Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy Perry or Coldplay Halftime Show?

Prismatic

Katy Perry or Coldplay Halftime Show?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Katy Perry or Coldplay Halftime Show?

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GlitterAndGrease

It's pointless too ask 2015 or 2016 based on main performers only

The shows as a whole are built around guests and mashups

With guests counting or without them coldplay were far better

Voted Coldplay, Katy's show was so predictable and nothing different from her usual shows sets (except that she didn't sound horrible thanks to pre-recorded vocals). Coldplay's outfits were so basic tho, like casual street wear...

6 hours ago, Prismatic said:

then those messy vocals from Chris. 

I guess he lip synched some parts? At around the end he sang some "eeeeeh" and 2 seconds after remooving the mic from his face we could still hear it clearly

Iwontell

I have to say I was positively surprised by this year's performance (I don't think it's as messy as you're all saying)...still, Katy's show felt more "complete" - not to mention it was a night time affair, which always makes the whole thing look better...so she gets my vote here...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Katharine Hepburn

Katy even though some of the visuals were cringy. She had a coherent show which was entertaining and fun. Coldplay looked messy and kinda lame and were completely overshadowed by their support acts and opening act.

xoxo Joanne

Andreyw
6 hours ago, Prismatic said:

en·ter·tain·ing

ˌen(t)ərˈtāniNG/

adjective

providing amusement or enjoyment

synonyms: delightful, enjoyable, diverting, amusing, pleasing, agreeable, appealing,

He's a lana stan, they don't know what 'entertaining', 'fun' and any other similar words to these actually mean

OT : Katy's by a landslide

Andreyw
4 hours ago, Igeekgaga said:

Coldplay was better for the simple fact that they actually have talent.

When I hear this argument, I want to smash some heads :deadbanana: you can have talent and be a ****ing bore on stage or you can't be very good at singing and have an entertaining show :rip:  the voice is not everything if you don't have charisma or stage presence

LGHunter

beyonce and bruno slayed my life, but i have to go with katy bc i dont like coldplay and they didnt sing my fave song: Hymn For The Weekend.

Schwerk
7 hours ago, PopBitch said:

It was the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl, so they brought them back as a celebration, and hence, the homage to the older shows at the end.

Oh I see, but I still think its unnecessary. The montage took care of that well enough for me. I just feel these days it's al about colabs and feat. and appearances. Bit over it I guess. Especially when they steal the show, unintentionally.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Swan Heart

Honestly, I feel like both were rather weak in their own way, I did not enjoy them.

Let's hope for Gaga next year, I think it's pretty safe to say that she's the main candidate now.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived