💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't want LG5 to be a safe record

TerrenceV2

Featured Posts

A Beaverhausen

I would love Gaga to do a song like down with the sickness however referring to the music industry and how they build you up to tear you down! If that makes sense- they treat you like a product not a person etc this would be awesome!!! 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TerrenceV2
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

I think LG5 is going to be less about image and era, it's going to be more about the music, like how Cheek to Cheek was delivered.

Back in the days, Gaga used to put in very much effort into creating the visuals, messages, fashion, performances of her old music, I feel like this time she wants to uphold complete authenticity of each and every inch of the music itself. Of course she's going to still shoot music videos and design choreography for her songs but I believe they will be less avant-garde. I expect Uptown Funk-type of music tbh. I mean Giorgio Moroder, Mark Ronson, Nile Rodgers these are artists that don't care about what you wear but what you sing and what you play.

In short, I expect her to become the female Bruno Mars.

Well maybe she already gave us the hint with #FunkThePunk, even though I'm not a fan of funk or Bruno Mars, I think she will still care about everything like before, she's just saving everything for LG5 or wants everyone to lower their expectations and come with a bang, didn't she say at the Golden Globes she's "creating" her Gaga persona for the next record or something like that? I personally wasn't a fn of the ARTPOP persona with messy fashion and gigantic wigs.

playground love - josef salvat

Gaga will still record many albums, so I'll be able to live with a 'safe' record for once. That being said, I don't think she will ever play it safe. She's unlike any other artist and everything that she touches turns into liquid gold. 

Still, I agree that I don't want her to write catchy music simply because her comeback is bound to be huge and she wants to milk it. In my opinion she shines the brightest when she lets her creativity take over and ignores what others expect from her. She's been saying stuff like "have condomless sex with your creativity" and that is exactly what I want from her. :flutter:

MaryJaneHolland

i don't want that 'artistic revolution through the potential the pop' **** and experimenting too much , like she did for ARTPOP... just give me that ****ing pop, record-breaking song

Levine
46 minutes ago, U-GO-BOY said:

I agree. Some fans are so obsessed with the GP liking Gaga it's annoying..

i'm not obsessed with the GP. My only problem is that when she flops she becomes sad and depressed. So I'd like a successful era just for her, I swear. Because if LG5 is the album of my life, it could even sell 2 copies I wouldn't care.

SarahYuko

Of course, I hope she never goes for tasteless pop just to have more sales, but Gaga being Gaga, her forte is in her experimental, different, unique sounds and bordering-on-ridiculous lyrics. Even if she simplifies things a little, I hope she never loses that "Gaga" element of her music and appearances. Like many monsters have said, though, I do wish her massive commercial success this era because I hate to see her sad when people say horrible things about her "flopping" career or whatever. But even if that doesn't happen, she still has us and she always will.

weed

Bad Romance and Born This Way were revolutionary in their own way. BTW for social commentary and Bad Romance bc it was just so crazy and dark. I hope lead single more the BR route, revolutionizing, but I still want a few songs on the album that are gay and womanly lmao

Opulence

I just want a funk/pop/rock/disco sound, I think Ronson will be perfect for this sound. I'd love the whole album to be with him tbh

ARTPOPisaChoice

I would like experimental messages and visuals with better and more GP friendly production. That's just me though. I think if the music is GP friendly the message will reach more people

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Jenniferella

I don't want anything basic and radio friendly. ARTPOP was full of it, now just move on !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

I want something avant-garde but electronic/pop at the same time, like Monster  Ball Interludes mixed with Marina Abramovic Method + sound like HML mixed with ARTPOP (song) 12532082_797082840397690_2054542359_n.gi

PopThatArt
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy said:

I think LG5 is going to be less about image and era, it's going to be more about the music, like how Cheek to Cheek was delivered.

Back in the days, Gaga used to put in very much effort into creating the visuals, messages, fashion, performances of her old music, I feel like this time she wants to uphold complete authenticity of each and every inch of the music itself. Of course she's going to still shoot music videos and design choreography for her songs but I believe they will be less avant-garde. I expect Uptown Funk-type of music tbh. I mean Giorgio Moroder, Mark Ronson, Nile Rodgers these are artists that don't care about what you wear but what you sing and what you play.

In short, I expect her to become the female Bruno Mars.

But that's just terrible. I want that Gaga who goes crazy on the piano like she always did before, not sit there like a meek little sheep playing the piano like Bruno Mars or Alicia Keys. How Gaga did at the Oscars, it was refreshing to see her take that kind of control on the piano, like she wasn't afraid of the instrument, some people play piano and other instruments and it's like they're afraid to let loose, Gaga has never been, I don't want meek Gaga playing piano like Bruno or some other person scared of it. 

Go see A Star is Born

Bradley
7 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

But that's just terrible. I want that Gaga who goes crazy on the piano like she always did before, not sit there like a meek little sheep playing the piano like Bruno Mars or Alicia Keys. How Gaga did at the Oscars, it was refreshing to see her take that kind of control on the piano, like she wasn't afraid of the instrument, some people play piano and other instruments and it's like they're afraid to let loose, Gaga has never been, I don't want meek Gaga playing piano like Bruno or some other person scared of it. 

Bruno is one of the most authentic musicians in the music industry. Gaga looks up to him, she said he's one of the few people who is famous for his talent. I don't think Bruno is meek.

Btw I wasn't referring to the style of their live performances. I was referring to their music. Would you call Uptown Funk mediocre and lack ambition?

ThatAsianGuy

just let her top the chart to save her career then she can do experimental afterwards.

Archived