I wouldn't say a practically sold out stadium tour promoted on the song and her name alone indicate that big a backlash, let alone one that she would need to backtrack. But, hey

who will love me when the night is over

Bebe
32 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

How does that explain, let's say, Beyonce only performing one televised performance of Drunk In Love during its single cycle which was her Grammy performance?

How does that explain Beyonce only performing Partition during its single cycle at MTV as part of a medly of the other songs from her self titled album?

How does that explain Beyonce only performing Pretty Hurts on tour?

Those where all singles from her last album..

Clearly Beyonce's promotion tactics have become very different. She doesn't promote singles and her singles generally don't chart super high, she isn't the sort of artist that scores #1 hit after #1 hit. Instead Beyonce, for her last two 'album release' plans, has performed at the superbowl to consolidate her ability as a performer, announced tour dates which sell out and has then released an album.

Beyonce, like Madonna, promote themselves as touring artists. They don't need a number one single to have a successful era. They just need to get on the road.

Jesse Pinkman

1 hour ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

"Beyonce isn't single artist" that's doesn't mean that you have to make your music inaccessible to people

She released the song for  free that anyone could download.

It's science, bitch

Lord Temptation
18 minutes ago, Spock said:

?

she has been doing this ever since self titled sis :rip: 

BEYONCÉ had no promotion at all, save for a a couple of performances here and there, same as Formation, and not all singles were even promoted. She also gives no interviews and her photoshoots are scarce. She literally doesn't give two shits and let's the music do the work. And personally, I wouldn't say a practically sold out stadium tour promoted on the song and her name alone indicate that big a backlash, let alone one that she would need to backtrack. But, hey

Then it has nothing to do with Formation? It's just her strategy? Interesting...

Kayla

Promoting the song would put Beyonce in positions to really speak out against racial issues in the US, and I've never known Beyonce to be an artist that makes her stand known outside of her music and performances. The good work she does to help society she also often does in private; maybe she's not into speaking about her beliefs in interviews? 

Even then, though, promotion can be more than going on to talk shows and radio shows, and I haven't seen a lot of other promo either. It could also be like @Benji and @amenvodka said- Bey is rich and puts stuff out for her own amusement. 

EDIT: Oh ****, wish I would have read the second page! I think @Spock and @Bebe hit the nail on the head. 

Lord Temptation
14 minutes ago, Bebe said:

How does that explain, let's say, Beyonce only performing one televised performance of Drunk In Love during its single cycle which was her Grammy performance?

How does that explain Beyonce only performing Partition during its single cycle at MTV as part of a medly of the other songs from her self titled album?

How does that explain Beyonce only performing Pretty Hurts on tour?

Those where all singles from her last album..

Clearly Beyonce's promotion tactics have become very different. She doesn't promote singles and her singles generally don't chart super high, she isn't the sort of artist that scores #1 hit after #1 hit. Instead Beyonce, for her last two 'album release' plans, has performed at the superbowl to consolidate her ability as a performer, announced tour dates which sell out and has then released an album.

Beyonce, like Madonna, promote themselves as touring artists. They don't need a number one single to have a successful era. They just need to get on the road.

You're right. At this point in her two-decade long career, Beyonce doesn't need to spend any more money on singles. They're purely promotional. She just has to release an album and then go on tour. Tours are where the money is. It's just, oh I don't know...I want Beyonce to go all Black Panther on us. I want her to release her rage. What p1sses her off, I wonder? I thought Formation was, or still could be, a sign of things to come. Beyonce is more than just a money maker. She is a performance artist, like Gaga. She is political and she is feminist. I just want her to show that side of her to her fans. Not just on stage as performance art, but in her visual art too. I would love it if her new album was called something like "Rage, Rattle and Roll" and all Southern hip hop, Gothic influenced. Like something Outkast circa Stankonia in 2000 meets Prince's Sign of the Times.

Lucas

She is that kind of person who thinks that her song will sell without promo, too bad she overestimate herself as much as people overrate her, so it flopped hard despite the little controversy of the song & performance.

3 hours ago, LavendarBlonde said:

Why did she pull that huge Super Bowl stunt, only for her not to sell this song as her next big hit? Why isn't anyone asking that question?

The Super Bowl was meant to promote her tour and it worked.

RadioIsOurs
3 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

#MusicNotTheBling

#NoBlingNoCharts 

Looks bad on paper. Without having it's mark on any charts, this song will eventually be forever forgotten... 

Harry
26 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

She is that kind of person who thinks that her song will sell without promo, too bad she overestimate herself as much as people overrate her, so it flopped hard despite the little controversy of the song & performance.

Right, except she hasn't made the song available for sale so you've clearly got something wrong there. A song simply cannot be deemed a 'flop' if it hasn't even been made available to buy. Try again.

Archived