đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it just me or Beyonce's fans are racist af?

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Where did I say that again? All I've said it's not a unique phenomenon.

White people also tried to claim white people as property. Slavery has existed since the dawn of civilization. It's not unique to black people. 

There was definitely an element of superiority but that's how every civilization tends to feel about others. How is this unique to Europeans? Colonialism was mostly spurred by economic and political needs, not racial hatreds. 

How am I deflecting again? Slavery is a human issue not an African one. It still exists today. 

---

You need to calm down and think about what others say before injecting your own prejudices and assumptions into a discussion. 

K, simple question: do you or do you not believe white people have subjected black people to incredibly damaging conditions based on an assumption that black people are less worthy?

In the context of this conversation, what other racial groups have done does not take away from the fact that for hundreds of years white people have been stepping on racial minorities to get themselves to the higher echelons of society. You seem to be picking up on all these details and trying to nuance them or debate with me, but my point is only just that: for too long of a time, white people have believed and enforced an idea that white > black. Thus, they suck.

If you can't see that to be the truth, please just look up how many black people hold management roles in the US and ask what is holding them back. Spoiler: it isn't their ability to manage.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LebaneseDude
57 minutes ago, SinAgain said:

K, simple question: do you or do you not believe white people have subjected black people to incredibly damaging conditions based on an assumption that black people are less worthy?

In the context of this conversation, what other racial groups have done does not take away from the fact that for hundreds of years white people have been stepping on racial minorities to get themselves to the higher echelons of society. You seem to be picking up on all these details and trying to nuance them or debate with me, but my point is only just that: for too long of a time, white people have believed and enforced an idea that white > black. Thus, they suck.

If you can't see that to be the truth, please just look up how many black people hold management roles in the US and ask what is holding them back. Spoiler: it isn't their ability to manage.

You go from having a historical discussion about race to a discussion about management roles in the USA? While they're related to some degree, they warrant different discussions with different contexts. Stop conflating the issues.

Every racial group has stepped on or looked down upon other races, so your continued need to categorize all white people as inherently "sucky" is just biased and hypocritically racist. That only European history is at the forefront is merely a consequence of history. Asian, African, and South American atrocities and oppression for example are never discussed to the same length. 

i don't get why you think I'm saying that 'the whites' haven't oppressed "the blacks". Clearly that happened. I don't get what you're trying to prove. All I've said since my first post is that what happened to black people isn't unique to them, and frankly, they got off way easy compared to other people. At least modern "white people" are treating you with dignity and respect when it comes to the law, barring random occurrences (mostly police, maybe a few times a year) that most "sucky white people" loudly denounce. Of course you ignore that and go on to label an entire people as "sucky". How mature of you.

google the Congo, Rwanda, and Sudan massacres to see who's been ****ing over who on a global scale.

Of course, many Americans can't see farther than their own nose when it comes to global issues.

Oh and one more thing before I go. The issues that black people face today are often the result of their own actions, willingly or not. While white people are liable to some degree for obvious reasons, if black people pulled their **** together as an ethnic group they'd actually get ahead. I should know. My own people suffer from the same passive complacent blaming of others as they do nothing to further themselves. Why are you aiming for management positions? Start your own companies. With what money you ask? I don't know. Figure it out.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Himeros26
17 hours ago, LebaneseDude said:

Oh and one more thing before I go. The issues that black people face today are often the result of their own actions, willingly or not. While white people are liable to some degree for obvious reasons, if black people pulled their **** together as an ethnic group they'd actually get ahead. I should know. My own people suffer from the same passive complacent blaming of others as they do nothing to further themselves. Why are you aiming for management positions? Start your own companies. With what money you ask? I don't know. Figure it out.

Wow. Woooooooow. And this is why people have no sympathy for white people. "If black people pulled their **** together as an ethnic group". WOW. There it is, embedded racism. You have NO idea about the issues that african americans face from people like you, therefore you're too ignorant to say that damn sentence. You've NEVER been at disadvantages due to your race so how DARE you say that bullshit.

You CANNOT be racist to white people. They are in a place of power considering they wanted to label themselves as a majority. And of course, white people wanna complain all about it and shove confederate flags down minorities throats but the minute Beyonce performs a black anthem DURING BLACK HISTORY MONTH WHITE people wanna get their panties in a damn bunch.

oh no mam NOT today

Brian Ryan
5 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

Wow. Woooooooow. And this is why people have no sympathy for white people. "If black people pulled their **** together as an ethnic group". WOW. There it is, embedded racism. You have NO idea about the issues that african americans face from people like you, therefore you're too ignorant to say that damn sentence. You've NEVER been at disadvantages due to your race so how DARE you say that bullshit.

You CANNOT be racist to white people. They are in a place of power considering they wanted to label themselves as a majority. And of course, white people wanna complain all about it and shove confederate flags down minorities throats but the minute Beyonce performs a black anthem DURING BLACK HISTORY MONTH WHITE people wanna get their panties in a damn bunch.

oh no mam NOT today

Definitely agree.

StarstruckIllusion

Nah, it's just you. Gtg at black oriole taking centuries on slavery and you not handling comments you a YouTube video :toofunny:

Swan Heart

Racism is ignorance. Creating so much drama about skin color, hating on skin color... ****ing skin color. People are just that stupid and I can't stand it.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Paper Gangsta
On 7. 2. 2016. at 11:11 AM, Rebel Heart said:

White people can have opinions but it doesn't mean that their opinions are correct. Most of the white people I've seen express dislike for Formation are disliking it for very racist reasons. And people calling them out, especially black people, does not make them "racist"

Thats not true. Most of comments saying song is bad had nothing to do with race but ofc BeyHIVe gotta hold the title to the most annoying and delusional stanbase so they keep making stuff up just to portray it in the way that you cant dislike her song without being called racist or something

Yeah message of the song/video is important but that doesnt automatically make a song good song. 

VANTABLACK
On February 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Rabbit Heart said:

I even sometimes think black people are even more racist than white people. They just want to be everywhere just cuz they're black (Oscars hype etc.), same as gay people, don't get me wrong I'm gay but it's just crazy how they wanna be everywhere and always play a discrimination card. There are bigger problems in this world.

And this is what I think is wrong bout white people or something that I can't understand why they always think there are bigger problems in the world than being gay or black . There are many those no matter how hard hey try they will never be as privileged as white people. While people will never get this because they've never been thru it . Til it happens to u I don't know how it feels 

StrawberryBlond

Indeed, I have encountered a lot of borderline racist Beyonce fans and this is when they're really coming out the woodwork. They blindly follow her whatever she does and praise her for things they wouldn't praise anyone else for, Formation being the perfect example of that. Whenever she does something like this, she's sassy and a queen. If anyone else made this, they'd be called ridiculous and in love with themselves. I have a problem with how Beyonce chooses to assert herself in this song. She's more than proud, she's arrogant. Beyonce needs to realise that she has a lot of multiracial fans and this stuff alienates them. She seems to be sending the message, purposely or not, that black is the only and best way to be. And that her music is only for blacks now. I think that's a damaging message. Just as damaging as claiming white power. No one should ever enforce standards of beauty on anyone. Whites have been accused of doing this for years, but suddenly it's ok for blacks to do it to whites now? No one should ever be made to feel inferior because of their race or ashamed of their race, whether it's millions making them feel this way or one person. There is no justification for racism from anyone, for whatever reason. If racism was really only about non-whites being prejudiced against by whites, it would be called...minorism or something. But no, the word "race" at the beginning encapsulates all of us. I can't believe in this day and age that there are still people condoning forms of racism if it happens to the "powerful" race. It makes me sick.

7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Indeed, I have encountered a lot of borderline racist Beyonce fans and this is when they're really coming out the woodwork. They blindly follow her whatever she does and praise her for things they wouldn't praise anyone else for, Formation being the perfect example of that. Whenever she does something like this, she's sassy and a queen. If anyone else made this, they'd be called ridiculous and in love with themselves. I have a problem with how Beyonce chooses to assert herself in this song. She's more than proud, she's arrogant. Beyonce needs to realise that she has a lot of multiracial fans and this stuff alienates them. She seems to be sending the message, purposely or not, that black is the only and best way to be. And that her music is only for blacks now. I think that's a damaging message. Just as damaging as claiming white power. No one should ever enforce standards of beauty on anyone. Whites have been accused of doing this for years, but suddenly it's ok for blacks to do it to whites now? No one should ever be made to feel inferior because of their race or ashamed of their race, whether it's millions making them feel this way or one person. There is no justification for racism from anyone, for whatever reason. If racism was really only about non-whites being prejudiced against by whites, it would be called...minorism or something. But no, the word "race" at the beginning encapsulates all of us. I can't believe in this day and age that there are still people condoning forms of racism if it happens to the "powerful" race. It makes me sick.

Change Beyoncé for Gaga, Formation for Born This Way, black for gay and racist for heterophobic and you sound just like what homophobic people said about Born This Way.

Tip: you should look up what racism means and not mistake it for racial prejudice. Those are two different things.

By definition, there is no reverse racism.

Do I agree that some of the fans are being incredibly prejudiced against white people overall? Yes.

However, there is no doubt that there is incredible, intense, and outright disgusting reactions from white people over this whole issue.

Sure, it's irritating to have fans go on and on and on about white tears. Just a bit. I agree, but to an extent it can definitely be overblown.

But the bigger point is, it's even more irritating that white people are offended by the fact that she took a side, prominently with the anti-police "STOP SHOOTING US" sentiment. The fact that people are offended that her backup dancers were clad in Black Panther tribute attire? That she's bringing race into the Superbowl, when it for some reason should be ignored?

When she's making a direct statement with the imagery of her video, and to an extent, the lyrics of her song, that she, a prominent Black figure in culture, is very aware that her people are being killed- why would conservative America be angry about that?

3 points in and ready for more

Black people can definitely be awful to white people. There is no doubt discrimination and prejudice against white people from Black people (or any ethnic minority- but in this particular context, Black people).

However- that is not racism, or reverse-racism. And, by historical context, it is not, I repeat, NOT, the same as when a white person would do it towards a Black person.

3 points in and ready for more

Redstreak
8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Why does one black woman creating a song about pride and self-love for her and her community cause you to feel so threatened and isolated? Why are racial minorities not allowed to create their own art without having white people in mind?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

venusian

this thread is a mess jesus christ why has this not been closed

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

venusian
On February 11, 2016 at 7:22 PM, ROARyals said:

Nah, it's just you. Gtg at black oriole taking centuries on slavery and you not handling comments you a YouTube video :toofunny:

tea

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Archived