💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

What do people actually think racism means? Dictionaries are pretty clear on the issue, but people here seem confused. "Black people can't be racist" is factually incorrect. Anyone can be racist, by definition.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
22 hours ago, Bio said:

Change Beyoncé for Gaga, Formation for Born This Way, black for gay and racist for heterophobic and you sound just like what homophobic people said about Born This Way.

Tip: you should look up what racism means and not mistake it for racial prejudice. Those are two different things.

Two completely different things. Gaga's was a song for everyone, anyone who had ever been made to feel bad for something they were born with. And really, even if your type wasn't mentioned in the song, you were included because it was for everyone. She mentioned all races, not just hers. She mentioned all sexual orientations, not just hers. When she said all that bit about "my mama told me when I was young," she's unlikely to actually be referring to the truth, but about a metaphorical event. I'm sure a lot of other girls had their mothers say the same things to them. While Gaga could relate to that song, so could many. And while I'm not the biggest fan of it, I love its message and its bravery. Formation, however, is all Beyonce, it's for no one else. She brags about her very specific looks and heritage, her husband, her money, her abilities. It's so specific that no one else could possibly relate to it. I've just posted about this in the thread devoted to the song - Formation is nothing to do with race, it's all about Beyonce bragging about herself. She's been sly enough to convince you it's actually about race through the video and her SB backup dancers. She's buttering up the black community so she can get more money and fans out of them. She only cares about furthering her brand. It amazes me how no one else can see this. I think blacks should be outraged that she's made this important issue all about her. Even the voice over is all references to her, even if the original speaker wasn't talking about her. It's made to work like it's Beyonce's voice, if you see what I mean. That voiceover is from a dead person and it's being made to sound like it's being said by Beyonce. It's disgusting how she's used a dead person for this venture. No white artist could do this without comment and I'm the first one who's brought this up when it's a black person.

I am perfectly aware what racism means. Prejudice, discrimination, it's all roots from the same tree. I don't hold with this new hipster way of things where we can just decide that dictionary definitions don't mean squat anymore just because some people don't like them. It sounds ironically like what a stereotypical white person would do, don't you think? Yet, we support blacks for things that we wouldn't accept from whites. Sounds like racism to me.

21 hours ago, Miel said:

By definition, there is no reverse racism.

Do I agree that some of the fans are being incredibly prejudiced against white people overall? Yes.

However, there is no doubt that there is incredible, intense, and outright disgusting reactions from white people over this whole issue.

Sure, it's irritating to have fans go on and on and on about white tears. Just a bit. I agree, but to an extent it can definitely be overblown.

But the bigger point is, it's even more irritating that white people are offended by the fact that she took a side, prominently with the anti-police "STOP SHOOTING US" sentiment. The fact that people are offended that her backup dancers were clad in Black Panther tribute attire? That she's bringing race into the Superbowl, when it for some reason should be ignored?

When she's making a direct statement with the imagery of her video, and to an extent, the lyrics of her song, that she, a prominent Black figure in culture, is very aware that her people are being killed- why would conservative America be angry about that?

No, by definition there is no reverse racism but not in the way you think. There is only racism. There is only hatred, prejudice, hurt. And it shouldn't be tolerated from anyone, to anyone. Let's get this straight - a white person can't be truly affected by racism because they're the race with the most power? Ok, let's put this down a different way. I'm a woman. I think you'd agree that women have less rights than men and don't hold as much power? Well, if I go and beat a man up, does it not hurt him, is he not affected by that deeply, because he's the dominant gender and I'm just a weak woman, no strength? Clearly, I had the strength to beat him up and leave him hospitalised, fighting for his life. Sounds pretty affecting to me. See the correlation? The amount of power you have doesn't mean anything when there is hatred being flung around. There is no excuse for prejudice of any kind. When you start making excuses and exceptions, you can guarantee that prejudice will never end. It makes it worse. Because the people getting prejudiced against are stung that some people are allowed to be horrible and get away with it. Surely the concept of whites being told they have no right to complain because they're white sounds like the definition of racism?

Of course whites were offended. Offended that she chose to make a song exclusively for blacks (ironically, she hardly did that, as I explained in the previous reply) when she has a fanbase of all races. Offended that she clad her dancers in outfits worn by a group that is notorious for white hatred. Offended that she made a race issue all about herself and furthering her brand (yes, whites can be selfless too!) We're seeing the bigger picture. Of course race shouldn't be mentioned at the SB - what has football got to do with that? There's a time and place for race discussion and that wasn't it. And I'd say the same if it was a religious issue, a gender issue, a human rights issue...all worthy causes to bring up, but makes no sense to do so at this time.

It's not just conservative America that's annoyed. Why is this always the assumption when controversy against a liberal idea is raised? I'm a liberal, but I don't let that cloud everything I do. You can be liberal for some things, conservative for others. And I happen to think not everything is either a liberal or conservative issue. I think keeping race out of football half time shows is a neutral issue on the middle - it just shouldn't be done because it makes no sense and it could offend some people if the message is controversial or perceived that way. I have no problem with Beyonce bringing up race issues but this wasn't the time or place. She just wanted maximum exposure to further herself, it wasn't about the game or about who she was singing with, or even the black race. That's what partly offends me. I'm not even American.

21 hours ago, Miel said:

Black people can definitely be awful to white people. There is no doubt discrimination and prejudice against white people from Black people (or any ethnic minority- but in this particular context, Black people).

However- that is not racism, or reverse-racism. And, by historical context, it is not, I repeat, NOT, the same as when a white person would do it towards a Black person.

As said above, it's not equal if there's exceptions. If you're saying some races don't have the right, that's racism. And we're not in a historical context. Going back to history is the ultimate trump card when it comes to racism and it's tiresome and ends the argument unfairly. It should be about the here and now. History's history for a reason.

20 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Why does one black woman creating a song about pride and self-love for her and her community cause you to feel so threatened and isolated? Why are racial minorities not allowed to create their own art without having white people in mind?

I'm not threatened or isolated. But I know it could do that to her multiracial fans. She hasn't exactly given them tour dates in recent years, but during the B'Day tour, Beyonce did a ton of dates in Asia. She has lots of Asian fans, by the looks of things. Don't you think that this song alienates them? And Asians definitely have lesser representation, especially positive? And it's not like a white person can sing this song, it won't feel right. Won't they now feel awkward, especially if they go to her tour and they're surrounded by a lot of blacks? I don't agree with alienating your fans at all. This isn't about not keeping whites in mind, it's about not keeping anyone who isn't black in mind. It blows my mind how everyone is getting the wrong idea through any offence that is caused by this song. You can create art for your own people without alienating everyone else. Hello, rap was created for black people and that can adapted to be sung by anyone about any topic! But saying nothing apart from how proud you are of your race, therefore suggesting that it's the best way to be...that is alienating.

Redstreak
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm not threatened or isolated. But I know it could do that to her multiracial fans. She hasn't exactly given them tour dates in recent years, but during the B'Day tour, Beyonce did a ton of dates in Asia. She has lots of Asian fans, by the looks of things. Don't you think that this song alienates them? And Asians definitely have lesser representation, especially positive? And it's not like a white person can sing this song, it won't feel right. Won't they now feel awkward, especially if they go to her tour and they're surrounded by a lot of blacks? I don't agree with alienating your fans at all. This isn't about not keeping whites in mind, it's about not keeping anyone who isn't black in mind. It blows my mind how everyone is getting the wrong idea through any offence that is caused by this song. You can create art for your own people without alienating everyone else. Hello, rap was created for black people and that can adapted to be sung by anyone about any topic! But saying nothing apart from how proud you are of your race, therefore suggesting that it's the best way to be...that is alienating.

So she shouldn't sing about political issues specific to her because it's not possible to make it as kumbaya as possible? That's like saying any love song by a guy singing about a girl or a girl singing about a guy isolates me as a fan because I'm a gay. It's a ridiculous notion. There's still a bare bones message of empowerment regardless of skin color. I'm certainly not isolated even though I'm white. Unfortunately there are racial issues specific to black people, that's unavoidable. Speaking on that isn't wrong. And in what way is she singing about how being black is the best? You can't even find that implicitly in the song.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Brian Ryan

The I don't know what number thread this is... you don't have to be a genius. Black people can be racist. Sure. What could do with our racist actions? Maybe. Say a few words or two. That's it. Still does not make it right. However, our racism cannot make sure whites are disproportionately mistreated than blacks in the criminal justice system, slavery, and well you read history books and can see what's going on now i.e. the Black Lives Matter movement, which reads as "Only Black Lives Matter" to many of you guys who are white. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Beyonce' in her song and video is talking about exactly what went on in America in the past and still going on. A person being pro-black does not mean their anti-white. The black panthers were a defense to the KKK. Pick up a history book and before you go in on my grammar on a forum. Check yours first. They have something called grammarly. This thread is a mess.

StrawberryBlond
On 12/02/2016 at 11:17 PM, Redstreak said:

So she shouldn't sing about political issues specific to her because it's not possible to make it as kumbaya as possible? That's like saying any love song by a guy singing about a girl or a girl singing about a guy isolates me as a fan because I'm a gay. It's a ridiculous notion. There's still a bare bones message of empowerment regardless of skin color. I'm certainly not isolated even though I'm white. Unfortunately there are racial issues specific to black people, that's unavoidable. Speaking on that isn't wrong. And in what way is she singing about how being black is the best? You can't even find that implicitly in the song.

It was hardly a political issue. The song is all about her. It's just presented in a way that makes you think she's caring about the social issue. It's funny, whenever whites try to personalise a social issue, they get accused of making it all about them, but when it's non whites, suddenly, we have to respect them. It's like when Iggy was asked about what she thought of Macklemore's line about her in White Privilege II and she accused of trying to make a song about racism all about her. She was responding to a direct question about the line referencing her, what else was she supposed to say? This is what I'm talking about when I say that whites get dismissed very quickly when they put forward their views on racial matters and their true intentions are presumed and they're always negative. Yet, Beyonce makes a song that's claimed to be all about supporting of the blacks and anti police brutality, yet it's all about her bragging from beginning to end. And no one accuses her of trying to make the issue all about her. The double standards really sicken me.

It's nowhere near the same as a man singing a love song about a woman and saying a gay person can't relate to that. Such a song can be adapted to relate. But this is too specific. There is no bare bones message of empowerment. It's an empowerment anthem for Beyonce, not blacks in general and definitely not people in general. It's so specific to Beyonce that no one else could sing it and relate. She's not saying anything interesting or political, it's just her usual bragging. Beyonce is hardly educated enough to give intelligent insight. That's why she takes snippets of actual insights from intellectuals like Chimamanda - they provide the intelligence she cannot. Beyonce only knows how to do 2 things in her songs - bragging and expressions of love. She doesn't have it in her to make a truly thought provoking piece of social commentary, so rather fools people into believing she can through visual representations in her videos and using vocal snippets of people who actually know what they're talking about.

She may not actually be saying that being black is best, but subconsciously, that's the message she's sending. All throughout the song, she states her love for every stereotypical thing about black people, with no other race getting an acknowledgement. If the lyrics were changed to be that of a white person, it would be called racist and you know it. Like I was saying before, for some reason, we don't like it when whites force ideas of white beauty onto other races but it's ok for other races to force their ideas of beauty onto us. Double standards again.

On 12/02/2016 at 11:55 PM, BrianxRyan said:

The I don't know what number thread this is... you don't have to be a genius. Black people can be racist. Sure. What could do with our racist actions? Maybe. Say a few words or two. That's it. Still does not make it right. However, our racism cannot make sure whites are disproportionately mistreated than blacks in the criminal justice system, slavery, and well you read history books and can see what's going on now i.e. the Black Lives Matter movement, which reads as "Only Black Lives Matter" to many of you guys who are white. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Beyonce' in her song and video is talking about exactly what went on in America in the past and still going on. A person being pro-black does not mean their anti-white. The black panthers were a defense to the KKK. Pick up a history book and before you go in on my grammar on a forum. Check yours first. They have something called grammarly. This thread is a mess.

My issue with Black Lives Matter, which at first seemed a noble cause, is taking a dark turn. They are becoming violent, they are assaulting whites who try to join in their marches, they only seem to be focused on improving the lives of blacks, not all minorities. The problem in America is that a lot of blacks act like they are the only minority. They seem to act like Asians, Native Americans, etc. don't experience prejudice, or it's not as bad as the stuff they go through, when it is. I would far prefer if the group was called Minority Lives Matter, for then all minorities would feel welcome. But by making it exclusively black, it suggests they don't care about the discrimination other races face, when really, they should be standing shoulder to shoulder in the fight against racism. And The Black Panthers had a lot of shady business going on - Malcolm X, anyone? There are still followers of these theories who want to kill whites. Look it up. They say things like "Kill all the white babies." It's scary the way they talk. Check out what's happening to whites in South Africa right now. There's many other ways that whites are currently being made to feel like second class citizens in their own countries even today. There can't be equality when there's exceptions.

And Formation isn't about racism - it's about Beyonce and how great she is. And the fact she's fooled the world into thinking it's about racism is testament to how infuriatingly powerful she is that no one notices or questions even when the reality is staring them right in the face.

On February 7, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Rebel Heart said:

White people can have opinions but it doesn't mean that their opinions are correct. Most of the white people I've seen express dislike for Formation are disliking it for very racist reasons. And people calling them out, especially black people, does not make them "racist"

And the comments you made here didnt do squat for black or white people either, so sit down troll

14 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It was hardly a political issue. The song is all about her. It's just presented in a way that makes you think she's caring about the social issue. It's funny, whenever whites try to personalise a social issue, they get accused of making it all about them, but when it's non whites, suddenly, we have to respect them. It's like when Iggy was asked about what she thought of Macklemore's line about her in White Privilege II and she accused of trying to make a song about racism all about her. She was responding to a direct question about the line referencing her, what else was she supposed to say? This is what I'm talking about when I say that whites get dismissed very quickly when they put forward their views on racial matters and their true intentions are presumed and they're always negative. Yet, Beyonce makes a song that's claimed to be all about supporting of the blacks and anti police brutality, yet it's all about her bragging from beginning to end. And no one accuses her of trying to make the issue all about her. The double standards really sicken me.

It's nowhere near the same as a man singing a love song about a woman and saying a gay person can't relate to that. Such a song can be adapted to relate. But this is too specific. There is no bare bones message of empowerment. It's an empowerment anthem for Beyonce, not blacks in general and definitely not people in general. It's so specific to Beyonce that no one else could sing it and relate. She's not saying anything interesting or political, it's just her usual bragging. Beyonce is hardly educated enough to give intelligent insight. That's why she takes snippets of actual insights from intellectuals like Chimamanda - they provide the intelligence she cannot. Beyonce only knows how to do 2 things in her songs - bragging and expressions of love. She doesn't have it in her to make a truly thought provoking piece of social commentary, so rather fools people into believing she can through visual representations in her videos and using vocal snippets of people who actually know what they're talking about.

She may not actually be saying that being black is best, but subconsciously, that's the message she's sending. All throughout the song, she states her love for every stereotypical thing about black people, with no other race getting an acknowledgement. If the lyrics were changed to be that of a white person, it would be called racist and you know it. Like I was saying before, for some reason, we don't like it when whites force ideas of white beauty onto other races but it's ok for other races to force their ideas of beauty onto us. Double standards again.

My issue with Black Lives Matter, which at first seemed a noble cause, is taking a dark turn. They are becoming violent, they are assaulting whites who try to join in their marches, they only seem to be focused on improving the lives of blacks, not all minorities. The problem in America is that a lot of blacks act like they are the only minority. They seem to act like Asians, Native Americans, etc. don't experience prejudice, or it's not as bad as the stuff they go through, when it is. I would far prefer if the group was called Minority Lives Matter, for then all minorities would feel welcome. But by making it exclusively black, it suggests they don't care about the discrimination other races face, when really, they should be standing shoulder to shoulder in the fight against racism. And The Black Panthers had a lot of shady business going on - Malcolm X, anyone? There are still followers of these theories who want to kill whites. Look it up. They say things like "Kill all the white babies." It's scary the way they talk. Check out what's happening to whites in South Africa right now. There's many other ways that whites are currently being made to feel like second class citizens in their own countries even today. There can't be equality when there's exceptions.

And Formation isn't about racism - it's about Beyonce and how great she is. And the fact she's fooled the world into thinking it's about racism is testament to how infuriatingly powerful she is that no one notices or questions even when the reality is staring them right in the face.

I just read your first two lines, then I proceeded to dismiss your entire argument as foolish.

BLM isn't a single nation wide group, instead there are lots of little groups, so you can't speak about them as if they're a single entity, that they are not.

Asians experience plenty of prejudice, they also experience plenty of positive prejudice since they're the "model minority", and at least on the East Coast black and hispanics seem to get on very well and when it comes to talks on racism black is usually followed by "and hispanics" face --- whatever issue.

If i commented "black people suck" I'd be ripped to shreds :smh: i can't stand racial double standards

Really? Where would you be ripped because last I checked we were talking about youtube, you know that place where the comments sections is typically super super racist and homophobic. I mean you wouldn't get "ripped" on youtube.

Honestly why does this topic exist, because of youtube racist comment? I've seen racist as hell comments concerning every non-white race for years on youtube, but the moment there are a few ones that "seem" anti-white there is this topic as if "oh my those racist youtubers"! Racist youtubers have always existed, why are you acting as if this is some new thing? It's like a running joke at this point.

14 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

@Cocaine Heart  @Tropico can you guys confirm that violence in South Africa is not just blacks vs. whites, but some black groups vs. anyone who looks/sounds like foreigner including blacks from neighbouring countries?

Because that's what I heard.

What is your issue with Malcom X, strawberry? 

FreePalestine

11 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

@Cocaine Heart  @Tropico can you guys confirm that violence in South Africa is not just blacks vs. whites, but some black groups vs. anyone who looks/sounds like foreigner including blacks from neighbouring countries?

Because that's what I heard.

Oh  no no, we all know that since apartheid ended in the mid 90s that blacks have only been after whites! Africa has no issues at all concerning violence against other ethnicities of black people. /sarcasm.

As others said, racism implies power which historically black people in America don't have. They can certainly be prejudiced and nasty, but racism implies a systematic mechanism of oppressive power. 

Strawberryblond is on point by saying the song isn't about elevating black status as much as it about elevating herself. But all her fans are too busy getting their life to see the difference. It's whatever though.  

StrawberryBlond
On 14/02/2016 at 1:40 PM, Soleils said:

I just read your first two lines, then I proceeded to dismiss your entire argument as foolish.

BLM isn't a single nation wide group, instead there are lots of little groups, so you can't speak about them as if they're a single entity, that they are not.

Asians experience plenty of prejudice, they also experience plenty of positive prejudice since they're the "model minority", and at least on the East Coast black and hispanics seem to get on very well and when it comes to talks on racism black is usually followed by "and hispanics" face --- whatever issue.

This is the problem - some people around here don't agree with what I say within the first two sentences, so immediately choose to discredit the entire thing or not even bother reading the rest of it. I repeat over and over that if they read the rest, they'd understand me, even if they don't agree. The first paragraph is just me getting started - the last paragraph is usually when I'm at my strongest, so you have to keep going.

I'm not saying B:M is a single entity, but the actions of individual members can have a negative light on the whole group, the same as any other movement. Yes, they may not all be like that, but if some members are acting out, this has to be addressed and the group has to make it clear what they do and don't stand for.

What do you mean the "model minority?" Asians experience probably the worst racism right now, especially the Muslims. They get accused of being terrorists and even get their properties set on fire and suchlike. They are also far more likely to hear phrases like "go home" than blacks are. They have a lot lesser representation in the media, especially East Asians. They're frequently considered the most unattractive race and get their accents mocked. I'd say they have it far worse than blacks (not that it's a competition). Yet, this seems to not matter a jot to Black Lives Matter protesters - it's like they think blacks are the only ones who experience negative repercussions due to racism. The face of anti-racism should not be so self-centered.

On 14/02/2016 at 1:58 PM, VampireHeart said:

He was a racist. He thought blacks were "the original people of the world" and that whites were "white devils" created by an evil scientist called Yakub. His religion, Nation Of Islam, taught that blacks were superior to whites and that whites would one day be extinct. He wanted to get all blacks to convert to his religion, believing that the Christian religion that a lot of blacks are members of, was a white man's invention forced on them. He wanted the US government to pay reparations to all blacks. He thought blacks and whites should not co-exist. He was pro-segregation, wanting blacks to get their own region in the US and wanted them all to go back to Africa some day. He didn't agree with the civil rights movement's rule of nonviolence and encouraged blacks to resort to violence if need be.

Sure, he apparently changed over time but he still supported black nationalism and right up until his death, he still maintained that blacks had a right to achieve advancement through any means necessary. Maybe he truly was beginning to change or maybe it was all a cover when he got bad press. We'll never know. But there are plenty of people around today, even whites, who think he had the right ideas. And that concerns me.

Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

This is the problem - some people around here don't agree with what I say within the first two sentences, so immediately choose to discredit the entire thing or not even bother reading the rest of it. I repeat over and over that if they read the rest, they'd understand me, even if they don't agree. The first paragraph is just me getting started - the last paragraph is usually when I'm at my strongest, so you have to keep going.

I'm not saying B:M is a single entity, but the actions of individual members can have a negative light on the whole group, the same as any other movement. Yes, they may not all be like that, but if some members are acting out, this has to be addressed and the group has to make it clear what they do and don't stand for.

What do you mean the "model minority?" Asians experience probably the worst racism right now, especially the Muslims. They get accused of being terrorists and even get their properties set on fire and suchlike. They are also far more likely to hear phrases like "go home" than blacks are. They have a lot lesser representation in the media, especially East Asians. They're frequently considered the most unattractive race and get their accents mocked. I'd say they have it far worse than blacks (not that it's a competition). Yet, this seems to not matter a jot to Black Lives Matter protesters - it's like they think blacks are the only ones who experience negative repercussions due to racism. The face of anti-racism should not be so self-centered.

He was a racist. He thought blacks were "the original people of the world" and that whites were "white devils" created by an evil scientist called Yakub. His religion, Nation Of Islam, taught that blacks were superior to whites and that whites would one day be extinct. He wanted to get all blacks to convert to his religion, believing that the Christian religion that a lot of blacks are members of, was a white man's invention forced on them. He wanted the US government to pay reparations to all blacks. He thought blacks and whites should not co-exist. He was pro-segregation, wanting blacks to get their own region in the US and wanted them all to go back to Africa some day. He didn't agree with the civil rights movement's rule of nonviolence and encouraged blacks to resort to violence if need be.

Sure, he apparently changed over time but he still supported black nationalism and right up until his death, he still maintained that blacks had a right to achieve advancement through any means necessary. Maybe he truly was beginning to change or maybe it was all a cover when he got bad press. We'll never know. But there are plenty of people around today, even whites, who think he had the right ideas. And that concerns me.

He wasn't racist. He left the Nation of Islam and he changed. Why do you and some others always cling to NOI ideology when he obviously left it and even spoke against it?

''He wanted the US government to pay reparations to all blacks''

What is racist in that?

''He wanted to get all blacks to convert to his religion, believing that the Christian religion that a lot of blacks are members of, was a white man's invention forced on them''

And it was forced upon many slaves. 

''He thought blacks and whites should not co-exist.''

What is the evidence?

quote-i-believe-in-human-beings-and-that

VYeZSJN.jpg

quote-i-believe-in-the-brotherhood-of-ma

What is wrong or racist with these famous statements? There are a lot more.

FreePalestine

StrawberryBlond
Just now, VampireHeart said:

He wasn't racist. He left the Nation of Islam and he changed. Why do you and some others always cling to NOI ideology when he obviously left it and even spoke against it?

''He wanted the US government to pay reparations to all blacks''

What is racist in that?

''He wanted to get all blacks to convert to his religion, believing that the Christian religion that a lot of blacks are members of, was a white man's invention forced on them''

And it was forced upon many slaves. 

''He thought blacks and whites should not co-exist.''

What is the evidence?

quote-i-believe-in-human-beings-and-that

VYeZSJN.jpg

quote-i-believe-in-the-brotherhood-of-ma

What is wrong or racist with these famous statements? There are a lot more.

How do we know that he ever truly changed? He's not around to confirm it. You ask me why I'm clinging onto the past but I ask you why you're so adamant on being positive? Point is, he said it at one point. Only after many years did he "change." That's a lot of time to do do damage.

I find reparations racist, as do many. Even some minorities don't agree with it. The idea is fundamentally flawed and it's unfair by making innocent whites pay for the sins of their ancestors. The concept of reparations works on the belief that whites invented slavery, which isn't true. Look up Penn and Teller's Bulls**t! episode entitled Reparations for more info.

But even if it was forced on them, if the blacks liked the religion, why shouldn't they keep it?

And he didn't always say those quotes. It was once a very different story.

Don't get me wrong, I believe people can change but let's be clear: it doesn't happen overnight. It's my personal philosophy to always be wary of people who were once a shady type. It only makes sense.

2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

How do we know that he ever truly changed? He's not around to confirm it. You ask me why I'm clinging onto the past but I ask you why you're so adamant on being positive? Point is, he said it at one point. Only after many years did he "change." That's a lot of time to do do damage.

I find reparations racist, as do many. Even some minorities don't agree with it. The idea is fundamentally flawed and it's unfair by making innocent whites pay for the sins of their ancestors. The concept of reparations works on the belief that whites invented slavery, which isn't true. Look up Penn and Teller's Bulls**t! episode entitled Reparations for more info.

But even if it was forced on them, if the blacks liked the religion, why shouldn't they keep it?

And he didn't always say those quotes. It was once a very different story.

Don't get me wrong, I believe people can change but let's be clear: it doesn't happen overnight. It's my personal philosophy to always be wary of people who were once a shady type. It only makes sense.

You obviously don't believe that people can change, your personal cynicism shows that. Remember that next time you defend Iggy btw.

http://islam.uga.edu/malcomx.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/1387524/Mecca-made-Malcolm-X-change.html

FreePalestine

Archived