❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Losing Respect for Beyonce/Taylor

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, BlTCH said:

What if they reached out to her privately? As you said Bey is under Sony so it's understandable why she maybe can't speak publicly about it. Maybe it's in her contract not to do that? You can't just attack them for it without knowing the situation

What is even the point of reaching her in private? I mean, great for Kesha, she has great friends that care for her well being but is it enough to stay cute and not speak out to expose and unite against the rape culture in the music industry + give power to the anonymous victims? 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JackTheTripper

Well, now you finally know, people are saying all kinds of **** and building their image when there is a lot of money. Fun fact: being feminsit means that you support equal rights for man and woman in both economy and society. Posting pictures of your asshole on instagram in order to sell records doesnt represent feminism ETC.... I think a lot o pople she also hold with their fingerpointing, beacuse right now its still court case, and we only heard one side, we still dont know if its just atempt to get out of a contract, and since none of you are involved the legal process, maybe stay neutral for now, i know its hard beacue everyone is tranding it on hashtag and its Popular to scream rapist, and jump ond vagon that everyone is hughing so hard. butt sttill try to be rational and keep in mind the Pop star and producnet feud has been the oldest story ever, and ofen had diffrent results,

PMKKARDASHiAN

Educate my ignorance if there is any, but is this whole Kesha situation even a feminist one? Regardless of the situation as a whole being sad, I don't see it as a feminist thing, so why is it expected that Beyonce and Taylor use their stances on equality to voice whats happening to kesha? 

JackTheTripper
Just now, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Educate my ignorance if there is any, but is this whole Kesha situation even a feminist one? Regardless of the situation as a whole being sad, I don't see it as a feminist thing, so why is it expected that Beyonce and Taylor use their stances on equality to voice whats happening to kesha? 

you are right it has nothing to do with feminism, people are just using such sensitive words to proclaim something, but what is does is that it stops the dialog on issue

Illuminati

might as well prepare to lose your respect for katy too as she's signed to luke and will release more of his singles in the future. sometimes things like this just aren't in the performers' control, maybe this is the case for beyonce and taylor or others you might start to hate too.

3 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

How is it not related to feminism? A producer sexually assaulted his female co-worker, is forcing her to work with him, the judges gave THE GUY the reason and later on Kesha's career is at steak while most people won't even remember who Dr. Luke is. Do you see this happening with a guy? Like, answer me honestly.

DiscoHeaven23
3 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

might as well prepare to lose your respect for katy too as she's signed to luke and will release more of his singles in the future. sometimes things like this just aren't in the performers' control, maybe this is the case for beyonce and taylor or others you might start to hate too.

I never had respect for her though. 

tumblr_n5ie92SXZ01shxe70o1_400.gif

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Red said:

How is it not related to feminism? A producer sexually assaulted his female co-worker, is forcing her to work with him, the judges gave THE GUY the reason and later on Kesha's career is at steak while most people won't even remember who Dr. Luke is. Do you see this happening with a guy? Like, answer me honestly.

No I don't see it happening with a guy. But just because kesha is a woman, doesn't mean this is a feminism situation. Feminism is about equality, not sexual devience and cruelty and contractually binding arrangements. 

ShockPop

Beyonce is married to a man who stabbed someone. Then she preaches that black lives matter. Tell it to your husband.

She deserves no respect. She's all about the money.

No I don't see it happening with a guy. But just because kesha is a woman, doesn't mean this is a feminism situation. Feminism is about equality, not sexual devience and cruelty and contractually binding arrangements. 

It's all about equality, they are fighting for the right of not being raped by your boss and not being forced to work with them afterwards cause today, apparently, if a female is raped it is her fault cause women are born to please men sexually, it's acceptable to force a girl to have sex with you to continue in the industry and the money the label is gonna make is more important than the artist's mental health.

DiscoHeaven23

Also, I'm not saying you guys have to agree with me either. This is an opinion post and the point of it is to create a dialogue 

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Red said:

It's all about equality, they are fighting for the right of not being raped by your boss and not being forced to work with them afterwards cause today, apparently, if a female is raped it is her fault cause women are born to please men sexually, it's acceptable to force a girl to have sex with you to continue in the industry and the money the label is gonna make is more important than the artist's mental health.

I get what you're saying, but these are not the terms of this specific case! There was no substantial evidence provided to the claim besides he said/she said. If there was, don't you think the outcome would have been different? While I'm not sayin nothing happened between them, I'm saying the situation is muddied with half truthes and incomplete stories, again, these are not a part of feminism. If a man were to claim rape from a female coworker, it's laughed at, mocked, and brushed off. If a woman does it, it's taken more seriously. 

I get what you're saying, but these are not the terms of this specific case! There was no substantial evidence provided to the claim besides he said/she said. If there was, don't you think the outcome would have been different? While I'm not sayin nothing happened between them, I'm saying the situation is muddied with half truthes and incomplete stories, again, these are not a part of feminism. If a man were to claim rape from a female coworker, it's laughed at, mocked, and brushed off. If a woman does it, it's taken more seriously. 

The fact you are doubting her just is a proof that they are just not taken seriously at all 

Archived