đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans
11 minutes ago, LDR said:

So, it's 100% confirmed, David Bowie didn't like Gaga. 

Gaga's performance was alright, but I think it would have been smart for her to have never honored a man who didn't like her because no matter how well she did, she would still get backlash from his camps.

The man is dead, how the hell could a facebook post after his death who is most likely run by his pressed son a confirmation that he didn't like Gaga ?....

BksKpqf.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to be honest, this is really sad for me as a fan of Gaga. No words can describe how much she loves Bowie. I've followed Gaga since The Fame and we all know how she incorporate Bowie in every single interview she does. I was young then and I do not know about this guy. When I became obsessed with Gaga, I researched about him to learn more about Gaga. In this way, I feel that I opened a privy and intimate side of Gaga who is also a fan.

To learn that Bowie, his son and even may be the management does not like Gaga doing her most creative, passionate tribute to his idol hits me in the core. :noparty:

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

Blue Jeans
4 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

I never said that he wasn't a legend. I said that after a few years, people will forget his death and this whole Gaga vs Lorde mess. 

Oh please.. stop, you know exactly what you said "Bowie will be forgotten in a few years" "if it wasn't for gaga i wouldn't even know who this man is"..

But whatever, i'm not here to argue, i'm just here to inform you that you're wrong and that he definitely won't be forgotten.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

nobody3089
2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

The man is dead, how the hell could a facebook post after his death who is most likely run by his pressed son a confirmation that he didn't like Gaga ?....

1452854499-tiffany-pollard.jpg

U still on denial!!! He did not like her at all. Not even his wife Iman, who have met gaga, commented anything about gaga's tribute, but she did posted on Instagram about Lorde

Neight Shayde

Why are they so rude to her! God I hope she's okay with duncan's comments. idk it must be so heartbreaking for her to be ignored like this

CannaeDrive

There is nothing "Official" about that statement though, Bowie is dead ffs. A Facebook page run by fans or friends (who knows who) is not Bowie. Of course the UK press and some nostalgic snobs will put the Brit's tribute over Gaga's: how come an American Award show can present a tribute to a British singer performed by an American singer, how can they dare? Anyway, all this will be forgotten fast and it is safe to say that Gaga's tribute will have a more lasting impact. Fun fact: Gaga's tribute video has more than 6 million views, it's the second most viewed vid on the Grammys Youtube channel.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

36 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

David Bowie is an icon, a legend, one of the most famous men in music history. The fact YOU didn't have a clue "who this man is" says more about you and your knowledge of people who shaped modern music than David Bowie. Bowie has sold millions of records, influenced an entire generation and is responsible for the entire "re-inventing" pop stars do for their album eras. If it wasn't for Gaga, other popstars would've carried on his name and legacy, just like Lorde did yesterday at the BRIT's. Some of you need to get your head out of the sand and realize Gaga isn't the center of the earth. YOU wouldn't have known who Bowie was if it wasn't for Gaga but believe me you thousands and thousands of OTHER PEOPLE would have. Your opinion doesn't equal other people's.

Your post is INSULTING.

On another note, I think we can all agree Bowie just never really appreciated Gaga and I understand why. If she would've continued her career in the way she carried herself in 2008, 9 and 10, I think things would've turned out differently and he might've seen her real potential. Bowie endorsed Lorde straight away, yet he never commented on Gaga. Bowie also had Madonna induct him into the Rock & Roll hall of fame and featured Madonna's Justify My Love in a playlist he put together. He was a huge fan of females in music. The thing with Gaga is, is that to a lot of people, she's somewhat like a Taylor Swift. A girl with a huge hunger for pleasing the crowd and making sure she's well-loved by as many people as possible. Gaga's year has been amazing but it also let's us know that, while she may have said otherwise in the past, she cares a whole lot about public approval. She's worked tirelessly for the past months to be well-loved by the general public. She's been quite apologetic about it all and the Bowie's, Lorde's and Madonna's of this world were/are famously unapologetic and continued what they did, even if the masses found it "too weird". LG5 is going to be truth time for her in my opinion. Will she continue giving people what they want, or will she bring something new to the table?

And as far as his sons comments goes... I just think he found it too much. If Gaga had stood up there just singing the songs in a casual dress, he wouldn't have commented or maybe even commented positively. I think some Bowie fans and his son just took offence that she turned up in an orange wig, with Bowie-esque make-up and clothes and sort of presented herself as a female Bowie. That's why his tweet about Gaga is the annotation for  "gaga" on Google. The word "gaga" stands for "overexcited or irrational, typically as a result of infatuation or excessive enthusiasm, mentally confused." AKA, "How dare she present herself as a female incarnation of my dead father."

We (Gaga fans) see her performance as this huge celebration of who Bowie was, but putting on wigs and playing dress-up isn't really what tributes are made up off generally. Imagine if Gaga died today and Selena Gomez turned up at an event with blonde hair and a meat dress and did a medley, would you be here for that? Gaga took a risk with that look and I also think the fact she kept the hair for appearances at NYFW didn't thrill Bowie fans.

Iman (Bowie's wife) has also kept silent, despite meeting Gaga several times and being close with Brandon, yet she Tweeted and Instagrammed about the BRIT's. It's clear to see they're just not here for Gaga and honestly, that's okay. The man died and Gaga tried.

Let it be.

Himeros26

Lorde was REALLY good. God I don't get it. Not everything is about belting and runs. You would expect people who love Gaga to be open and accepting to people with similar style voices. People stay pressed and bitter. Both Gaga and Lorde did AMAZING. 

giskardsb

Bowies camp is the one being disrespectful.   To not even acknowledge or thank Gaga and the Grammy's for the tribute just makes them look petty, whether they really liked it or not.

Whispering
24 minutes ago, nobody3089 said:

U still on denial!!! He did not like her at all. Not even his wife Iman, who have met gaga, commented anything about gaga's tribute, but she did posted on Instagram about Lorde

Who cares who liked who? This isn't kindergarten.

Here's the point...Gaga looked at Bowie and his music as an inspiration. They didn't have to know each other, like each other of be friends for Gaga to agree to do a tribute to a man that inspired her. 

The family can send out "we hate Gaga" comments for the rest of their days on this earth and it wouldn't take away the fact that Gaga respected Bowie as an artist, loved his music and wanted to do something to honor him and his legacy.

4 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Bowies camp is the one being disrespectful.   To not even acknowledge or thank Gaga and the Grammy's for the tribute just makes them look petty, whether they really liked it or not.

I'm just going to quote myself here, pay attention to the bold part please.

17 minutes ago, jojuun said:

If Gaga had stood up there just singing the songs in a casual dress, he wouldn't have commented or maybe even commented positively. I think some Bowie fans and his son just took offence that she turned up in an orange wig, with Bowie-esque make-up and clothes and sort of presented herself as a female Bowie. That's why his tweet about Gaga is the annotation for  "gaga" on Google. The word "gaga" stands for "overexcited or irrational, typically as a result of infatuation or excessive enthusiasm, mentally confused." AKA, "How dare she present herself as a female incarnation of my dead father."

We (Gaga fans) see her performance as this huge celebration of who Bowie was, but putting on wigs and playing dress-up isn't really what tributes are made up off generally. Imagine if Gaga died today and Selena Gomez turned up at an event with blonde hair and a meat dress and did a medley, would you be here for that? Gaga took a risk with that look and I also think the fact she kept the hair for appearances at NYFW didn't thrill Bowie fans.

Iman (Bowie's wife) has also kept silent, despite meeting Gaga several times and being close with Brandon, yet she Tweeted and Instagrammed about the BRIT's. It's clear to see they're just not here for Gaga and honestly, that's okay. The man died and Gaga tried.

Let it be.

Whispering
34 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I feel sure that Lorde would not support these comparisons.

Nor would Gaga. I'm sure these two women would love to get together and talk about Bowie and his music! 

Archived