• Elusive Chanteuse

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

Mariah-Carey-Albums-Collage-mariah-carey

My fave right now is Butterfly. :flutter:

I excluded some albums such as Glitter out of respect for Mimi. :emma:

It's science, bitch

Alien Tulip

Tie between Mariah Carey and Daydream. Charmbracelet is criminally underrated. Honestly though....her last three albums (E=m2, Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel and Me I Am Mariah) are all boring and have fillers :( After Emancipation Of Mimi she kinda lost her spark. I'm not mad though because she still has a flawless discography!

These are my favorite underrated Mariah Carey songs that are not well known

Her whistle at the last 4;05 :giveup: 

This dramatic ballad with the dramatic piano :giveup: 

Alien Tulip
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Im embarrassed, Im a fan of Mariah's but have never listened to a whole album before

tumblr_inline_o2kduwjW8B1rfj0ea_500.gif

You should listen to her debut album in full. She wrote that album so well for an introduction to Mariah Carey. Every song flows so well together. Daydream is another amazing album good from front to back. Butterfly too. Music Box is also great. UGH her first 7 albums are just amazing in general. Rainbow has great songs but a lot of fillers in it. Charmbracelet is so underrated due to the backlash and meltdown she had during the glitter era. Emancipation of mimi was her comeback and the album has great songs including song of the decade We Belong Together but it also has a few fillers. After that album, her latest albums have had so many fillers and they just feel like b-side albums more than actual complete new albums. #Beautiful and The Art Of Letting Go are the last few good Mariah songs recently. 

Jesse Pinkman
3 minutes ago, Pizza said:

You should listen to her debut album in full. She wrote that album so well for an introduction to Mariah Carey. Every song flows so well together. Daydream is another amazing album good from front to back. Butterfly too. Music Box is also great. UGH her first 7 albums are just amazing in general. Rainbow has great songs but a lot of fillers in it. Charmbracelet is so underrated due to the backlash and meltdown she had during the glitter era. Emancipation of mimi was her comeback and the album has great songs including song of the decade We Belong Together but it also has a few fillers. After that album, her latest albums have had so many fillers and they just feel like b-side albums more than actual complete new albums. #Beautiful and The Art Of Letting Go are the last few good Mariah songs recently. 

Butterfly is so amazing. I'm getting into her flalwless discography again and I'm not dissapointed. She has so many incredible songs. She's a true artist and is a vet in this industry.

It's science, bitch

Alien Tulip
3 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Butterfly is so amazing. I'm getting into her flalwless discography again and I'm not dissapointed. She has so many incredible songs. She's a true artist and is a vet in this industry.

She's also an impressive songwriter. People forget that she's an extremely intelligent woman who is a master at her craft. She's involved in every part of the song creation. She's also has a simplistic yet solid music language. She's so aware of the music process and what's "hot". Listen to this part of the interview at 0:50

There's tons of other interviews where she talks about the album creation and it's just interesting to hear her perspective on how albums are so processed. People just see her as a diva but she's one of the smartest women in the industry along with Madonna.

DiscoHeaven23
13 minutes ago, Pizza said:

Thanks! Love #Beautiful! I also really like the song she did for Wizard of Oz, "Almost Home"

tumblr_mjd8bjBHQ01qa74kvo1_500.gif

Jesse Pinkman
21 minutes ago, Pizza said:

She's also an impressive songwriter. People forget that she's an extremely intelligent woman who is a master at her craft. She's involved in every part of the song creation. She's also has a simplistic yet solid music language. She's so aware of the music process and what's "hot". Listen to this part of the interview at 0:50

There's tons of other interviews where she talks about the album creation and it's just interesting to hear her perspective on how albums are so processed. People just see her as a diva but she's one of the smartest women in the industry along with Madonna.

That interview made me respect her so much more. That's why I love artists like her who don't jump on bandwagons. Just like I give mad respect to Bey for releasing a soulful, retro album during a time when everyone was running to David Guetta and Calvin Harris for a hit. That's what being a true artist is all about. Following your heart, not your pockets.

It's science, bitch

Lord Temptation

1) Butterfly and Emancipation (tie)

2) The rest are all equally good

Note: I love Glitter! It would be my favourite if it weren't deemed a soundtrack instead of an LP

Alien Tulip
12 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

That interview made me respect her so much more. That's why I love artists like her who don't jump on bandwagons. Just like I give mad respect to Bey for releasing a soulful retro album during a time when everyone was running to David Guetta and Calvin Harris for a hit. That's what being a true artist is all about. Following your heart, not your pockets.

Very true. I'm not into Beyonce's new song (mostly the production) but it's refreshing to hear a song with a serious message. 4 is also underrated because it was more soulful and slower than most of I Am Sasha Fierce. I also respect Madonna for releasing American Life, it was just released at a very BAD time which caused controversy. I like artists to experiment while staying true to their original sound. I hope Gaga's next album is sonically different but also the trademark sound but not where it feels like a copy and paste like Bad Romance and Judas (as much as I love those songs). That is why I loved Scheisse because it had a similar style to those songs but it was different with a different message than love and more so about being a fierce woman. I'm excited to hear what Gaga and Redone are cooking up. 

Jesse Pinkman
10 minutes ago, Pizza said:

Very true. I'm not into Beyonce's new song (mostly the production) but it's refreshing to hear a song with a serious message. 4 is also underrated because it was more soulful and slower than most of I Am Sasha Fierce. I also respect Madonna for releasing American Life, it was just released at a very BAD time which caused controversy. I like artists to experiment while staying true to their original sound. I hope Gaga's next album is sonically different but also the trademark sound but not where it feels like a copy and paste like Bad Romance and Judas (as much as I love those songs). That is why I loved Scheisse because it had a similar style to those songs but it was different with a different message than love and more so about being a fierce woman. I'm excited to hear what Gaga and Redone are cooking up. 

Yeah I think Gaga is gonna deliver with this next album. I'm glad she left EDM alone because it just wasn't working out. ARTPOP, compared to the rest of her discography is sort of out of place in retrospect. There are some amazing songs, but the album doesn't feel like "Gaga." I love all of the producers she's working with now. She's gonna kill it.

It's science, bitch

migamiga

I've only gone through half of her discography. When I get into albums, I listen to them for weeks so given he breadth of her catalog, I haven't been able to go through all of it. Plus sometimes I'm not in the mood. 

Ive heard MC, half of Emotions and Daydream, butterfly, Christmas, teom, and miamtec. It depends on my mood but tbh I have a really strong tie to miamtec.

Xoxo Adriana

Even though I already voted i'm doing my top 5 Mariah album list:

1. Rainbow

2. Butterfly

3. Emancipation of Mimi

4. Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (You forgot this album)

5. Daydream

tumblr_lmriubooVA1qkfzoco1_500.gif

Archived