Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mike Posner Returns After 5 Years

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I had recently seen that Mike Posner has a song called "I Took A Pill in Ibiza" in the top 10 on iTunes. That name immediately brought me back to 2010/2011. Mike Posner was a promising new talent on the scene with his debut hit "Cooler Than Me" peaking at #6 on the Hot 100 in the summer of 2010 (#3 on Top 40 Radio, and #19 on the 2010 Year-End Hot 100 chart). Posner then followed that up with his second single, a song i enjoyed much more, "Please Don't Go". The song peaked at #16 on the Hot 100 and found its way into the top 10 at #9 on Top 40 radio. His third single from the album "Bow Chicka Wow Wow" featured Lil Wayne and peaked at #30 on the Hot 100 and #21 on Top 40 radio (also a song i prefer to "Cooler Than Me"). His songs had a very relaxing vibe to them, especially because of he way he sings. 

After this success, Mike Posner began to fade away. The next I had heard of him was when I went to Kesha's Warrior concert in 2013, and he was the opening act. Apparently he was trying to promote songs for a potential new album, but the two songs ("The Way It Used to Be" and "Top of the World" feat. Big Sean) failed to chart and the album never came out. Oddly enough (or not so oddly, see receipts for Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Kesha), SONY was behind that. Speaking to Billboard in 2015, Posner said, "I was what they call 'shelved,' which meant if I didn't have a big song on the radio my album wasn't going to be released." But Posner was finally let go and he was signed to Island Records. 

Fast forward to summer last year and Mike Posner released an acoustic song called "I Took A Pill in Ibiza", off of his new EP "The Truth" and those both didn't see success. In October, a remix album of the EP was released, which included a remix of "I Took A Pill in Ibiza" by Seeb. The song has quickly gained steam. In just five weeks on the chart, the song has climbed to #24 on the Hot 100, rising from #33 last week. The song currently sits at #10 on iTunes. Personally, i had seen the song sitting there on iTunes and hadn't given it a listen, and today I finally did. I think it might be my new obsession. It's calm but upbeat. What I think I love most about it is the lyrics, its very honest.

The lyrics say things like:

I'm just a singer who already blew his shot
I get along with old timers
'Cause my name's a reminder of a pop song people forgot

Take a listen to it, I'm sure you'll love it

Mike-Posner-The-Truth-Remixes.jpg

I used to be such a fan of his first album when I was in high school lol. I got his new ep a while ago and it's great. There are no club bangers on the ep and thats why I think the remix of ITAPII took off and is doing well. I want to see him comeback. 

DiscoHeaven23
16 minutes ago, bionic said:

IA w/ @DiscoHeaven23 that Bow Chika Wow Wow was the better song. I don't really like this new one. Maybe some things just aren't meant to be

Are you listening to the Seeb remix one though? not the original, i haven't even listened to that cuz i saw the word "acoustic" and ran ha. The Seeb remix is the one that's having success

JesseBabe

He did a concert at my university a few years back and all his hits were from like 2010 :toofunny:. He had some good songs so I would be here for a comeback from him.

CaliLilMonster

I also found it because it was on the iTunes charts and remembered the name from years ago, but it took me awhile to actually listen to it. When I actuality listened to it I was hooked. Now I hear it on the radio all the time. Love the song.

DiscoHeaven23

"I Took a Pill in Ibiza" rises to #15 this week!

It's now his highest charting song since his debut song, 2010's "Cooler Than Me" 

Archived