Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Oscars 2016

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

KyliesChild

hQB9PDH.jpg

The Academy Awards, or "Oscars", is an annual American awards ceremony hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to recognise excellence in cinematic achievements in the film industry as assessed by the Academy's voting. 

This years host is Chris Rock

The complete list of nominees for this year are: http://oscar.go.com/nominees

FfpbA14.jpg

Diane Warren and Lady Gaga has been nominated for best original song titled “Til It Happens To You", for the movie “The Hunting Ground" that is a beautiful song about sexual assault. The Hunting Ground has drawn some criticism for its reliance on questionable data and a lack of even-handedness. "Til It Happens to You," however, has taken on a life of its own — partly because the music video, directed by Catherine Hardwicke of Twilight, doubles as a public service announcement. The song became a Top 10 hit, and club remixes took it to No. 1 on Billboard's Dance chart. It works because it's scary, says Robin James, a philosophy professor who blogs about music at It's Her Factory. "Til it happens to you' — that's sort of chilling," James says. "You feel it in the pit of your stomach."

Watch the video: 

Lady Gaga will perform the song at the award show, too; this is the second time Lady Gaga has performed at the Oscars, and the first was at the 87th Oscars and she performed a tribute for the Sound of Music.

DgVb3DU.jpg

Last year, the singer, along with her stylist, Brandon Maxwell, went a more classic route, seeking to recapture the splendor of old Hollywood with a bountiful array of ensembles from Azzedine Alaïa, who has never before designed pieces specifically for the award ceremony. 

“Gaga and I talked a lot about this moment, how much it means to her, and how much it means to me both as a fashion lover and fan of the Oscars,” says Maxwell. “She and I have spent a lot of time with Mr. Alaïa in his home,” added the stylist, “and we really wanted to choose someone we have a powerful friendship with to share this moment with us.” As for Gaga, who has worn Alaïa on numerous occasions and last year visited the exhibition celebrating his work in Paris: “I’ve always approached my work with designers more as their muse than as a true collaborator,” says the singer. “When you’re a proper muse, it allows the designer and stylist to paint a full vision on their canvas and achieve a fashion moment.” 

lE8iYTp.jpg

The end result—for the red carpet, at least—is a shimmering frock filled with crocodile scale–like texture, exaggerated shoulders, and, naturally, a perfect fit. “No one does a silhouette better than Mr. Alaïa,” proclaims Maxwell. “Hands down, he is the master.” And it’s not surprising that the designer’s self-proclaimed muse of the moment agrees. “Mr. Alaïa loves the look,” says Gaga.  She wore not one, but three pieces by him.

6NhbyhJ.jpg

On 2014, Gaga made an appearance at the Oscars red carpet and Vanity Fair after party wearing Versace. 

mzYv6Rl.jpg

9H0e1Jx.jpg

Aw, man! You cannot watch the ceremony because you don't have a TV! Don't worry, here are live streams for the event (you can thank me later, compadre). And here is a link to see where you can watch it, in wherever part of the world you live!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-2016-watch-worldwide-867394

http://oscar.go.com/live

http://ladygaganow.co/live-stream-lady-gaga-attends-performs-at-the-oscars-2016

Tune-in to ABC on your television or live stream* the Oscars at ABC.com or the WATCH ABC app.

Go BACKSTAGE! Get up close and personal with your favorite stars on Oscar Sunday. U.S. fans can get exclusive access to cameras capturing live red carpet and backstage moments with The Oscars Backstage – a unique, second-screen. More details coming soon!

*Live stream requires participating TV provider account and is available in Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, and San Francisco.

The Oscars, hosted by Chris Rock, airs LIVE Oscar Sunday, February 28 7e|4p on ABC!     

http://www.hulkusc.com/oscars-2016-live-stream-awards-red-carpet/

Look at last year's red carpet: http://oscar.go.com/red-carpet

'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Lady Gaga, Sam Smith and 5 Other Best Original Song Oscar Nominees:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/awards-chatter-podcast-lady-gaga-865273

Discuss your predictions for the nominations below.

l7UpUzy.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green

They better announce it first and Gaga better perform first so I could turn it off and return to my boring life.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Bradley

You forgot these (2014):

Lady-Gaga-in-Versace-at-the-2014-Oscars.

article-2571855-1BFE9D8B00000578-794_634

It's amazing despite how messy the Do What U Want era was and not being nominated at all, she was still invited. When will your fav?

Illuminati
1 minute ago, Banned said:

Can a moderator fix the OP? The pictures aren't showing up and I want the text centered. Huge thanks in advance.

all the images seem fine

Bradley
1 minute ago, Banned said:

Can a moderator fix the OP? The pictures aren't showing up and I want the text centered. Huge thanks in advance.

I see the pics clearly.

KyliesChild
Just now, Edward Hardy said:

I see the pics clearly.

Oh, it's just that I can't see them so I thought there was an issue.

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, Edward Hardy said:

You forgot these (2014):

Lady-Gaga-in-Versace-at-the-2014-Oscars.

article-2571855-1BFE9D8B00000578-794_634

It's amazing despite how messy the Do What U Want era was and not being nominated at all, she was still invited. When will your fav?

I'll add it to the OP, thank you.

Swan Heart
8 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

They better announce it first and Gaga better perform first so I could turn it off and return to my boring life.

She's going to perform last, for sure. You just know it. :neyde:

Also, I think they announce the winner after all the performances. :neyde: (not sure tho)

I'm going to be like a zomble for the rest of the next day. :neyde:

:neyde:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Mister Gaga

Ok, so i'm not that excited. I've seen all the nominated movies (for best picture) and none seemed spectacular imo. Room is my fave i guess.

Excited as hell for Gaga, she clearly deserves it among the other nominees. Last year's oscars didn't fall into oblivion only because of her performance, that was the most talked about moment of the night. If she wins, both Diane and Gaga will go to the stage and talk, right?

GloZell Green
4 minutes ago, Slavi said:

Also, I think they announce the winner after all the performances. :neyde: (not sure tho)

:neyde: Gaga for views woo and I'm almost certain that I'm going to leave all my homework for Sunday

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Mr Judas
9 minutes ago, Slavi said:

5 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

:neyde: Gaga for views woo and I'm almost certain that I'm going to leave all my homework for Sunday

I'm having a test on Monday :toofunny: imma die :toofunny:

I guess I'll just leave it ( Oscars obv :neyde: )

I'll get back home and watch her performance, some one please capture/record it some how :wtfga:

• PartySick pinned and featured this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • PartySick locked this topic

Archived