Katy is actually a great performer

Creyk

Featured Posts

Swan Heart
13 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

She's the next Iron Maiden!

NAJkD.gif

:air:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

I think there are better performances you could show, but yes, I think she is a very good performer. Her shows are a lot of fun, lots of fun costumes, bright pleasing colors and fun theatrics, and her vocals usually sound better than that. I would have loved to have gone to her last concert. I loved the concept. 

But can we stop with the "2013" comments please. As a Gaga stan who just had my fave compared to Whitney and is getting consistent praise from other legends, as a stan I'm anything but salty. :cool:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

i like the production but i dont like these kind of performances from her, she has problems with breathing control when she dances

her acoustic performances are much better 

Quartz

If you wanted proof, you should have shown the SuperBowl performance. Her vocals are atrocious but her theatrics and the over-all impact is great. It's OK that she can't sing, she can entertain and she can write bops. :emma:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

GagaMyBlood95

That performance doesn't really flatter her imo :air:

She is a good entertainer, but she has A LOT of help from all the props, dancers, stage etc... For example, Gaga singing alone on stage, whatever song, and I can feel the energy. I can't say the same with Katy..

As for her singing, I would become an acoustic only artist if I was her because she is good when standind and singing her songs slowly.. When trying to dance, move and sing, it's just not working for her...

Dominic

She's one of the better performers I've seen,  her tour was amazing.  :applause:

She's not one of the best singers in the business but neither are a majority of her peers but she puts on a great show. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Levine
18 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

It's all opinion. :toofunny:

Actually it's not. Talent is not an opinion. Performance skills are not opinions. These are FACTS!

The FACT is that Katy Perry is NOT A GREAT performer.

Then one can argue if she is THAT bad or decent, but "GREAT PERFORMER" not, she is not.

Economy

I always thought so too! Not the best in the industry but not bad either

i think some fans are just pressed still she took her spotlight 2012-2013 :air: 

Desperado
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I always thought so too! Not the best in the industry but not bad either

i think some fans are just pressed still she took her spotlight 2012-2013 :air: 

I dont like this girl since forever so idk why you try to talk for the people that doesnt like her only because you think they are bitter lol 

Dominic
10 minutes ago, Levine said:

Actually it's not. Talent is not an opinion. Performance skills are not opinions. These are FACTS!

The FACT is that Katy Perry is NOT A GREAT performer.

Then one can argue if she is THAT bad or decent, but "GREAT PERFORMER" not, she is not.

She's a great performer IMO.  She's got great stage presence,  theatrics and knows how to put on a show.  Vocally? Not as great but we're not discussing  that. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I think Katy puts on a good stage show, but I feel she herself lacks a captivating stage presence that could possibly make up for her lacking vocals. 

I don't think a performer has to be great at everything to deserve recognition, I just think Katy doesn't come off as a well-rounded performer enough for me to really give credit for the shows she puts on. Much of her quality on stage comes from the visuals, not necessarily what she brings. 

The biggest issue with Katy's performances, I think, is that she doesn't do songs that suit her voice. She has a good voice and can sing well, just not on the songs she puts out, unfortunately. 

:rip: I'm actually dead on not sure if this is a serious topic or not.

People talk about how bad/awkward Britney's dancing has gotten but she would be dragged to the pits if she performed like this. They did a nice job obscuring her awkward dancing when it actually came to that 'dance break' by covering her in fog and using night vision but, when you can actually see her, you can still see how inflexible she is and how slow she is to react.

I mean Gaga isn't an incredible dancer by any means, she hasn't been a dancer all her life like Beyonce, Janet, Madonna or Britney. You can see how well she has improved though, probably because there was a period of time where she was working non-stop with a choreographer. She takes her stuff seriously.

Katy often looks like she called a choreographer two weeks before a performance and did minimum rehearsals.

I don't personally think Katy's talent lies as a performer. She isn't a strong vocalist and she is an awkward dancer. Her acoustic stuff is okay.

"Great"? No

'Putting on a great show' is not really the mark of a great performer because most of what you're referring to - i.e. the props, the effects, the costumes, dancers, lighting etc - has nothing to do with her. I don't really see her commanding the stage, certainly not in this performance. I mean if you were going to make a case for her skills as a performer I would definitely not choose this one, it's very awkward.

I also don't buy that people thinking she's a bad performer has anything to do with being 'pressed' over chart positions. It's not like it's exclusively this fanbase that thinks her skills are not really up to scratch :rip: Makes me think back to that joke about her vocal skills in the movie Ted. I'm not a huge fan of someone like Pink either but I can at least respect that she really is a great performer. I just don't think that's Katy's thing. She has some fun music, but yeah.

Archived