💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Madonna Passed, Who Should Tribute the Queen?

SISTERV

Who should tribute Madonna?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Who should tribute Madonna?

• Lady Gaga
    • Britney Spears
    • Rihanna
    • Katy Perry
    • Beyonce
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Miley Cyrus
    • Alanis Morisette

Featured Posts

SISTERV

Ok...I'm a HUGE Madonna fan and I love her as much as I love Gaga. In the inevitable fact she passes, or if the VMAs just decided to pick an artist to tribute her, who should it be?

Gaga is the most obvious choice. They're both blonde Italian New Yorkers who stand for gay rights, and despite their ups and downs, she is the closest to Madonnas aesthetic, style, and core. They both dance, have dance hits, and have even poked fun at their ongoing feud on SNL. Gaga is also truly the only artist Madonna has seen as a respectful "queen of the next generation". Madonna has also stated before and after their media fueled feud that "Gaga reminds me of myself. She has the same sense of humor as me, and she's quite raw and unafraid."

Britney is another great choice. Obviously at one point Madonna really liked her and Christina in a time when culture wanted to name the "princess". A title still debated between Brit Brit and Xtina. Since that time though, it seems Madonna and Justin Timberlake rejected Britney, poking light at Britney's attempt to be too much like Madonna. JT also scoffed at Britney suggesting she's weaker than Madonna, who is a "better dancer and vocalist".

I also mentioned Alanis Morisette because, unforgettably Madonna signed her as the first artist to her label in the 90s because she saw something in her. It would be nostalgic, meaningful, and touching. Perhaps she could put an interesting acoustic twist to Madge's legacy. 

Rihanna has said that she wants to be the "black Madonna", and in terms of style evolution and #1s, she fits the bill. It might be interesting also to not do the obvious: have a blonde white girl on the stage, but instead show Madonnas influence on other cultures....including a girl from Barbados who largely has named Madonna as her "main influence".

Beyonce. Queen B. Because...hey...Beyonce actually is the black Madonna if there is a black Madonna. She might not have the endless #1s and a diverse discography (yet), But unlike Rihanna she has actually changed more than her looks, but people's lives by talking about serious political issues.

Katy Perry. Madonna likes the girl and she has bops. She's fidgeted in controversy enough to play the whole Madonna thing out. It might seem a bit Disney-tized but that's what the kids buy into these days. This one also kind of depends if Katy ends up sticking around much longer and starts showing at least some creative risk.

Miley. Weirdly, it could work. If there is one artist that reminds you of Madonna in looks and controversy....it's Miley. If you look at Miley now, she eerily could be a twin of Madonna circa Erotica era. And Miley has proven herself as someone willing to take real artistic risks, showcasing her ability to make Disney Pop, to Mike Will Made It club bangerz, to trippy psychedelic pop gold. She may not have started out Like A Virgin, but forget the Party in the U.S.A. Miley is full on Blonde Ambition now.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

Taylor Swift. She has been announced as the successor we just haven't been told. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

LePetitGAGABLover

ANYONE, BUT GAGA PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

OT: Britney or Miley I guess.

Mess!!! Why are you guys choosing Gaga.:saladga:

Madonna and Gaga are like water and oil: they don't mix ever since 2011. 

Haven't you guys learned ANYTHING from the Bowie tribute??!?!?!?!?!

GloZell Green

Honestly Lady Gaga fits her more, but I know there'd be a huge conflict with the fans, even worse than the Bowie one, so I don't really want her doing it. I guess Katy because she supports her.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

mariomania1234

They should do it like the VMA 09 Michael Jackson Tribute. Not one person, but a collection of dancers.

Britney. I don't want Gaga to pay tribute to someone that only shaded her in life.

I mean, Bowie didn't like Gaga but he kept it cute, he didn't dedicate a part of his show to humiliate Gaga.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

LePetitGAGABLover
1 minute ago, Red said:

Britney. I don't want Gaga to pay tribute to someone that only shaded her in life.

I mean, Bowie didn't like Gaga but he kept it cute, he didn't dedicate a part of his show to humiliate Gaga.

Did Madonna did that!?!?!? Disgusting. :awkney:

SISTERV
3 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

Taylor Swift. She has been announced as the successor we just haven't been told. 

If Taylor reminds me of anyone who was big in the 80s, it's Debbie Gibson.

Not even saying that as shade. Debbie always gets forgotten. She was MASSIVE for like four albums from 1982-1990 and then completely faded out.

She was even bigger than Madonna at first. And Taylor Swift even eerily looks like Debbie Gibson and has a similar life story as her....started out country, went pop.

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, LePetitMonstr said:

She didnt, she is not that bad b"tch. She just did it for the press.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Born This Way at the MDNA tour...

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

nobody3089

Can u please take gaga's name off the list. Didn't u learn a single thing from the David Bowie tribute?

:neyde:

Archived