💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Best Dancers (popstars)

SamJ

Featured Posts

The Child

MJ, Janet Jackson are the best of the best.

Then comes Britney circa 1998-2004, then Jlo & Beyonce.

Then Shakira too.

And Gaga is a great dancer in Bad Rimance, Telephone, Born This Way & Judas.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga is good, but she's not a natural (even she's said this in an interview before).  I would say Gaga is definitely the best of the "non-dancer" performers these days.  The Jacksons just had the rhythm in their bones.  

Robo Ga

I am truly shocked with the amount of people shading Gaga's dancing right now! I think she is one of the best out there today in terms of pop stars. NO ONE can dance like her and produce the vocals she does at the same time, except for maybe Beyoncé. Gaga has so many iconic choreographies, Bad Romance, Born This Way, Papparazzi, Marry The Night, etc. Just rewatch the dance studio scene in the Marry The Night video if you need a reminder of how good she is! 

🤖⚡️

16 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I am truly shocked with the amount of people shading Gaga's dancing right now! I think she is one of the best out there today in terms of pop stars. NO ONE can dance like her and produce the vocals she does at the same time, except for maybe Beyoncé. Gaga has so many iconic choreographies, Bad Romance, Born This Way, Papparazzi, Marry The Night, etc. Just rewatch the dance studio scene in the Marry The Night video if you need a reminder of how good she is! 

Not shading.  There is just a big difference in a natural born DANCER and someone who can take direction well and work at it to make it look good with other professional dancers around them.  Gaga is good.  Just not a Michael, Paula, Janet or Britney.  Gaga can is the best combination of singing/dancing for sure.  

Here's a great example of Janet's dancing ability - she never was made to let the background dancers do all the hard stuff - she LED those dancers AND her choreographers.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GxQl61CkNw

If we're talking the more prototypical pop choreography from the 80's - Present, then Janet is clearly the best of the big female pop stars (I don't count Paula Abdul since she had such a short peak).  Britney would be next, although she is more robotic.  

For more urban/sassy choreography then Beyonce delivers that kind of stuff like no one else.  She is obviously a great natural dancer.  But I don't think her choreography is as sharp or iconic as Janet/Britney, with the exception of "Single Ladies".  I would also say that Ciara and Aaliyah are fantastic dancers.

Madonna had a more theatrical influence on her dance style/choreography.  She had a really good line back in the day.

I never thought much of JLo as a dancer.  I know she was a Fly Girl and all that but she always looked kind of sloppy to me.  Shakira is great at the hip shaking latin but not much range beyond that.  

Gaga was lucky to have BoomKack choreograph for her.  I know she's crazy but she had a knack for creating really iconic choreos that were also not beyond Gaga's skills.  Gaga has passion and determination and performed her choreography well.  I definitely don't think she's bad at all.  But she's definitely not a natural dancer like some of the other top girls.  I don't think she really needs a lot of choreography, tbh.  I think she'd be better with a hand mic and her natural charisma, small choreographic flourishes here and there.  She's probably more natural in a rock/frontwoman mode.

Archived