đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Mythos said:

Oh please, support Kesha? How exactly.

Many of those supporter worked with Terry Richardson and now they are supporting Kesha. Gaga even worked with R.Kelly. Its all just publicity, nothing more.

Sad but TRUE and I abhor it~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

You're saying that social media is a bad thing? Aside from the hypocrisy of using an online forum to share your opinion, are you saying that it is worse than rape? 

Um, no. Where did I ever explicitly state it is a bad thing? I said it has done godawful things to our youth.

And, in some cases, yes. because of online bullying, many have died because of suicide. Rape has been made even worse by social media. But social media has done many good things for us as well.

8 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Says the person who just left this comment...

I don't EXPECT anything from anyone, if you actually saw that in my original post. I'm saying i personally hoped they would have and because they didn't, I have PERSONALLY lost some respect from them. You can still fully respect them, that's fine with me. 

here's the thing though, maybe to some people, Rape doesn't always to deal with feminism. Would you be making this thread if Beyonce and Taylor were men? If Ke$ha was a man being raped by a female Dr. Luke? if Ke$ha was still a girl but being raped by another girl?

Also, do you know anything about rape? About the fact that it's about power?

This thread is slightly ridiculous.

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Um, no. Where did I ever explicitly state it is a bad thing? I said it has done godawful things to our youth.

And, in some cases, yes. because of online bullying, many have died because of suicide. Rape has been made even worse by social media. But social media has done many good things for us as well.

here's the thing though, maybe to some people, Rape doesn't always to deal with feminism. Would you be making this thread if Beyonce and Taylor were men? If Ke$ha was a man being raped by a female Dr. Luke? if Ke$ha was still a girl but being raped by another girl?

Also, do you know anything about rape? About the fact that it's about power?

This thread is slightly ridiculous.

Yes you're making this thread ridiculous by not even addressing the issue - which is that a young woman has come forward to say she has been raped and wishes to break from her contract so that she does not have to make the man who she accused of raping her even richer. Stop bringing hypotheticals into the matter. "What if a woman raped a man?" "What if a woman raped a woman?" "What if a donkey raped a goat?" THEY ARE NOT THE ISSUE.

1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Yes you're making this thread ridiculous by not even addressing the issue - which is that a young woman has come forward to say she has been raped and wishes to break from her contract so that she does not have to make the man who she accused of raping her even richer. Stop bringing hypotheticals into the matter. "What if a woman raped a man?" "What if a woman raped a woman?" "What if a donkey raped a goat?" THEY ARE NOT THE ISSUE.

But feminism isn't the issue, though, unlike what the OP wants to think. All that matters is that Ke$ha was allegedly raped. The OP has made a big deal about something that shouldn't really be a big deal.

So what if Beyonce nor Taylor commented? So has half the goddamn world. Neither has all the femminists of the world.

All that matters is that ke$ha was raped, and is unfortunately enslaved through a contract. Whether or feminism actually matters is a different issue.

ryhanna
49 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Beyonce and Taylor Swift are not feminists. But you're right. They are not contractually obligated to say anything. But they are public figures, and silence also says a lot. People have perceptions, and when a celebrity stays silent about an issue that means a lot to them, their perception of that celebrity changes. This can damage their brand. It's just human nature. All Gaga said was "People around the world love you Kesha. I am in awe of your bravery". That's all she said. Yet the impact will be heard all around the world. Even from a PR perspective, let alone a feminist one, sending a message of support is a small action that can have great positive repercussions.

I still don't see why they should feel the need to comment on a situation they aren't involved in just to 'please' the public and protect their brand. If it's something they feel strongly about and wish to stand up for Kesha and publicly speak on the issue, then by all means, may they go for it. If they don't, well, no harm done, really.

I just feel like this is a real non-issue. Ultimately, which celebrities choose to tweet about it doesn't mean anything. The news is out there, Kesha has a lot of supporters, the public pressure against Sony and the courts decision is pretty strong... that's all that really matters. 

Lord Temptation
7 minutes ago, ryhanna said:

I still don't see why they should feel the need to comment on a situation they aren't involved in just to 'please' the public and protect their brand. If it's something they feel strongly about and wish to stand up for Kesha and publicly speak on the issue, then by all means, may they go for it. If they don't, well, no harm done, really.

I just feel like this is a real non-issue. Ultimately, which celebrities choose to tweet about it doesn't mean anything. The news is out there, Kesha has a lot of supporters, the public pressure against Sony and the courts decision is pretty strong... that's all that really matters. 

It's not a simple matter of "they should" vs "they shouldn't". It's a lot deeper than that. Doing nothing is everyone's option. Of course Beyonce and Taylor don't need to say anything. Just like a victim of sexual abuse does not need to say anything either. She or he does not need to report it to police. Kesha could've just stayed silent, too. Everyone has the right to stay silent. But if everyone stays silent on the issue, both victims and non-victims, then NOTHING CHANGES. Is that what you want?

ryhanna
36 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

It's not a simple matter of "they should" vs "they shouldn't". It's a lot deeper than that. Doing nothing is everyone's option. Of course Beyonce and Taylor don't need to say anything. Just like a victim of sexual abuse does not need to say anything either. She or he does not need to report it to police. Kesha could've just stayed silent, too. Everyone has the right to stay silent. But if everyone stays silent on the issue, both victims and non-victims, then NOTHING CHANGES. Is that what you want?

I agree that nothing changes if people don't pressure change, but not everyone is staying silent. Kesha spoke up. Her fans spoke up. Lady Gaga spoke up. Kesha has a ****load of public support. There are so, so many people on her side. Beyonce and Taylor Swift are irrelevant to this ordeal.

So in the end, Taylor gave Kesha a quarter of a million dollars :rip:

Would it be nice if they say something, given that they have been very vocal about supporting females? Yes

Is it "mandatory" to the point of my respect on them depending on it? Not in my case, but I respect and understand OP's option. I just dont consider social media to be THAT important when it comes to sharing my stance on things

Hello, it's me

LePetitGAGABLover

That's why I didn't post anything in this thread because I knew Taylor was going to do something . I don't know about Beyonce though. :ph34r:

Whispering
4 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

That's why I didn't post anything in this thread because I knew Taylor was going to do something . I don't know about Beyonce though. :ph34r:

I suspected she might, as well. 

Archived