💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Lady Gaga the biggest household name ?

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga
9 hours ago, WorkItGaga said:

Isn't  the Sticky and Sweet tour the best selling of all time? 

highest grossing tour by a female artist of all time :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asfittingasmcqueen

k but she's literally the most known *current* person in the whole world. Just because katy, adele or taylor seem to have more hits in the usa doesn't mean they have the iconic status. The only ones who know who taylor swift is (outside of the usa) are children and young people but ask any older person and most of the time they'll have no clue about her existance at all. (just an example)

Don't get me wrong, what I'm trying to say is that music isn't everything someone needs to become an icon. Michael Jackson, Madonna and Britney achieved this status because of their iconography, aesthetics and controversies 

Spoiler

besides actual talent, unlike many popstars out there

• 10 months later...
SlaeUrAnus

Why are all these threads from ages ago getting bumped today? :emma:

In my messy era.

I agree with the op and I dare to say Gaga is the biggest living pop star rn (biggest in the sense that her name is known in all corners of the earth) but people don't like her unlike Rihanna and beyonce. I was talking to some co-workers kids and they were aware of Gaga but not Adele, Rihanna,and the rest 

On 21 February 2016 at 6:46 PM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I would love to know the perceptions of Lady Gaga in other countries. Cuz from what I see on the charts, ARTPOP wasn't such a flop outside the US. 

She literally propelled the use of the term 'Gaga' in my country music 

• Guest locked this topic

Archived