💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

did gaga plan for ARTPOP failure?

President Trump

Featured Posts

kevinthesheep

this wouldn't surprise me, honestly. i remember everything she used to say about studying fame and the decay of the artist, and how everyone is fascinated to see artists fail and 'die'. i don't know how far she would be prepared to take this concept, though. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

I think she knew that the downfall was inevitable and it was obvious judging by the media backlash after BTW that ARTPOP would struggle.  So she approached it head-on, by owning the "failure" herself before anyone else can say she failed.  She did the "Gaga is Over" video because she knew it was coming. 

President Trump
Just now, Dean Winchester said:

I think she knew that the downfall was inevitable and it was obvious judging by the media backlash after BTW that ARTPOP would struggle.  So she approached it head-on, by owning the "failure" herself before anyone else can say she failed.  She did the "Gaga is Over" video because she knew it was coming. 

MTE

Ma ma pa pa pa

FATCAT

No, it flopped of its own accord. If you don't promote something, no one will know about it. Applause did well with promo + a stellar video. None of the other 'singles' got much promo at all, except for DWUW which did chart pretty well and got several performances.

Purr more, hiss less.

7 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

No, it flopped of its own accord. If you don't promote something, no one will know about it. Applause did well with promo + a stellar video. None of the other 'singles' got much promo at all, except for DWUW which did chart pretty well and got several performances.

That's the point! She didn't want it to go far, I mean I have rewatched paparazzi video and most of her deep interviews it feels like she started planning it right from the end of born this way. She referred to ARTPOP as silly once also Gaga is the sort of artist that delivers messages with visuals she could have reworked dwuw video with Xtina and still slayed but she didn't. And the way she transitioned into cheek to cheek was very sudden, sudden in the sense that cheek to cheek was recorded before the full ARTPOP era kicked off. I don't think ur question is out of place although u look like a troll ?

Pierre

The decay of the blonde popstar

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Lord Temptation
46 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

She started Artflop era and immediately it began with her picture wearing that clear mask over her face. and that video of her calling herself a flop. Then immediately after the era started she canceled the music video for her second single and fired all of her management and instantly flopped. it was such a flop of epic proportions (except sales wise, that was pretty normal), that i have to believe it was manufactured. there's no way in the world she decides to just fire her management immediately after starting an era. it was a disaster. then she performed DO What u Want and ended the performnace with newspaper articles calling her "flop." then she went on SNL and performed skit of her sadly sitting around playing piano as the future flop of our generation. it was like she planned the flop, and planned to direct all blame for her impending flop on management (admit it, we all knew the flop was just around the corner ever since BTW controversies). so did gaga plan for the flop and control it to flop in her favor?

Yes, I have to agree with you. She had been planning ARTPOP while still touring for the Born This Way Ball. She knew the media would be sharpening their knives. She knew she would have to kill her former and escape to Hollywood. She's known this since The Fame.

aquariumlust

I have always thought this! She did say that the theme of ARTPOP would be the decay of the blonde icon...

gagaisitalian

All the "flop" imagery early on in the era (mask video, DWUW performance, SNL skit) was to mimic that everyone was calling her a flop during the end of the Born This Way era. I don't think she expected it to get even worse.

FATCAT
9 minutes ago, Denys said:

That's the point! She didn't want it to go far, I mean I have rewatched paparazzi video and most of her deep interviews it feels like she started planning it right from the end of born this way. She referred to ARTPOP as silly once also Gaga is the sort of artist that delivers messages with visuals she could have reworked dwuw video with Xtina and still slayed but she didn't. And the way she transitioned into cheek to cheek was very sudden, sudden in the sense that cheek to cheek was recorded before the full ARTPOP era kicked off. I don't think ur question is out of place although u look like a troll ?

If you believe that Gaga planned ARTPOP to fail, you're just in denial about it flopping. It flopped, big deal. But if we run around and act like it was some 'big plan' we just look like nuts. ARTPOP was underwhelming and commercially unsuccessful. She didn't plan it.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
41 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Honestly what happened was an ironic twist.

It was similar to how some small-time rappers say they're 'on top of the world' even though they don't own a slice of bread :emma:

Purr more, hiss less.

Bad Bromance

No, because ARTPOP did not flop.  It didn't perform as well as BTW or The Fame, but she sold almost 3 million copies WW so that is far from a flop.  There is no way she would sabotage her own album era.  It's crazy if you really think about it that way.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived