đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Formation' #109, could it have gone #1 if it wasn't on Tidal?

Guest vivre sa vie

Featured Posts

Iwontell

Well, work went #1 and everyone said it was crap when it first came out, so god only knows...
I think with all the polemics involving the song when it was released, Bey and the Superbowl performance it could have done pretty well if it wasn't a Tidal exclusive...

At the same time, Bey, much like Gaga, is cursed when it comes to the Hot 100, so...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, vivre sa vie said:

Beyonce's 'Formation' peaked at number 9 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart. Do you think it could have gone at number one on the Hot 100 chart if it wasn't a Tidal exclusive? Is Tidal killing the chart performance of artists? Does it help only Tidal or artists as well (to boost their sales)?

#9 on bubbling under chart is not the same as 109 because it only includes new songs that have not made it to the Hot100. If a song on has recentently dropped off the Hot100 it could have the 109 position without being the #9 song on bubbling under. Formation could being #120 and still be #9 on the bubbling under. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Battle 4 Ur Life

no because it's good. only teenage crap charts nowadays.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Serendipity
3 hours ago, just4fun said:

#9 on bubbling under chart is not the same as 109 because it only includes new songs that have not made it to the Hot100. If a song on has recentently dropped off the Hot100 it could have the 109 position without being the #9 song on bubbling under. Formation could being #120 and still be #9 on the bubbling under. 

The Bubbling Under Hot 100 are an extension of the Hot 100:rip:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

3 hours ago, just4fun said:

I know. I used the number 109 in order to shorten the title (instead of writing "'Formation' #9 in Bubbling under hot 100 " I wrote "Fomation #109") . that's why I didn't use it in the subject below the title :)

StrawberryBlond

No, not even close to #1. It just isn't aimed at everyone, therefore, it wouldn't work. It's controversial, but not in a good way. Too many people disliked it and for good reason. It just wasn't a song made for releasing normally, hence why it was on Tidal for free in the first place. Beyonce knew it wouldn't chart high and people would call her a flop, so that's why she did it this way. But even if the song didn't have all these negatives, I still doubt it would go to #1. Beyonce stopped making hits a long time ago, 2009 to be precise. Not one song from 4 went top 10 in the US. Drunk In Love was her only top ten single from Beyonce. And now, approaching the age of 35, I really doubt she's going to start getting #1's again after a near enough 7 year drought. Beyonce has always been an album seller. She only gets about 2 hits per album if she's lucky. And those hits dried up after Sasha Fierce. Her fans like to make out all her singles are iconic but they're not. They're really not. She has shockingly little hits for such iconic status. I'm surprised her tours sell out like they do because it's not like the casual fans have many songs to remember her by.

PabloDaBlowfish

Well, this song was released like 2 weeks ago(?) yet you're still arguing about it. It has what it takes to be #1 - it's eventful. 

OmgSum1Actually

No, not because of the message, just because lyrics are hard to understand, it's not catchy and what's up with that production? But the video for it is great!

Shameless selfpromo

JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, Baby Blue said:

The Bubbling Under Hot 100 are an extension of the Hot 100:rip:

It's not Hun. I just explained what it is.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

no way, it's a catchy song but it would never go #1, even if they gave it away on Tidal

Don't visit my profile

Archived