Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

politics

'Crunch time' for Cameron's EU reforms deal

Featured Posts

MissRebelDolly

David Cameron's bid to win backing for his EU reforms has reached "crunch time", a UK government official says.

The prime minister heads for a Brussels summit later hoping to agree a deal on changes that will pave the way for the UK's in/out referendum.

It follows months of negotiations between officials, with the PM visiting 20 member states to make his case.

EU Council President Donald Tusk told the BBC leaders had "no choice" but to agree a deal at the two-day summit.

Campaigners for a UK exit from the EU have dismissed the draft reforms as trivial, saying the only way to achieve change is to vote to leave.

Full article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35599279

MissRebelDolly
27 minutes ago, Luc said:

I can't stand how Cameron basically blackmailed the EU into doing what he wants...

David Cameron is famous for blackmailing people

deeman

All they care about is the city which is a hell hole if you walk thru there you can just fell the evil and notice how many more trees there are when you get to westminster. The city should be knocked down and turned into a park.

TiphEret

Well if you look at we he ask for some are understandable and others to vague to judge

"The key parts of UK deal:

Allowing Britain to opt out from the EU's founding ambition to forge an "ever closer union" of the peoples of Europe and greater powers to national parliaments to block EU legislation

I agree that the EU should not have more power than the nation but to what extent because what is the point of the Eu then? Maybe it's role became too broad...

Restrictions on other EU nationals getting in-work benefits in the UK for four years. Changing child benefit rules so payment reflects cost of living in countries where the child lives

For the benefits if the person pay taxes I think it's discriminatory that they could not claim benefit, regarding child benefit reflecting the cost of life it's understandable but we also know the Uk is not the more generous when it comes to that so basically countries with higher living standard will loose to that... Not sure if it's a huge deal.

Explicit recognition that the euro is not the only currency of the EU and guarantees to ensure countries outside eurozone are not disadvantaged or have to join eurozone bailouts

The euro is a mess... good for Britain to stay out of it!

A target for the reduction of the "burden" of excessive regulation and extending the single market

Don't know what that means? vague"

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom

deeman
46 minutes ago, TiphEret said:

A target for the reduction of the "burden" of excessive regulation and extending the single market

Don't know what that means? vague"

It is about GMO's and environmental regulation. The city wants GMO's and to support American multinationals in further destroying the environment. The city is not happy with the greens and so sponsored UKIP to fight for GMO's. Notice the remark about TTIP at the end:

Benji

If he can get a good deal for Britain then I'll rethink my current position on leaving Europe, although I doubt that we'll really feel any benefit from a deal he gets.

deeman
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

If he can get a good deal for Britain then I'll rethink my current position on leaving Europe, although I doubt that we'll really feel any benefit from a deal he gets.

The UK should leave the EU leaving Europe is impossible due to the geographic location being in Europe. Not because it would be good for the UK but becuase it would be good for the rest of Europe to be rid of the pro GMO criminal city of London.

Benji
3 minutes ago, deeman said:

The UK should leave the EU leaving Europe is impossible due to the geographic location being in Europe. Not because it would be good for the UK but becuase it would be good for the rest of Europe to be rid of the pro GMO criminal city of London.

Is that an attempt at wit? :air:

deeman
Just now, Benji said:

Is that an attempt at wit? :air:

No Europe is a continent including western Russia where as the EU is a political organisation. The greens favour the OSCE

"PD504 The OSCE is inclusive of all European countries. It uses consensus decision-making and is not dominated by the larger countries. It refrains from unwanted interference in the internal affairs of member countries. It works in co-operation with Non Governmental Organisations.

PD505 We welcome the OSCE's broader view of the concept of common security, which in many ways is similar to the Green concept. The aim of the OSCE is to prevent and solve conflicts, both in the short and the long run, by addressing the underlying causes (such as human rights abuses, economic inequalities, and ethnic tensions).

PD506 The use of consensus decision making in the OSCE means that action takes time to agree and compromises have to be made, but the decisions made have strong support. We also support the OSCE's emphasis on arms control and disarmament and the provision of mutual rights of inspection into other countries' security affairs, demonstrating the value of openness and transparency in building mutual confidence."

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/pd.html

Benji
4 minutes ago, deeman said:

No Europe is a continent including western Russia where as the EU is a political organisation. The greens favour the OSCE

"PD504 The OSCE is inclusive of all European countries. It uses consensus decision-making and is not dominated by the larger countries. It refrains from unwanted interference in the internal affairs of member countries. It works in co-operation with Non Governmental Organisations.

PD505 We welcome the OSCE's broader view of the concept of common security, which in many ways is similar to the Green concept. The aim of the OSCE is to prevent and solve conflicts, both in the short and the long run, by addressing the underlying causes (such as human rights abuses, economic inequalities, and ethnic tensions).

PD506 The use of consensus decision making in the OSCE means that action takes time to agree and compromises have to be made, but the decisions made have strong support. We also support the OSCE's emphasis on arms control and disarmament and the provision of mutual rights of inspection into other countries' security affairs, demonstrating the value of openness and transparency in building mutual confidence."

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/pd.html

That's completely irrelevant to "The UK should leave the EU leaving Europe is impossible due to the geographic location being in Europe."

Also, I voted Green in our last election but favoured Labour for local. You don't need to preach their message to me, I support their ideology, even if their practice is flawed.

deeman
6 minutes ago, Benji said:

That's completely irrelevant to "The UK should leave the EU leaving Europe is impossible due to the geographic location being in Europe."

Also, I voted Green in our last election but favoured Labour for local. You don't need to preach their message to me, I support their ideology, even if their practice is flawed.

Sweet you made a silly statement about leaving Europe which would require a techtonic shift. It just is beyond the capabilities of even modern rocket science to move the British isles outside of Europe.

Benji
Just now, deeman said:

Sweet you made a silly statement about leaving Europe which would require a techtonic shift. It just is beyond the capabilities of even modern rocket science to move the Britsih isles outside of Europe.

You can not be dense to the point that you read my comment and assumed this ( ^ ) is what I was referring to.

Pull the other one.

deeman
10 minutes ago, Benji said:

You can not be dense to the point that you read my comment and assumed this ( ^ ) is what I was referring to.

Pull the other one.

I think you must have meant a deal for the UK coz northern Ireland isn't in Britain.

Benji
Just now, deeman said:

I think you must have meant a deal for the UK coz norther Ireland isn't in Britain.

I'm assuming you meant Northern Ireland? Anyone can play your little game.