💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kesha is not allowed to perform ANYTHING without Dr. Lukes permission

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

We Asked An Actual Entertainment Lawyer: Why Can’t Sony Help Kesha?

As of this moment, Kesha is unable to perform features on anyone else’s records, create any live recordings (even of other people’s songs), sing the national anthem on TV or put up an acoustic cover on YouTube without Dr. Luke’s explicit permission. Because Kesha is signed to Gottwald’s publishing company, she is also unable to make a living writing songs for other people (something she’s done in the past — “Til The World Ends,” among others).
If Kesha and I wrote a song together right now, I would own 50% of that song and the other half would belong to Dr. Luke.

No matter what she does with her career at this point, everything she does will directly benefit her abuser, regardless of whether she’s in the same room with him or not. The systematic sexual harassment and abuse of women in the music industry is nothing new, but Kesha’s situation is a very particular nightmare.

Read full story: http://www.autostraddle.com/we-asked-an-actual-lawyer-why-cant-sony-help-kesha-329382/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

Well, she may not perform, she may just, you know, stand there..

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

malazam

Peform? Okay.

She can stand at the end of the TIHTY performance.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Dramatica

GUYS!

It's not like NOW Dr. Luke is forcing Ke$ha not to perform without his explicit permission. It has always been that way. And she probably knew that when she signed the contract.

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

1 minute ago, malazam said:

Peform? Okay.

She can stand at the end of the TIHTY performance.

She is taking a week off in Bahamas apparently

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Roomingfree77

Tell her to just preform all her new stuff she wrote and produced away from Dr. Luke, they both said she would be allowed to do that ...*lol/slaps knee*

Just now, Chriss said:

So how exactly does she get out of this contract? 

She is trying to do that on court

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

But i thought "Kesha doesnt need Taylor's money" and that "she's rich".

The poor girl has been receiving nothing from her music since 3 years as i was thinking. :rip: 

1 minute ago, Chriss said:

So how exactly does she get out of this contract? 

The court could say that the contract is invalid (unlikely), or Luke terminates the contract by himself, or someone pushes him (like a court order) to tell Luke to kill of the contract.

It all depends on him :/

Supersonic
Just now, Gaga of Time said:

GUYS!

It's not like NOW Dr. Luke is forcing Ke$ha not to perform without his explicit permission. It has always been that way. And she probably knew that when she signed the contract.

She literally signed the contract when she was underage, ate age 17. Now she is 28. I sure as hell wouldn't have had the mental capacity to understand any of the consquences of signing such a binding contract at that age, especially when you are so blinded and delusional because of the passion for your craft.

How dare you blame her for the outcome of this.

Why do people sign contracts like this? are they stupid? specially when it says your under this contract for almost your whole life, you should atleast read it.

Archived