💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think that Bobby / Gaga keep an eye on europe ?

User

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Slavi said:

Her image is pretty good here, she will be fine.

She is definitely the most global popstar right now, I hope Bobby and Gaga realise that and will do some more promotion in Europe and Asia.

Applause was bigger in US.

Even G.U.Y charted in US but not in eruropean important countries for music market.

Also US radios were much more interested in Applause than most european radios. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart
Just now, User said:

Applause was bigger in US.

Even G.U.Y charted in US but not in eruropean important countries for music market.

I wasn't really talking about the charts.

Applause was quite a popular song here. GUY not so much, but I've heart Do What U Want being played here and there. I agree ARTPOP wasn't promoted well in Europe for sure. But her status is still bigger then say Katy or T. Swift. and she needs to use it.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Laceface

Most of these were recognised in the UK but that's probably because ties are closer to American than other European countries.

1 minute ago, Slavi said:

I wasn't really talking about the charts.

Applause was quite a popular song here. GUY not so much, but I've heart Do What U Want being played here and there. I agree ARTPOP wasn't promoted well in Europe for sure. But her status is still bigger then say Katy or T. Swift. and she needs to use it.

Yes i agree.

I remember that also US radios were much more interested in Applause than most european radios. I think during ARTPOP,  US audience were more interested in Gaga than the european audience. But there were not so much promo in europe, so...

Her status is bigger than Katys or Taylors, but her talents do not shine in europe that bright as in US now.

Edonis

Simply put, she is an American pop star who lost her American fame (in terms of being at the top of the pop world). So of course she is going to do projects from her home country to build her public image up again.

She'll probably do special events in Europe when she promotes LG5. She's a global pop star so she'll do what she does. 

4 minutes ago, Monsterclaw said:

AHS is not niche in Europe - i live in Poland and and a lot of people are watching it here.

But it's absolute niche in the other european big important markets with powerful media craft and strong consumption power.

Monsterclaw

nah, i don't think so, last year i met some people from Sweden, UK and France and all of them were big fans of the show

6 minutes ago, Monsterclaw said:

nah, i don't think so, last year i met some people from Sweden, UK and France and all of them were big fans of the show

Then check the fats. It's niche in europe. American Horror Story was aired at Ciné+ Frisson in france, this channel even hasn't a wikipedia.fr article.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Red said:

I think they decided to focus on US cause 1. she isn't touring 2. she is in good terms with Europe, it's on the US her image was more damaged.

Well... to be fair, it's an extreme reach to assume her image isn't damaged in France. She hasn't promoted anything here since TEOG, and most people have absolutely no idea ARTPOP even existed. Moreover, when I say I'm a Gaga fan, in 90% of the cases, people will immediately mock me and / or ask me "Isn't she finished though?". Lot of work to do here, if you ask me.

Just now, elijahfan said:

Well... to be fair, it's an extreme reach to assume her image isn't damaged in France. She hasn't promoted anything here since TEOG, and most people have absolutely no idea ARTPOP even existed. Moreover, when I say I'm a Gaga fan, in 90% of the cases, people will immediately mock me and / or ask me "Isn't she finished though?". Lot of work to do here, if you ask me.

I'm not saying she isn't damaged in Europe. Remember the backlash she had in the UK because of the Venus/DWUW performance? They said she was a crazy naked lady. I am just saying she is damaged more in the US.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

elijahfan
Just now, Red said:

I'm not saying she isn't damaged in Europe. Remember the backlash she had in the UK because of the Venus/DWUW performance? They said she was a crazy naked lady. I am just saying she is damaged more in the US.

Well I am saying she is damaged more in France, for sure.

OmgSum1Actually

I mean, we are weird in Europe, she just needs to be weird here and that's it, she doesn't need nothing special:emma:

Shameless selfpromo

Dominic
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I agree, here in the UK she isn't really ever discussed and most of the time if she is it's followed up by 'I like her but she's not done anything in years' or she is called 'weird'. 

Either way she could do with paying a little more attention to Europe.  More importantly the bigger music markets in Europe.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

45 minutes ago, Red said:

UK loves outrageous humours like Gaga did with Telephone in music and video. This whole record has this jarring neon metahpher in a surreal british coloured humour and the video was also surreal, absurd and in macabre british glitter images. It was the black humour which they loved around the song Telephone and the video.

But the UK were not there for euro/discopop like Alejandro from Gaga...i think they thought that's too pop for Gaga. But the rest of europe loved this traditional europop.

So the UK loves craziness, but they want it in a refined way. The ideas of Marry the Night were so good, but the incredilbe parts with artistry from ballet and france were not perfect assembled. But it's still a good video, the images of it are great. The MTN X- Factor performance in UK was just boring, there was nothing exciting about it.

Archived