• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lion Heart

5huKf4o.png

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Fiona Apple
9 minutes ago, ajhuffman219 said:

Here come the "I'm burning my stan card because she's religious" posts; even though its common knowledge that Gaga is a spiritual person. :toofunny:

It doesn't make sense for her to be a christian though..Christianism is against everything she represents.. 

artRaver

I don't think she's religious but, spiritual? Definitely yes. 

Spoiler

Religion is an institution established by man for various reasons. Exert control, instill morality, stroke egos, or whatever it does. Organized, structured religions all but remove god from the equation. You confess your sins to a clergy member, go to elaborate churches to worship, told what to pray and when to pray it. All those factors remove you from god.

Spirituality is born in a person and develops in the person. It may be kick started by a religion, or it may be kick started by a revelation. Spirituality extends to all facets of a person’s life.Spirituality is chosen while religion is often times forced. Being spiritual to me is more important and better than being religious.

True spirituality is something that is found deep within oneself. It is your way of loving, accepting and relating to the world and people around you. It cannot be found in a church or by believing in a certain way.

Modern spirituality is centered on the "deepest values and meanings by which people live." It embraces the idea of an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality. It envisions an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of his/her being.

(I found all of this on some website, because I know I wouldn't be able to explain it properly, lol)

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Dark Anatomy
8 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

It doesn't make sense for her to be a christian though..Christianism is against everything she represents.. 

Not really. You're confusing true Christianism with backwards rednecks. Jesus Christ preaches about love and acceptance for even the worst of sinners. So does Gaga. In the Bible's New Testament you are supposed to support equality and no where in there does it say that homosexuality, or other tidbits are worthy of hell because Jesus Christ dying for people's sins changed that. But even then, you can still follow the Bible hardcore and treat others with love and respect. The Bible doesn't say for people to condemn homosexuals, or be racist, etc....the people that do that are literally stupid. Lol. 

The only thing dis-geniune to her faith the provocativeness, BUT she only uses it as a metaphor not as a literal thing. 

LePetitGAGABLover
8 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

Gaga is Catholic, NOT Christian. There's a difference. :stalkga:

She went to a Catholic school and grew up in a very religious family, so it's hardly surprising she reads the Bible :toofunny: 

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Not really. You're confusing true Christianism with backwards rednecks. Jesus Christ preaches about love and acceptance for even the worst of sinners. So does Gaga. In the Bible's New Testament you are supposed to support equality and no where in there does it say that homosexuality, or other tidbits are worthy of hell because Jesus Christ dying for people's sins changed that. But even then, you can still follow the Bible hardcore and treat others with love and respect. The Bible doesn't say for people to condemn homosexuals, or be racist, etc....the people that do that are literally stupid. Lol. 

The only thing dis-geniune to her faith the provocativeness, BUT she only uses it as a metaphor not as a literal thing. 

Umm I actually doubt you ever spent 1 day to read what the bible actually says...Btw Christianism doesn't only accept the new testament.. And the old one actually supports rape,violence and hate... And it actually pretty much says that god has killed millions of people himself :laughga:

45 minutes ago, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

baptize me in your spit queen :gaycat: 

American English translation of the Bible

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, Greg said:

She went to a Catholic school and grew up in a very religious family, so it's hardly surprising she reads the Bible :toofunny: 

That is not really a reason... A smart person with critical thinking actually chooses his/her beliefs and doesn't take for granted what they forced him/her to believe.. I mean she can be christian if she wants to be but that's not a reason to be one

10 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

I don't think they are mutually exclusive, personally. You can be a spiritual individual and not directly align yourself with every single 'teaching' of a religion. That's how I live my life. I was raised Baptist and I certainly don't practice or even accept some of the things I did as I was growing up; its more of a spiritual outlet I go to when I don't necessarily want to see the comfort from physical humans like family or friends. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

4 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

That is not really a reason... A smart person with critical thinking actually chooses his/her beliefs and doesn't take for granted what they forced him/her to believe.. I mean she can be christian if she wants to be but that's not a reason to be one

Gaga may feel connected to her religion and may want to follow it which is her choice. Millions of people around the world read the bible for different reasons. We don't know her exact reasons for doing so, and it doesn't really matter. 

Archived