that gif is so brutal, omg. :noparty:

I hope you didn't take it seriously :flop::green: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay
15 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah me too she was so great in How I Met Your Mother but I wish she'd play a role that really is far from the Britney Spears persona, a role that is truly challenging.

I think she should stick to her strengths 

The Child
20 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I think she should stick to her strengths 

As an actor you shouldn't do that, you should always challenge yourself, even more if you suck at playing a simple role like Lucy.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

27 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

I hope you didn't take it seriously :flop::green: 

Ofc, I didn't.

I just called the police and I'm gonna sue you for threatening ma lyf even though we live in different countries, I'mma getchu.

C u in court, sis.

taylorswift.jpg

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

StrawberryBlond

Some very big names there. They don't seem to let nobodies win or people who have just started their careers (Adele's the one big exception to the latter). They demand a lot to let a popstar win. On the bright side, everyone, even if she doesn't win, she was nominated, which already is something that Madonna, the Queen Of Pop, never achieved, either for singing or acting and that is something that can't be taken away. 2 Madonna songs actually won Oscars (Sooner Or Later from **** Tracy and You Must Love Me from Evita) but unfortunately, she didn't play a part in the songwriting of them (although she did try to get credit for You Must Love Me but Lloyd Webber and Rice were so offended that she suggested their song needed changed and they refused to let her in on the credits - it's a funny story!) so she never got to share the glory. It just goes to show that writing your own material can really pay off at the end of the day.

yASSsss
15 hours ago, 420 said:

Ofc, I didn't.

I just called the police and I'm gonna sue you for threatening ma lyf even though we live in different countries, I'mma getchu.

C u in court, sis.

taylorswift.jpg

what even :toofunny:

Taylor looks so creepy in this photo :wtf: 

yASSsss
15 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Did "we don't need another hero" win? I know Tina didn't write it but still...

It was nominated for a Golden Globe and a Grammy but didn't win either of them

Spoiler

source-Wikipedia :neyde: 

yASSsss
15 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

2 Madonna songs actually won Oscars (Sooner Or Later from **** Tracy and You Must Love Me from Evita) but unfortunately, she didn't play a part in the songwriting of them (although she did try to get credit for You Must Love Me but Lloyd Webber and Rice were so offended that she suggested their song needed changed and they refused to let her in on the credits - it's a funny story!) so she never got to share the glory. .

Can you tell me more about this?it sounds interesting :popcorn: 

RAMROD
17 hours ago, tomsches said:

Well, almost all of these musicians won in the best song category. I think it's more impressive when a singer wins in an acting category

You mean you going to bow before Cher? :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

Cher is queen because she won it for acting :legend:

Exactly!  A pop star winning an Oscar for a song....

tumblr_mm4t9crJa91qbkh27o6_250_zps7b0699

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

StrawberryBlond
6 hours ago, yASSsss said:

Can you tell me more about this?it sounds interesting :popcorn: 

That's pretty much it. Webber and Rice hadn't collabed in years but they were asked to reunite for this chance to write an original song for Madonna's role in the film to stand a chance of winning an Oscar. They wrote the thing in its entirety and sent it to Madonna. She sent it back with "revisions" as Webber and Rice called them and requesting that if they used them, if she could claim credit for the song too.. But they claimed her ideas were...I can't remember the exact word I saw in the original article but it was a word like "preposterous." They refused to change the lyrics and told her that the original lyrics must stand or they weren't going to give it to her. So she relented. She must have been seething when it won the Oscar. There's a little snippet about it on the song's Wikipedia about her trying to change the lyrics but being unsuccessful but not many people know about it.

I understand why she wanted the credit (who wouldn't, all things considered?) but it was very audacious of her to go about it the way she did. It would have been better if she'd attempted to contribute in an actual songwriting session with them and they might even have agreed, but...to return a completed song written specially for you by professional songwriters, professional music composers and playwrights, people who had won the most prestigious theatrical awards, people who were actually involved in productions of Evita...when she herself was not even an experienced theatre type? I can see why they were offended.

yASSsss
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's pretty much it. Webber and Rice hadn't collabed in years but they were asked to reunite for this chance to write an original song for Madonna's role in the film to stand a chance of winning an Oscar. They wrote the thing in its entirety and sent it to Madonna. She sent it back with "revisions" as Webber and Rice called them and requesting that if they used them, if she could claim credit for the song too.. But they claimed her ideas were...I can't remember the exact word I saw in the original article but it was a word like "preposterous." They refused to change the lyrics and told her that the original lyrics must stand or they weren't going to give it to her. So she relented. She must have been seething when it won the Oscar. There's a little snippet about it on the song's Wikipedia about her trying to change the lyrics but being unsuccessful but not many people know about it.

I understand why she wanted the credit (who wouldn't, all things considered?) but it was very audacious of her to go about it the way she did. It would have been better if she'd attempted to contribute in an actual songwriting session with them and they might even have agreed, but...to return a completed song written specially for you by professional songwriters, professional music composers and playwrights, people who had won the most prestigious theatrical awards, people who were actually involved in productions of Evita...when she herself was not even an experienced theatre type? I can see why they were offended.

thanks for sharing this story :happy:

I hope Gaga eventually wins one for acting, because that list is even shorter (singers who've won acting oscars)

Archived