opinion

LG5 Ball

venusfly

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
London GUY

I really wish  she'd gone for the whole Monster Ball at the Electric Chapel and then something like Monster Ball at Mary Jane Hollands and she could if carried that on :wtf:

REPLAY

ShockPop

I'd love her to do a legit tour. Perform like a rock star. None of the Katy Perry reject wigs and costumes.

She should take note from Blondie etc.

Gagaloo911
3 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

Its only iconic because of 'The Monster Ball'.  BTWB and The ArtRave: ARTPOP Ball Tour The Re-Up Reloaded weren't iconic.  

It's a played out theme,  it worked great the first time,  it looked uninspired the second and third.  

Byeeee no one else agrees with you so give it up.

The Ball is here to stay :whitney: 

I like the "ball" thing but I agree it should only be used in conjunction with a short title. none of this "lady gaga's artrave: the ARTPOP ball" nonsense

also I am here for her making the production a bit more minimalist still retaining visual elements like the cool interludes, maybe a beautiful patterned piano, more choreo sequences with intense lighting (like Beyonce!!) , a couple of flattering but not boring outfits

then again I love the props and OTT nature of the previous shows, so I'm happy either way :laughga:

mainly I'd love a setlist comprised of at least all of LG5.... if it's not good enough to perform live over Paparazzi, don't put it on the album. very frustrating to watch her perform e.g. Poker Face over and over but not perform an album track that I'm sure many fans would want to hear!

Dominic
9 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Byeeee no one else agrees with you so give it up.

The Ball is here to stay :whitney: 

giphy.gif

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

London GUY
12 minutes ago, paul said:

I like the "ball" thing but I agree it should only be used in conjunction with a short title. none of this "lady gaga's artrave: the ARTPOP ball" nonsense

also I am here for her making the production a bit more minimalist still retaining visual elements like the cool interludes, maybe a beautiful patterned piano, more choreo sequences with intense lighting (like Beyonce!!) , a couple of flattering but not boring outfits

then again I love the props and OTT nature of the previous shows, so I'm happy either way :laughga:

mainly I'd love a setlist comprised of at least all of LG5.... if it's not good enough to perform live over Paparazzi, don't put it on the album. very frustrating to watch her perform e.g. Poker Face over and over but not perform an album track that I'm sure many fans would want to hear!

Personally I think if she wants to take back the crowd then she should try to perform all her singles, maybe excluding MTN ang GUY and also drop the Government Hookery stuff off LG5

But I'm not bothered about sales, it's what Gaga wants 

REPLAY

AmenTheNight

- Drop the "ball" thing
- A better stage than the ArtRAVE, with more screens and props (ala Rebel Heart Tour, Prismatic Tour, Monster Ball, Mrs Carter Show)
- Built on 4 or 5 acts, like the MB and BTWB
- All of LG5 in the setlist
- Reworked versions of old hits and/or non-singles (Monster, Scheisse, Venus ...)
- Till It Happens To You
- NO JAZZ PLEASE
- Built like a musical, like the MBT
- A theatrical intro (see : every Madonna tour)
- A good outro (enough with these basic "music stops, Gaga goes down a trapdoor" already, we got that for the BTWB and the ArtRave)
- Dancing improved. She doesn't need to be dancing all along the song and/or to every song, but  to focus on the choruses of songs deserving a dance performance (BR, Applause, Just Dance ...)

• 1 month later...
Savage

I would like a very clean-cut show. (Not messy)
- HD screens with crisp and epic interludes
- Clean-cut outfits (like she has been wearing, e.g., at the Super Bowl,) but with the signature Gaga craziness.)
- Badass dancing (from Gaga and her dancers)
- Powerhouse vocals
- Stage that is not blow up. (This is not to say that I didn't LOVE the artRAVE stage.)

More importantly, I would like to hear all 15 of Gaga's (main) singles in SOME way.
(Just Dance, Poker Face, Love Game, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Yoü and I, Marry the Night, Applause, Do What U Want, G.U.Y.)
     I know this sounds ridiculous, but I am completely serious. Think about it: she doesn't have to SING every single. What if she uses some of them as video interludes? I can easily see her using Paparazzi as a guitar solo played by her band before Just Dance, like she did at Roseland. (Speaking of Just Dance, I can see being remixed for the live performance.) And what if she is raised onto the stage to G.U.Y.? ("TOUCH ME TOUCH ME DON'T BE SWEET, LOVE ME LOVE ME PLEASE RETWEET, LET ME BE THE GIRL UNDER YOU THAT MAKES YOU CRY—" A bang like the one heard after Scheiße when it was performed on Germany's Next Top Model sounds, and Gaga stands there epically like she did after Glitter and Grease during the Monster Ball before exploding into the first song of the set list, one off LG5.) You get the idea.
     This is not to say she can't perform SOME of the hits—we'll probably hear 
Just Dance, (Poker Face?), Bad Romance, Born This Way, and Applause live. If there are 15 songs on LG5, and she sings these 5 as well, that's only 20 songs. She can easily fit the other 10 singles into the show in other ways. She can literally walk to the end of the runway singing, "I'm gonna marry the dark, gonna make love to the stark, I'm a soldier to my, own emptiness, I am a winner," before singing Applause, like she did at one of the artRAVEs. 
     The reason I want to hear all 15 singles in SOME way is to honor her previous work. ESPECIALLY ARTPOP. I feel that it is our job to not let the media slander its name. Maybe it wasn't the most successful Gaga album, but I honestly can't see a difference in quality between it and her first three works. G.U.Y. WAS a single, and I think it deserves to be treated as one, even if she only goes on stage to it, as I pitched earlier. Even with the 5 songs that I suggested she actually sing, she could shorten THEM, instead of shortening songs from LG5. This overall method of putting the show together, in my opinion, puts the new album at the forefront while still remembering the immortals (all 15 singles) in the background. 

(P.S., I also think one wig is better than multiple. Think about how iconic the Monster Ball/Born This Way Ball wigs were. When she changed the style of TMB wig from time to time, we went crazy with excitement. Same with the color, (and even style,) of The BTWB wig.)

Archived