Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Rihanna receives platinum certification plaque for ANTi

Creyk

Featured Posts

Haroon
8 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

What's lame about it is that usually celebrities don't go like "buy at least 10 copies of my album or you're a flop fan", they don't encourage that unfair sales boost at least publicly while Rihanna gets away with pretty much buying 1Mil of her own albums herself and seems to be really proud about that certification 

Why shouldn't she be proud of the certification? She struck a deal that let her get the money for 1 million sales instantly while allowing 1 million people to get it for free :laughga: 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati
6 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Why shouldn't she be proud of the certification? She struck a deal that let her get the money for 1 million sales instantly while allowing 1 million people to get it for free :laughga: 

if she did it with 1 million gaga might as well should go for like 4 millions of free copies and not only get 4x platinum in 1 week but also fastest ever selling album status which was recently achieved by Adele in traditional way. Would that be fair though? Rihanna would not have sold 1 million that fast if ever with the quality of the album.

DemeLarell

I still dont see the problem with partnering up with Samsung to give your fans a free album. And it seems like some of you guys only think she is a flop based on personal opinion. She still would have sold more if she didn't have Samsung deal. And i think her album is amazing but i guess all of her albums gets mixed reactions. 

SychosSoChic

I've listened to to the whole album, and I'm not even sorry, but this is all just a pathetic attempt to make a quick buck with a subpar album, and hiding behind this deal to hide the fact that this album is a disappointment is making it look like this kind of sh!t is ok. Truth is that if Samsung hadn't made this deal, it would have been the flop album of the year, which it deserves to be.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Haroon
19 minutes ago, BlTCH said:

if she did it with 1 million gaga might as well should go for like 4 millions of free copies and not only get 4x platinum in 1 week but also fastest ever selling album status which was recently achieved by Adele in traditional way. Would that be fair though? Rihanna would not have sold 1 million that fast if ever with the quality of the album.

Yeah sure, it'd be awesome if Gaga did it :D I'd pick 4 million people getting an album for free over "ruining" a title. Plus like you said, Adele did it the traditional way, traditions don't have to be kept for the sake of it :tongue: 

Whispering

It's nice that fans (worldwide) got an album for free, but for an artist to act like they really accomplished something they didn't is embarrassing. If she had any self dignity, she would have simply celebrated the fact that a million fans got her music. This just draws attention to the scam part of this deal, when that didn't have to happen. 

andy232000
8 hours ago, Haroon said:

Money came out of Samsung's pockets for the album so as far as I'm concerned it did sell 1 million+ :laughga: If multiple sales from fans can count as sales then why can't this? :tongue: Congrats to her :applause: Sales are sales, whether bought in bulk or not 

i somewhat agree but its undeniable that these are not like "legitimate wanted" copies. to me theres a difference between making a deal and having people who like the music buy it because thy like it.

Gaga is rich, she could buy 5 million copies of her new album by herself (or her family could) and give it to fans for free. 5 million sales in first week.

What's the difference? 

FreePalestine

Haroon
17 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

i somewhat agree but its undeniable that these are not like "legitimate wanted" copies. to me theres a difference between making a deal and having people who like the music buy it because thy like it.

Yeah I totally agree with that, this doesn't show if people actually WANTED to go out there and have it :omg: Thankfully the chart companies have different rules in place that help filter bulk purchases out though so those still can measure the popularity of an album to a respectable degree :laughga: 

Whispering
18 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

Gaga is rich, she could buy 5 million copies of her new album by herself (or her family could) and give it to fans for free. 5 million sales in first week.

What's the difference? 

She could be 5x Platinum!!! 

Adele could be 40x Platinum right now! Lol 

FATCAT
8 hours ago, Haroon said:

Money came out of Samsung's pockets for the album so as far as I'm concerned it did sell 1 million+ :laughga: If multiple sales from fans can count as sales then why can't this? :tongue: Congrats to her :applause: Sales are sales, whether bought in bulk or not 

That's the thing though, bulk sales in retail count as one sale, so unless you're paying individually, I believe it counts as one.

Purr more, hiss less.

Bambino
21 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

What's the difference? 

The difference is that Gaga wouldn't do that :green:

Haroon
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

That's the thing though, bulk sales in retail count as one sale, so unless you're paying individually, I believe it counts as one.

That's when it comes to charts counting how many are sold isn't it? Not the way RIAA calculate things? :duck: 

Archived