Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
43 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

So you wouldn't have any desire to help the starving children in Africa who have nothing to do with you? 

Speaking to Kesha privately is not going to help the matter, the point of speaking out is to display support to show SONY and other companies that they will not stand for this. 

We're not blaming every woman, were talking about the feminist, female singers that have a huge presence in the industry. 

A court case is not the same as mass poverty and deprivation.  That's a ridiculous comparison.  

Offering their support to Kesha privately is going to do a hell of a lot more than simply tweeting 'Free Kesha' and never speaking of it again. 

You're just turning this into another 'let's bash x because I don't like them' thread.  Completely missing the point that a woman and a man are in a serious court battle that may result in one being sentenced. 

Feminism is about equality, not about defending any woman that makes any kind of accusation.  For all we know Dr. Luke could be innocent.  Monsters need to stop turning this into a blame game and remember the issue at heart.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

PMKKARDASHiAN
2 minutes ago, Red said:

First of all, look up at the pics of her losing it after the sentence and tell me if she looks like she is pretending, cause if she is, she deserves an acting award. Second, it is not a matter of dragging Luke and praising Kesha, Luke and Kesha are mere figures in this game, they are just standing up and saying they don't support the way a person, specially a girl, is being forced to work with someone that clearly brings a lot of distress to them. They just want women to be free and safe in a situation they would have more chances to be if they were male. It is a first, imagine how many girls have been raped before and did not say anything out of fear of this patriarchal situation? Even if Kesha wasn't raped, you can't deny a lot of girls were, including Gaga. Females in the industry are uniting to end this bullshit and make victims break free from their fear and speak out. 

I was going to argue some points here but you actually make a good point as a whole. 

Perhaps your views and ways of expressing it make it easier to see as a feminist situation, as opposed to the ones I saw before you replied. 

:applause:

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

A court case is not the same as mass poverty and deprivation.  That's a ridiculous comparison.  

Offering their support to Kesha privately is going to do a hell of a lot more than simply tweeting 'Free Kesha' and never speaking of it again. 

You're just turning this into another 'let's bash x because I don't like them' thread.  Completely missing the point that a woman and a man are in a serious court battle that may result in one being sentenced. 

Feminism is about equality, not about defending any woman that makes any kind of accusation.  For all we know Dr. Luke could be innocent.  Monsters need to stop turning this into a blame game and remember the issue at heart.

"You're just turning this into another 'let's bash x because I don't like them' thread."

Umm, I stated in the original post that I'm a fan of both Beyonce and Taylor. 

"A court case" :toofunny:  <--  I hope they don't call it that if you ever experience sexual assault. 

"not about defending any woman that makes any kind of accusation"

As a victim of sexual assault I'll give any woman, who i deem trustworthy, the benefit of the doubt when they say they're been raped.

DiscoHeaven23
8 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I was going to argue some points here but you actually make a good point as a whole. 

Perhaps your views and ways of expressing it make it easier to see as a feminist situation, as opposed to the ones I saw before you replied. 

:applause:

aw i love this, very level headed :applause:

Riot Poof

Some of y'all are just looking for excuses to drag Bey and Tay. And if they were to say something now, it's "oh, they're just doing it to cover their asses!" 

They aren't the only feminist musicians out there who haven't commented on Kesha's situation, but they're the only ones getting dragged for it (as far as I know).

w/e. I stay not seeing anything wrong with them staying silent. As far as I know, they aren't close to Kesha, and they don't have direct control/influence over her career. It's a nice gesture, but it's not mandatory. I personally believe this is just drawing attention from the main problem... you know, the one where Dr. Luke (allegedly) sexually assaulted Kesha and won't let her out of their contract and sh¡t.

And lemme remind y'all about their philanthropy efforts in case y'all wanna demonize them (which some people already have).

Beyoncé
Taylor Swift

There are many ways to be feminist. Donating to charitable causes (which isn't always expressed through social media) is one of them, and it shouldn't be slept on.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

2 minutes ago, Riot Poof said:

They aren't the only feminist musicians out there who haven't commented on Kesha's situation, but they're the only ones getting dragged for it (as far as I know).

Well, Bey is probably the first person that pops in the majority of people's minds when you think of a feminist so it is a given she should say something about Kesha.

Taylor idk cause she is the least feminist person we have in the industry today.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Dominic
15 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

"You're just turning this into another 'let's bash x because I don't like them' thread."

Umm, I stated in the original post that I'm a fan of both Beyonce and Taylor. 

"A court case" :toofunny:  <--  I hope they don't call it that if you ever experience sexual assault. 

"not about defending any woman that makes any kind of accusation"

As a victim of sexual assault I'll give any woman, who i deem trustworthy, the benefit of the doubt when they say they're been raped.

You've no idea what I have experienced or of the abuse I've faced.  It's not just women you know.  

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

You've no idea what I have experienced or of the abuse I've faced.  It's not just women you know.  

I'm a guy, i know.

Dominic
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm a guy, i know.

Exactly so saying things like ':toofunny: I hope they don't call it that if youre ever sexuality assaulted' with no background knowledge is ridiculous. 

KyliesChild
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

1) It has nothing to do with them. 

2) We have no idea if they have contacted her privately.  

3) Are we going to blame every single woman who doesn't speak out publicly?

4) It's just a tweet. You're losing sight of the actual issue. 

Thank you so much for speaking the truth these past days.

GloZell Green
21 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm a guy, i know.

+1, but yeah I find it weird but at the same time Bey is signed to Sony, if she speaks there can be huge consequences. She might still speak out about it though.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Riot Poof
46 minutes ago, Red said:

Well, Bey is probably the first person that pops in the majority of people's minds when you think of a feminist so it is a given she should say something about Kesha.

Taylor idk cause she is the least feminist person we have in the industry today.

It would be nice if Bey did say something, I'll give you that. But that doesn't mean we get to give passes to other feminist musicians silent on the matter just because they're less famous. That also doesn't mean we get to dismiss what Bey and Tay have already done for feminism and for the good of the world in general.

And not you calling Taylor the "least feminist person we have in the industry today" when certain musicians have made misogynistic songs, videos, and comments in the last ten years. Yes, Taylor isn't a perfect feminist (who is?), but that doesn't make her the "least feminist," even when you compare her to other self-proclaimed feminist musicians. Yeah, I can think of at least four things Taylor was involved in since being openly feminist that could be considered "problematic" (the "Shake It Off" video, the "Wildest Dreams" video, the Nicki Minaj spat, and the meaning behind "Bad Blood"), but I don't think those (even combined) are worse than the controversies Miley Cyrus and Lily Allen (for example) were involved in while being openly feminist.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived